PDA

View Full Version : Fun Chasing Car Thieves

Escapee
24-04-2006, 00:18
I popped into my local tonight for a couple of beers, got home about 10:30.

I went straight to bed and within 10 mins could hear some noises, in the pitch dark I put on my jeans, sweatshirt, trainers and grabbed my baseball bat.

I sneaked down the stairs and looked all around the house, I then opened the front door and quietly let myself out. I knew straight away that something was up, cos I could see the do-gooders curtains twitching across the road.
I must of been heard because two boys with baseball caps ran off down the road, I went to see what they had been doing, and found the elderly neighbours rear side window had been smashed and the drivers door partly bent back. I gave chase but was a fair way behind them at this time.

I was not sure which direction they had gone at the end of the road but I took a guess, I then saw a car parked in the middle of a side road with the lights off. As I approached it carefully, the engine started and it drove past me. I had been calling and speaking to the police as I was running down the road, the police took a while to turn up because they had seen the car as I had told the operator the direction the vehicle would be travelling in. (Again a guess what estate the **** were from) The police said they turned around to chase it after passing in the opposite direction but lost it.

I only got a partial registration number because they had driven off without lights. The police turned up and said they are dealing with loads of this, they also seemed to know the owner of the vehicle after I gave them a description including the nearside barke light not working, and they confirmed the full registration after I gave them the first letter and following number.

It sounds like nothing will be done, because they weren't caught in the act. I dropped my baseball bat over the fence before giving chase, because we wouldn't want one of those lovely pillars of society hurt or go upsetting the do-gooders would we.:rolleyes:

The old dear across the road was a bit shaken up by it all, I guess they had target her car as it was the same make and colour as the thieves car.

Bring back hanging I say!

PS: I was apparently the only person to report the incident, the do-gooders opposite obviously did nothing more than curtain twitch. I guess its because they dont like to acknowledge there are any bad people in the world. I must admit though, I wouldn't of bothered taking chase if it was there car.

Druchii
24-04-2006, 00:27
I would like to shake your hand. We need a few more people like this in our communities, not the "hide behind the curtains" folk.

I think, if enough reports are made, they could eventually stand up in court, specially if there was something of theres left behind (i dunno, some clothing, or something?)

MovedGoalPosts
24-04-2006, 00:29
I take my hat off to you too for being prepared to get involved. :clap: Too many don't.

Based on your past posts you do seem to live in a lively neighboorhood where this sort of thing is a little too prevalent :(

Escapee
24-04-2006, 06:49
I take my hat off to you too for being prepared to get involved. :clap: Too many don't.

Based on your past posts you do seem to live in a lively neighboorhood where this sort of thing is a little too prevalent :(

The neighbourhood is fairly quiet, I think crime has escalated around here because the police stepped up patrols in the rough housing estate area a mile or so away. I think the thieves have a look around during the day whilst walking into town, (probably whilst cashing their Giro) and then target areas like mine that are failry quiet and off the beaten track.

I hate those such as my two neighbours opposite who, are like two of the wise monkeys. I have "Hear no evil" and "See no evil" living opposite, if I had caught the **** and had them on the floor, they would of come out and asked if they were allright. Thats exactly what happened before, they were only concerned about the ****!

I wouldn't mind betting that I can find their car within half an hour if they are home.

Roy MM
24-04-2006, 07:14
Good on ya, pity you never caught up with bat in hand, but maybe not, you would be doing the time whilst they had a recoperative holiday. :(

Escapee
24-04-2006, 21:50
Just been to my parents and mentioned to my father about last nights incident.

He said the police have been to see him today, asking if they can see the tape from his cctv system. (They knew he had cctv because two people have been caught by it already)

Apparently the thieves unbolted the top from on of the neighbours vehicles he has a mitsibushi L200, They unbolted it all but must of been disturbed as they left it behind.

The tape shows a new shape Transit dropside (permanent resident travellers my guess !!!) go past at 3.45am, and after about 10 mins it comes past again the other way and its clearly visible that the nearside dropside is hanging down. No doubt it was all ready to quickly load the hardtop on.

Another incident about half an hour later appears to be unconnected, a teenager on a push bike with a baseball cap goes past and appears to be carrying a bag. (Tools ???) Then another teenager carrying a torch comes up the road shining it in cars to have a look as he goes past. The quality is not fantastic in the dark, but it looked very much like the one I got a good look at in the incident outside my house last night.

And all the stats say crime is on the decrease:rolleyes:

Damien
25-04-2006, 18:54

Doesnt mean they have stopped. My area has got better, ASBOs have made a block of shops near me which used to be off-limits due to thugs is now fine. Not one thug there anymore.

Bill C
25-04-2006, 19:02
Doesnt mean they have stopped. My area has got better, ASBOs have made a block of shops near me which used to be off-limits due to thugs is now fine. Not one thug there anymore.

That's because some other poor sole has to put up with them. Asbo's don't work, they just move the problem.

We need more jails. And before you say it, I have a young offenders institute 2 miles from my house :)

Escapee
29-04-2006, 15:45
:mad: The police turned up yesterday and asked if they could come and take a statement from me at 11am this morning, I have heard or seen nothing from them today.

I did however manage to spot the car thieves vehicle due to recognising it by the damaged from bumper and 3 of the first 4 prefix that I knew. I told the police about this yesterday, and even told them I recognised the driver.

He was not the driver the night of the attempted theft, but he was the one I got the closest look of cos he was one of the two attemting the break in.
I turned around and drove straight to the housing estate area I expected him to be from, and drove to the road where most of the **** live. I spotted him walking away from some garages, so I guess he keeps his car locked up in case there are some thieves about!

I doubt the police will bother turning up, they dont really seem that interested in catching real criminals.

jtwn
29-04-2006, 16:32
Ever thought of joining the police? ;)

I'll suggest, that as **** typically operate in packs, you really should take something that will give you a greater chance in a confrontation, cs gas or something. It really isn't worth going out to only get hurt yourself.

me283
29-04-2006, 16:49
I had a similar incident a few years back, but it was my car being broken into. I didn't catch the little sh*t either, but he left some nice fingerprints on a piece of the interior trim. The police took it away... and I never heard back.

Some months later my place was burgled, in broad daylight. My girlfriend at the time got a really good look at the prime suspect, and typed out a nice statement, complete with a very detailed description. I told the police all of this, they made an appointment to come and see us both... then cancelled, and never rearranged. Again, I never heard back.

I moved on from there some time after.

By the way Escapee... good on ya!

Jules
29-04-2006, 19:21
It is good to see that you are willing to get involved. Glad to hear that you wasn't hurt like some people that have been on the news

Nidge
30-04-2006, 10:42
A few years ago when I was on the Taxis one of the lads car got nicked from near the Taxi office, we got a call on the radio saying the car had been spotted up the road at a petrol station, we took off and sure enough it was there, when the lads saw us they took off without paying, "not that they were going to pay anyway". We all gave chase, one lad was on the phone to the police who told him to give up following him, he asked the police if they were going to send someone? They said yeah when we've got someone free. We all said B******S to that we'll keep following them, some Taxi drivers took a shortcut to get in front of them and block the road off at the other end, it worked they had nowhere to go, they decided to give up, with 10 taxis following you some with passengers inside wanting to have a go at the theives too what would you do?

Jules
30-04-2006, 10:47
Lmao I would have loved to have been a passenger!