PDA

View Full Version : NTL Broadband availability checker

Craig_hgt
12-04-2006, 21:03
ok, here goes :(
we have been keeping an eye on ntls service availability for well over a year, seemed like ages. then several weeks back i decided to run another check after being told by them previously that it should be available within six months.
it was like my birthday and christmas all at once! 1, 2 and 10 meg broadband is now available in your area :) :) :)

wasting no time i rang up to have ntl broadband installed. unfortunatly, i wasn't able to nod my head to one of there questions and i seem to recall it being that i didn't know the password or account number (for the reason that my dad pays by direct debit).
i had to hold back anyway due to unforseen circumstances.

anyways, a few weeks on things are looking good, so we get on the availability checker... again all three BB packages are available.

i thought i'd better be prepared for the install as we need three computers on BB so i order 2 pci wireless cards 1 laptop adaptor and a linksys wireless router. (see post under networking 'NTL + wireless)

my dad phoned them up tonight, and despite there online checker saying its still available, BB is NOT available to us.
i think this is unacceptable, they're telling us that the sales people in the ntl palace use a different system to see wether or not bb is available to you.
the only explanation that the nice lady 'angie' could come up with is that on the checker, there is a disclaimer saying that 'services are subject to availability'

i refer you to the title^^^

Rant over

Mick Fisher
12-04-2006, 21:45
A typical Ntl cock-up.

No need to go into surprise mode.

Craig_hgt
12-04-2006, 22:50
i forgot to mention,
the bloke that we got put through to said that if the website said its available we should place the order as of the two checking systems, sometimes, the online check is more accurate. so we did.

Craig_hgt
23-04-2006, 01:32
follow up

after placing the order, we were informed that broadband is not available in our area. the person at customer services informed us that they will be in touch with their "internet people" to have our streets details updated so it would show not available straight away. we also tried going one step further by asking to speak to somebody higher up in the company, for the lady to reply there is nobody higher than me :)

now we have been in touch with bt to find out if we can have broadband in our area, and they informed me that i'd need to pay £99 to have a bt line put in to find out. incidently bt have said this will not be refundable in the event that we cant have broadband. The reason for having to pay this £99 is that our bt line has not been active for over 10 years, so for this time we have been with LCL which became diamond then ntl as it is now.

this is hardly been a rewarding experience for our years with ntl. i presume ntl staff has members on here?

just to rub salt in the wounds, ntls website is still saying we can have broadband at our house.

if i don't get any satisfaction out of ntl i'll be on the local radio, which i am looking forward too :)