PDA

View Full Version : How do you prefer to pay ?

yesman
27-11-2003, 23:53
Its seems that the era of the cheque book is slowly coming to an end.
How do you prefer to pay ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3242776.stm

Paul
28-11-2003, 00:11
The answer depends on where I am, and what the person I'm paying will accept.

Some stoneage places still do not accept cards so I am forced to use cash.

I use my debit (switch) card when I want cashback, otherwise the credit card.

Online purchases are always credit card.

homealone
28-11-2003, 00:17
Its seems that the era of the cheque book is slowly coming to an end.
How do you prefer to pay ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3242776.stm

no choice for Tesco 'Clubcard' Plus?;)

Bifta
28-11-2003, 00:21
I pay by credit card for anything I purchase online, switch card in the supermarket and cash in any local shop I buy fags from.

Pritch
28-11-2003, 01:48
Debit card out of preference.
Cheque if it's near the end of the month and I've got no money.
Cash if it's the sort of place that gives a discount for that sort of thing. Or if I'm just buying milk.

Jerrek
28-11-2003, 03:23
Cash.

keithwalton
28-11-2003, 08:21
Cold hard cash so that i know what im buying but the spying banks dont. debit card though for the once in a blue moon i buy somthing online

K

paulyoung666
28-11-2003, 08:35
cash is king , if i need to use a credit card then mummy and daddy will do it if i ask , as long as they see the cash :p :p :p :p , imho opinion it is far to easy to get credit and land yourself in the poo with it , and before anyone says it is upto you to keep in control some people arent strongwilled enough to say no when they are offered a pile of credit , i reckon credit lending should be tightened up before it is too late , then again from what i have read it may be too late already , rant over :)

gary_580
28-11-2003, 09:31
Cash ifits less than a tenner or in a pub. Otherwise Credit Card. Good ridance to the cheque i say!! Only time i have to go into a bank is to pay in a cheque.

Does beg the question how will people pay each other money owed (personal)? I know i can pay money into other people accounts using internet banking but im not sure how many people use internet banking. Perhaps some could set up a poll on this as i dont know how to

paulyoung666
28-11-2003, 09:51
i use royal bank of scotland for internet banking and find it very easy and convenient to use , the way forward maybe ?????????? :)