PDA

View Full Version : New Tmobile PAYG tariffs

Russ
19-04-2006, 11:18
I have a friend "in the know" who has just sent me information that from May 1st Tmobile will be introducing 2 new PAYG tariffs.

The first will be called 'Everyone' where calls to UK mobiles and landlines will be charged at a flat fee of 12p per minute, texts will be 10p.

The other is 'Text Appeal' where calls to landlines and UK Mobiles will be 20p per minute but texts will be 3p each :eek:

You heard it here first ;)

etccarmageddon
19-04-2006, 11:55
12p a min flat rate call charge is groundbreaking pay as you go for a major network if it's to all uk mobiles and anytime.

Russ
19-04-2006, 12:04
I've also been told that o2-style "bolt-on" offers will be available for the 'Everyone' tariff so you can get discounted text packages.

King Of Fools
19-04-2006, 12:15
It sounds good for low users but anybody spending more than £15 per month would be better off with the Tesco Extra (http://www.tescomobile.com/extrasim.aspx) tariff where calls to UK mobiles and landlines are charged at a flat fee of 10p per minute and texts are 5p.

homealone
19-04-2006, 12:21
It sounds good for low users but anybody spending more than £15 per month would be better off with the Tesco Extra (http://www.tescomobile.com/extrasim.aspx) tariff where calls to UK mobiles and landlines are charged at a flat fee of 10p per minute and texts are 5p.

I think they have pitched it to be cheaper than the Tesco Value tariff of 15p/min flat rate calls & 5p texts. If, as Russ says, they do 'bolt on' offers, as well, it will be quite competitive.

zing_deleted
19-04-2006, 13:21
I like my o2 contract 200 mins x network and 100 texts 25 quid a month migrated from an o2 online payg 300 text and 23 mins a month free just have to top up a tenner

bonzoe
19-04-2006, 18:23
You can get calls on Tesco mobile at 10p per min from £2.50 per month which includes 25min then 10p per min after that. Another £2.50 gets texts for 5p, 50 included, then 5p each. This is using the bundles they offer which last for 30 days..no need to top up £15 per month

Chrysalis
20-04-2006, 00:54
that is pretty good if its true.

I would imagine most people on PAYG are low users anyway. Normally if I put £10 on my phone it will last 3-6 months.

King Of Fools
20-04-2006, 08:16
You can get calls on Tesco mobile at 10p per min from £2.50 per month which includes 25min then 10p per min after that. Another £2.50 gets texts for 5p, 50 included, then 5p each. This is using the bundles they offer which last for 30 days..no need to top up £15 per month
The bundles on the standard tariff (http://www.tescomobile.com/sim-cards) revert to the normal cost once used up (i.e. 20p per minute and 10p per text). They are also only 10p per minute and 5p per text if you use all your bundle up:
http://www.tescomobile.com/help/bundles.aspx

bonzoe
20-04-2006, 18:21
The bundles on the standard tariff (http://www.tescomobile.com/sim-cards) revert to the normal cost once used up (i.e. 20p per minute and 10p per text). They are also only 10p per minute and 5p per text if you use all your bundle up:
http://www.tescomobile.com/help/bundles.aspx

:confused: Confused here, you contradict yourself, on the one hand you say that once the bundle is used calls revert ot 20p per min & texts to 10p each. You then say, correctly, that they are only 10p per min & 5p per text if you use up all your bundle.

The site says -

You choose the size of bundle you want and once it is added the minutes or texts will last for 30 days – if you use all your minutes or texts in the 30 days then each minute is only 10p and every text only 5p.
30 day Bundles of Calls and Texts
Bundle Name Number of mins or Texts Cost per Bundle Cost per min or text (if all bundle is used)
Calls 25 25 minutes £2.50 10p
Calls 50 50 minutes £5.00 10p
Text 50 50 texts £2.50 5p
Text 100 100 texts £5.00 5p

etccarmageddon
20-04-2006, 18:27
perhaps he's pointing out that if you dont use all your bundle then for example if you use 50% of your bundle the actual cost per text is 10p.

or worse.... you buy a 50 texts for £2.50 bundle but only use 2 texts before it runs out - actual cost then is 150p per text!

Shaun
20-04-2006, 18:57
I have a friend "in the know" who has just sent me information that from May 1st Tmobile will be introducing 2 new PAYG tariffs.

The first will be called 'Everyone' where calls to UK mobiles and landlines will be charged at a flat fee of 12p per minute, texts will be 10p.

Calls slightly cheaper then EasyMobile/Tesco/Fresh but texts are double the price. :td: Swings and round abouts.

The other is 'Text Appeal' where calls to landlines and UK Mobiles will be 20p per minute but texts will be 3p each :eek:

You heard it here first ;)

Calls more expensive than the above suppliers and texts not much cheaper when you take into account the bolt-on/"cheaper if you're on the same network" offers.

Not enough to make most people already getting a good deal swap but may be enough to convert those on higher plans. It's significantly cheaper than Voda/O2 tarrifs. :tu:

King Of Fools
20-04-2006, 21:08
perhaps he's pointing out that if you dont use all your bundle then for example if you use 50% of your bundle the actual cost per text is 10p.

or worse.... you buy a 50 texts for £2.50 bundle but only use 2 texts before it runs out - actual cost then is 150p per text!
Yes, thanks!

Plus I was also saying that once you have used up your bundle the calls/texts revert to 20p/10p. So, for example, if you buy the £2.50 call bundle the first 25 minutes cost 10p each but any you make over the 25 cost 20p each.

bonzoe
22-04-2006, 19:27
Yes, thanks!

Plus I was also saying that once you have used up your bundle the calls/texts revert to 20p/10p. So, for example, if you buy the £2.50 call bundle the first 25 minutes cost 10p each but any you make over the 25 cost 20p each.

I disagree with your comment that calls revert to 20p per minute after 25 min, if the time limit for the bundle has not expired calls remain10 per minute, I quoted the information from the Tesco mobile site in an earlier post and the pricing matrix.

If you don't use all the bundle, then OK it works out more expensive per call but still cheaper that spending £15 per month with T-Mobile!

King Of Fools
22-04-2006, 22:18
I disagree with your comment that calls revert to 20p per minute after 25 min, if the time limit for the bundle has not expired calls remain10 per minute, I quoted the information from the Tesco mobile site in an earlier post and the pricing matrix.
The matrix only covers the in-bundle costs. Once the bundle is used up you revert to normal costs. That is the point of the larger bundles.

bonzoe
23-04-2006, 17:05
The matrix does cover out of bundle calls, if you use more than 25 min in the bundle each extra minute win the 30 days cost only 10p see [URL="http://www.tescomobile.com/help/bundles.aspx"]

There is NO point in taking out a bigger bundle!!!

King Of Fools
23-04-2006, 17:24
The matrix does cover out of bundle calls, if you use more than 25 min in the bundle each extra minute win the 30 days cost only 10p see [url="http://www.tescomobile.com/help/bundles.aspx"] 30 day Bundles of Calls and Texts
Bundle Name Number of minutes or Texts Cost per Bundle Cost per minute or text (if all the bundle is used)
Calls 25 25 minutes £2.50 10p
Calls 50 50 minutes £5.00 10p
Text 50 50 texts £2.50 5p
Text 100 100 texts £5.00 5p
The "if all the bundle is used" refers to the fact that if you use less than the bundle the cost per minute or text is greater than 10p or 5p. It does not refer to the cost after the bundle is used.

"You choose the size of bundle you want and once it is added the minutes or texts will last for 30 days – if you use all your minutes or texts in the 30 days then each minute is only 10p and every text only 5p."

There is NO point in taking out a bigger bundle!!! If that were really the case then it would be stupid having the bigger bundle offers but it is not.

toots66
23-04-2006, 23:29
One thing to consider with the Tesco bundles is that they only make sense if you call/text more than the 3 favourites fairly evenly. The bundle T&Cs clause 5 states:

Calls and texts to your favourite numbers will be taken from your available bundles and not decremented from your calltime balance.

Therefore if the bulk of your calls/texts are to three numbers, the bundle is effectively going to be wasted on them. If your other numbers are used less often than the favourite three but still quite a lot, you'd be better off on the Extra tariff; even if you don't credit £15 every single month, you would still get the lower rates when you did or revert to the standard tariff when you don't.