PDA

View Full Version : warning M25 major work starting

iain_herts
21-04-2006, 21:03
Hi all would just like to warn people who use the m25 top side around junction 25 that major work start in about 2 weeks time on the tunnel.

Also part of junction 25 will be closed.

In the local paper it is saying they will reduce both sides to ONE lane contraflow and will last from upto 18 MONTHS (but it has been warned it could last longer).
There is more on the highways agency website which is http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/4057.aspx

iain.

bopdude
22-04-2006, 01:28
You mean it hasn't already started :rolleyes: could have fooled me, surely it must go down as one of the worst bits of motorway planning in uk history :shrug: absolute shambles, town planners, I've s**t 'em

Thanks for the heads up though :tu:

nffc
22-04-2006, 07:16
You mean it hasn't already started :rolleyes: could have fooled me, surely it must go down as one of the worst bits of motorway planning in uk history :shrug: absolute shambles, town planners, I've s**t 'em

Thanks for the heads up though :tu:

Considering it's doing the job of the originally planned 4 ring roads, i'd say the M25 wasn't too bad. Only the North Circular, the M25 (which was bodged together from two plans between Watford and South Mimms, and also between Swanley and Chievening) and a couple of isolated bits - the Blackwall Tunnel and approach roads, Westway and the "spur" from Westway by the BBC centre which was the M41 - was actually built.

It's doing a job far away from its design specs where it was meant to have help- especially in south London, the North has the North Circular which is decent quality but the South Circular just looks like a load of local roads cobbled into a ring road. Even an upgraded South Circular along the original lines would help the M25.

www.cbrd.co.uk/histories/ringways