PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to do this?

Druchii
26-04-2006, 00:21
Hey, i was wondering if there is a way to get someones name that is registered to the SIM they use (if one is registered of course). I'm asking this i i have found a number to someone i htink i know, but potentially it could be someone i really don't want to ever hear from again. I'm only looking for a name. I've already found the SIM to be on the O2 network.

Any help? or anyway of doing this?

Gareth
26-04-2006, 00:27
Nope, no way whatsoever... unless you knew someone on the inside at O2.

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Why not get a friend to call the number, and pretend to be from a local radio station saying that they've won £50 in the "Give £50 to random phone number" quiz that they're running... then say you'll need their name and address to send the cheque. ;)

bopdude
26-04-2006, 00:27
Hey, i was wondering if there is a way to get someones name that is registered to the SIM they use (if one is registered of course). I'm asking this i i have found a number to someone i htink i know, but potentially it could be someone i really don't want to ever hear from again. I'm only looking for a name. I've already found the SIM to be on the O2 network.

Any help? or anyway of doing this?

Simple answer, I don't know, why don't you try ringing from a payphone and if you get to the person you don't want to hear from again then don't ring again, simple :shrug: ??? ;)

Druchii
26-04-2006, 00:31
Simple answer, I don't know, why don't you try ringing from a payphone and if you get to the person you don't want to hear from again then don't ring again, simple :shrug: ??? ;) Haha, we have a winner. MAn i just don't think do i these days (don't answer that ;) )

chocky909
26-04-2006, 00:37
or just dial the prefix 141 and mute the call too - I do this all the time when I'm bored..:erm: (not really)

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Nope, no way whatsoever... unless you knew someone on the inside at O2.

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Why not get a friend to call the number, and pretend to be from a local radio station saying that they've won £50 in the "Give £50 to random phone number" quiz that they're running... then say you'll need their name and address to send the cheque. ;)
That was your 4000th post. Congratulations.:drunk:

Druchii
26-04-2006, 00:52
or just dial the prefix 141 and mute the call too - I do this all the time when I'm bored..:erm: (not really) ---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ---------- That was your 4000th post. Congratulations.:drunk: Another excellent idea. But would lack the way of getting their name (provided i don't recognise the voice)

Escapee
26-04-2006, 07:47
Another excellent idea. But would lack the way of getting their name (provided i don't recognise the voice)

Just get someone else to phone the person, if you think its "Dave" for instance, say "Is that Dave" and when they say yes just launch into a conversation they will know nothing about, like I was given your number because I want a couple of doors fitted. (I used that one last time when I was after a guy who happened to be a carpenter, all I had was a common surname and an area he lived in)

It will appear like you (your caller) has been given the wrong number.

Druchii
26-04-2006, 16:47
Found out who it was, and it was the person i wanted to talk too :) Great.

I just thought "to hell with it" in the end and just rang it normally. Go me :)