PDA

View Full Version : Flashing D On an Automatic Gearbox

colinbar
18-04-2006, 19:47
Hi,
I do not know if this is a problem, but we picked up a second hand Renault Scenic from a dealer end of last week and have noticed on 2 occasions that putting the gear into Drive the D light on the dashboard is blinking and will not go into 4th gear. If I take it out of drive momentarily and then put it back, its fine.

Any ideas?

Wicked_and_Crazy
18-04-2006, 20:03
have you checked the automatic transmission fluid level?

colinbar
18-04-2006, 20:10
No, I will check that in the morning when its light.
Although Probably cant trust them, but the dealer was supposed to give it a 100 point service prior to us picking it up.

handyman
18-04-2006, 20:26
Is there a button labled D or OD?

Not an auto expert but I belive it holds you in gears 1-3 so you can get upto speed on motorways. On hondas the button is on the dash on others it on the Gear selector.

colinbar
18-04-2006, 20:35
There is also a D3 on the dashboard (separate), but to use this you have to press a button on the gear stick. This would be used for the 1-3 gears.

Nidge
19-04-2006, 05:00
Hi,
I do not know if this is a problem, but we picked up a second hand Renault Scenic from a dealer end of last week and have noticed on 2 occasions that putting the gear into Drive the D light on the dashboard is blinking and will not go into 4th gear. If I take it out of drive momentarily and then put it back, its fine.

Any ideas?

Get it back to the dealer the selection has gone inside you gear box.

colinbar
19-04-2006, 18:57
Rang the dealer today and have booked it in for checking/fixing. They are also supplying a courtesy car whilst it is in. Fortunately when we bought it, A years warranty was also thrown in.