PDA

View Full Version : 7 Day Detox.....

Pia
21-04-2006, 10:16
I was thinking about doing a 7 day detox starting from tomorrow or Sunday, just drinking lots of water and only eating fresh fruit and veg.
I've got my multi-vitamins at the ready, and stocked up on green tea...

But i don't know anything about doing a detox.. People have told me i will feel great after about 3 days, and also that they have lost up to half a stone in that week!

Has anyone here ever tried doing a detox? If so, what did you eat/drink, and did you find it hard?!:)

smicer07
21-04-2006, 10:18
Dunno babe but you'll stink :)

Pia
21-04-2006, 10:26
Dunno babe but you'll stink :)
Hmmm i thought about that too, but surely it's a good thing, as long as you mask it well that is, but good for your body i mean!

Graham M
21-04-2006, 10:29
Stick an Air Wick "Click Spray" in your trousers and everytime you fart, clench afterwards :D

jellybaby
21-04-2006, 10:32
Stick an Air Wick "Click Spray" in your trousers and everytime you fart, clench afterwards :D

:LOL: :rofl:

homealone
21-04-2006, 10:41
What seems to be a fairly balanced article here

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/detox.htm

- you'll be stopping smoking, as well, won't you Pia? No good detoxing if you keep putting the toxins back in ;)

Pia
21-04-2006, 12:41
What seems to be a fairly balanced article here

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/detox.htm

- you'll be stopping smoking, as well, won't you Pia? No good detoxing if you keep putting the toxins back in ;)
Thanks homealone, i had been reading that earlier, it's quite interesting.

And about the smoking... it is a bit silly isn't it to say i'm going to keep on smoking during the week, but to be honest i was more hoping i could lose weight by being totally strict for a week, then hopefully ease into a smaller and healthier diet after the week is up. I just can't see me cutting down on so much food AND stopping smoking at the same time... maybe if i'm successful at the diet side of things i will do that next time :dozey::disturbd::disturbd:

smicer07
21-04-2006, 12:59
I don't think there's any point doing it if you're going to carry on smoking, really. There's no real benefit unless you stop the lot.

homealone
21-04-2006, 13:14
I don't think there's any point doing it if you're going to carry on smoking, really. There's no real benefit unless you stop the lot.

ah, depends, if the overall intention is to lose weight, then stopping smoking immediately may be counterproductive - I put on about a stone when I gave up, due to the change in metabolism & because I tended to keep putting food in my mouth, as a substitute for having a fag.

It really depends what Pia feels comfortable with, as I know how much having a fag can be a psychological help when stressed.

Pia, it probably won't be too bad getting used to a healthier diet, first, then packing up - but try to get more exercise, & set yourself a target date for eventually giving up those fags - good luck :tu:

keswick
23-07-2009, 15:56
For the past 3 weeks I have cut out drinking carbonated drinks, but i have started to smell really bad(BO smell). I would in the past normally shower once every 2 days but now i have to shower atleast once a day. Does anyone know the reason why?
If it helps i was addicted to drinking Coke cola and doctor pepper, I could easily get through a 2 litre bottle of the stuff daily!

lucy7
23-07-2009, 16:00
Three year old thread!

Isn't showering every day the norm though?
Sometimes your hormones play pop with stuff like that. :shrug: dunno really!

Graham M
23-07-2009, 17:28
Probably as they were acting as a diruetic stopping you from sweating as much... random thread revival

Pia
25-07-2009, 12:46
Lol people bumping my ancient threads is becoming quite common (scary!)

I'm so full of crap ideas, i don't think i ever even did this, as with most stuff i've posted.
:LOL:

Anyway, Graham is right, all the caffeine would have been dehydrating you. Use more deodorant! :D

budwieser
25-07-2009, 12:49
Lol people bumping my ancient threads is becoming quite common (scary!)

I'm so full of crap ideas, i don't think i ever even did this, as with most stuff i've posted.
:LOL:

Anyway, Graham is right, all the caffeine would have been dehydrating you. Use more deodorant! :D

Does caffiene dehydrate you then?
Just wondered because i drink a lot of coffee at work, probably 10 cups at least.

Pia
25-07-2009, 12:58
Well i've read that it makes you wee more, as Graham said, but i don't know for definite. I drink shedloads of tea too.

budwieser
25-07-2009, 12:59
Well i've read that it makes you wee more, as Graham said, but i don't know for definite. I drink shedloads of tea too.
Thats why i`m weeing so much then.:dozey:

vinnjb
01-10-2009, 09:25
I once did a detox.
I don't smoke but I drink like a fish.
One day I realised my health was suffering from the booze so I went on a detox for 3 days.

I stopped drinking and ate only fruit (oranges etc) for vitamin C and drank about 8 glasses of water.

And I felt great after.

I'd lost weight and my acne had cleared up.

They say that pomegranate is one of the best antioxidants to get rid of free radicals. I don't know what they are but they're meant to be bad for your body.

I would recommend a detox to anyone - in spite of their immature comments!

bjorkiii
16-04-2010, 20:07
Just finish this box of stella then i might give it a go :)

alferret
16-04-2010, 20:18
WOW! A double resurrection with a bit of spam added ;)