PDA

View Full Version : When Ntl Install My Digital Upstairs Will The Outside Of My House Have Loads Of Wires

WANTINGNTL
18-04-2006, 00:25
Hi,
Getting Ntl Digital Tv Installed Upstirs Tommorow Just Wondering If There Will Be Loads Of Wire Running Outside My House? Thanks. Josh

Halcyon
18-04-2006, 00:46
:welcome: to the forums.
As far as I know there should only be one wire upto to your set top box from NTL's entry point in your house.

homealone
18-04-2006, 02:49
Hi,
Getting Ntl Digital Tv Installed Upstirs Tommorow Just Wondering If There Will Be Loads Of Wire Running Outside My House? Thanks. Josh

Hi :welcome:

depends what kit you have - if you want a wired connection, you will need wire - it isn't that obtrusive, in my opinion ;)

Shaun
18-04-2006, 03:20
You should see some of the houses round here, wires everywhere. Will perhaps post a pic tomorrow if I remember to take my digi out with me.

WANTINGNTL
18-04-2006, 10:29
Cheers. I really hope that its 1 discreet wire. Anyway ill let you know once they have installed it. Cheers....

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

P.S

The box outside my house that ntl connect the tv to is on the opposite side of my house to where i want the digital installed. I have a semi-detached house. Just incase that helps

TeleFragX
18-04-2006, 11:29
Around here its nice 1 cable from the small box on the wall to the room in which the service is to.

Stuart
18-04-2006, 11:50
WantingNTL, :welcome: to CableForum.

NTL will only run one cable from the box on the outside wall to the set top box. If you have a cable modem, they will need to split this cable, but AFAIK, they do this inside the house.

Chris
18-04-2006, 11:54
On the contrary ... when I had NTL there were three cables on the outside of the house. One was a very short run into the lounge, another was to extension phone sockets upstairs, a third was to broadband upstairs. They used black cable so it looked fine and was all very neat. I'd rather it was there than running round my skirting boards.

Mal
18-04-2006, 12:45
When I had mine installed, the installers kindly ran the cable for my phone and stb underneath the house (the box is on the front and I wanted the stuff in the rear bedroom), so no cables around the side, just the two cables at the back, from the ground to the bedroom. :)

Halcyon
18-04-2006, 13:21
When I had it installed the engineer was very good indeed and asked if I wanted white or black cable (we chose white to match the wall) and he fitted it to the outside of the house and then under the roof beams into the room.

WANTINGNTL
19-04-2006, 00:09
Finally ntl arrived 45mins early! I was very impressed as i was booked for 12-6 and he arrived at 11.15. At first the ntl guy wanted to drill through 6 walls! I told him there was no way in hell he was doing that, so i then told him to run it around the side of the house. He did. He was very young and kind. We was talking throughout the whole installation. He told me he does privite work so he said he can do me chipped boxes for my frends and family. He also told me that if i hadnt been talkin to him he would have just thrown the cables up so messy! (Im glad i was talking to him) Anyway, thanks for the help., Josh

Pia
19-04-2006, 00:16
He told me he does privite work so he said he can do me chipped boxes for my frends and family. :disturbd: I'm sure NTL would love that!
He also told me that if i hadnt been talkin to him he would have just thrown the cables up so messy! (Im glad i was talking to him) Sounds like a nice, professional guy:erm:

DaggaDagga
19-04-2006, 00:46
Is this a wind-up?

"He was very young and kind" :erm: ...and the other comments :disturbd:

WANTINGNTL
19-04-2006, 01:30
its so funny lol :dozey:

UncleBooBoo
19-04-2006, 11:37
He told me he does privite work so he said he can do me chipped boxes for my frends and family.

I was offered chipped boxes by an NTL employee when he called to collect my second STB! :disturbd: