PDA

View Full Version : Internet Banking

gary_580
28-11-2003, 10:40
Just wanted to see have prevalent the use of internet banking is.

Paul
28-11-2003, 12:59
Never use anything else - I couldn't tell you what year I last actually visited a bank.

Mark W
28-11-2003, 13:01
Was a telephone banking chap till i saw the light and went on the web... much easier and convenient :)

handyman
28-11-2003, 14:27
I use yorkshires banks ybonline, esp coming towards pay day so i can check when its in. Also usefull for paying bills.

Neil
28-11-2003, 14:47
First Direct for me-I can honestly say that they are the most efficient & professional company I have ever dealt with, & would recommend them to anyone. :)

SMHarman
28-11-2003, 14:51
First Direct for me-I can honestly say that they are the most efficient & professional company I have ever dealt with, & would recommend them to anyone. :)

I'll concur with that, but it can still be quicker to call than log on to do things.

I'll call for queries and log on once a month to pay all my bills.

The TXT message banking is the most usefull part. SMS of recent transactions a couple of times a week - fantastic.

gazzae
28-11-2003, 14:53
I use internet banking with the Ulster Bank.
Its love it, instead of writing out a cheque, just log on and pay my bills just takes 5 minutes.

SMHarman
28-11-2003, 14:56
Cheques are fast dying out...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3242776.stm

Defiant
28-11-2003, 14:59
Barcleys.co.uk for me. Before that I used TSB

TigaSefi
28-11-2003, 15:07
I use HSBC and it's still too paperworky, to do anything I have to wait for a mandate to come in the post and be signed which is silly cos I can't do one off payments at all. They do look like improving the service though.

Mal
28-11-2003, 15:19
Always use The Royal Bank of Scotland internet bank. All they try to do at my branch is to try to get you to get a loan from them. So it's best to avoid them.

The service is very good, as I can pay bills, set up/cancel standing orders, etc and look at my credit card balance.

Ramrod
28-11-2003, 15:30
Barklays for us as well.....the bunch of incompitent idiots that they are!

Bex
28-11-2003, 20:39
i don't do much internet banking, but when i can be arsed to remember to check things i do use the net.......

i bank with lloyds tsb.....crap bank and am going to be changing over to the abbey soon........well i get cheap rates etc cos i work there :p..and if i have an abbey bank account my wages clear a few days earlier than with another bank account :p

i am also going to be setting up an e-saving account, so i can put my money away each month (fantastic interest rates...not that im trying to sell our products or anything :p)

gary_580
01-12-2003, 12:05

too true. I pay my mortgage from a Barclays account. Supposed to pay on the 1st of the month, noiticed on Saturday 29/11 that they had already took my payment for 1/12.

Ramrod
01-12-2003, 12:31
too true. I pay my mortgage from a Barclays account. Supposed to pay on the 1st of the month, noiticed on Saturday 29/11 that they had already took my payment for 1/12.They say it's because they like to take it the night before the due date but that was a Sunday. Since Sunday isn't a working day they took it on the last working day before that due date......and kept your money an extra 2 days earning them interest....gits!

Flubflow
01-12-2003, 12:31
I use yorkshires banks ybonline, esp coming towards pay day so i can check when its in. Also usefull for paying bills.

I'm with yb and I keep meaning to apply for Internet Banking but you have to apply for telephone banking first, then you can apply for internet banking. I'm sure once that's done then life will be easier but it does seem like a rather pointless extra step to get started.

allanprg
01-12-2003, 12:41
I've been using internet banking for ages now. At the moment I'm with lloyds Tsb. I haven't actually gone to my bank in person for a very long time. I can check all my accounts and pay bills very easily. ;)

iadom
01-12-2003, 12:42
Used Barclays "PC Banking" for a couple of years, ( you installed the software on your own PC ) then switched to Barclays online, when that was discontinued, also use Halifax online. No real problems. My cheque book lasts me years now.

Trouble is I am still broke,:( :D

Shaun
01-12-2003, 14:46

A truer statement was never posted. I was with them for very short while, I left after 3 months of them constantly messing up my transactions, and when I closed my current account, they tried to make out that because I'm a student with a not so huge income no other bank would give me an account. The bloke looked a little stupid when I got out my shiny new co-operative bank delta card :LOL:

Even after that he tried to make out that I couldn't withdraw what money was in there that day and I would have to wait until they sent me a cheque, after five minutes of explaining that it was a current account and the money was mine they finally let me take the poxy £80 out of the account!

Chris
01-12-2003, 15:03
We use Barclays, plus Egg for savings and credit card. The Barclays website is faultless IMO - well almost, it has only gone down once in the 18 months or so I've been using it.Egg, on the other hand, is flakey at best - slow to load, images frequently fail to load altogether (this can make navigtion perilous), statements are often unavailable online, and from time to time my browser warns me of security certificates signed by an unrecognised authority. I only stick with them because the interest is decent and none of their failings has (so far) caused me to lose any money.

steved
01-12-2003, 15:45
Me, I use Smile and good they are too. I was with NatWest for nigh on 20 years when I found "there is another way" and it was called bank with anyone BUT NatWest.

Smile have been brilliant since in first started a year ago. I've only had to call them a couple of times and the last time was last week. I had to transfer funds to my solicitor to pay my deposit on my shiny 'new' house within 24 hours. Called smile. sure we can do that for you send a secure message, put my name in the header of the message says the gal on the phone. Sent the message at 13:00. At 14:30 check my account to see the funds are now gone from my account and me phone rings, my lawyers, to say errr we just got the funds in our account we've never recieved money so fast (they bank with CrapWest) so RESULT and happiness all round with smile.

recommend em to anyone

Steved

Maggy
01-12-2003, 15:52
With banks closed after 4.30 and closed on Saturdays what else is there to use?The only real snag is when you have a query which can't be dealt with online or on the phone.

I am a recent Nationwide customer and I'm impressed with their online banking and they are OPEN on a Saturday.Definitely thinking of changing my main account from Barclays.

Incog. :)

Paul
01-12-2003, 19:00
I'm in agreement with Neil - First Direct are the best.

I hate the Lloyds bank signon now - you have to remember a stupid userid, then a password, then the letters from another password :rolleyes:

Kliro
14-11-2004, 16:51
Has anyone had any experiance with Natwest online banking? Im with them and was thinking about online banking, but I'm not sure, how secure is it?

Graham
15-11-2004, 02:35
Has anyone had any experiance with Natwest online banking?

The most irritating thing about Natwest's online service is that it won't let you use Netscape "for security reasons", so it forces you to use the browser with the most security flaws in it, ie IE!! :banghead: