PDA

View Full Version : Strange one, this (need help please)

Brigham
28-11-2003, 00:45
I have a second cable entry point at my house after returning my extra box after the extortionate increase in the cost of the extra box. I now use te aerial socket on my TV to get the analogue signal for the BBC1,2 ITV and C4 channels. The question I have is ' does NTL broadcast the freeview channels down the pipe?'

What I'm getting at is this; would I be able to use a Freeview box to access those channels and get the benefit of a better picture on my 46" rear projection telly?

My house doesn't have a TV aerial, by the way.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul
28-11-2003, 01:06
I stand to be corrected but think it incredibly unlikely (in other words no).

Pointman
28-11-2003, 01:28
I stand to be corrected but think it incredibly unlikely (in other words no).

Ditto

Pritch
28-11-2003, 02:19
As I understand it, the free channels broadcast are basically 1-5, and that's about it. A Freeview box wouldn't be able to pick up a digital signal.

purenuman
28-11-2003, 02:28
A new aerial is less than the price of a freeview box so why scrimp?
If you're going to buy a freeview box get a decent aerial fitted as well.
It's a one off payment.

mixteus
28-11-2003, 10:33
I have a second cable entry point at my house after returning my extra box after the extortionate increase in the cost of the extra box. I now use te aerial socket on my TV to get the analogue signal for the BBC1,2 ITV and C4 channels. The question I have is ' does NTL broadcast the freeview channels down the pipe?'

What I'm getting at is this; would I be able to use a Freeview box to access those channels and get the benefit of a better picture on my 46" rear projection telly?

My house doesn't have a TV aerial, by the way.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Free to air channels are available across all digital platforms(NTL,Sky,Freeview)

To receive NTL service in another room you need to hook up to RF/UHF out on NTL box, Then tune TV in other room to that signal.

For Freeview servive first check you can receive service in your area here

http://www.freeview.co.uk/

If you can receive service, you will then need to install an aerial that is capable of receiving the signal.

Proppinupthebar
29-11-2003, 11:58
Its a definite no, there's no freeview sent out on ntl's paid for network, there's no money to be earnt from ntl doing it.

albone
29-11-2003, 14:33
yep that's a definate no! as I have both! NTL do have a freeview page on there but it is not active. The best way to get the free view is via a decent aerial and the digi box, which is coming down in price all the time. I have the pace one which is realy tiny and sits on the top of the TV. But there are some swish ones around. So look carefully and see which suites your needs. :angel: