PDA

View Full Version : Nem's in hospital...

LemonyBrainAid
11-04-2006, 22:41
Nem's in hospital... :(

He had a strange pain in his stomach on sunday and only today visited the walk-in centre and the hospital... He has appendicitus.

The op is scheduled for later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

He's having it removed and expects to be in hospital for another two days and out of work for a minimum of 3 weeks.

:(

Russ
11-04-2006, 22:42
Flippin eck :eek:

Let him know we're all thinking of him....although I can't wait til Nugg gets hold of this :D

MovedGoalPosts
11-04-2006, 22:43
:eek: Get well soon mate.

iain_herts
11-04-2006, 22:44
get well soon nemmy

Marge
11-04-2006, 22:45
Crikey, give him all my love and hope he feels better soon :hugs:

Ramrod
11-04-2006, 22:47
Hope the op goes well Nem....and that you don't get too bored in hospital....or catch MRSA!:erm:

Druchii
11-04-2006, 22:49
Get well soon mate :)

LemonyBrainAid
11-04-2006, 22:50
Hope the op goes well Nem....and that you don't get too bored in hospital....or catch MRSA!:erm:

He's quite happy with his extendable tv screen thingy.. pretty cool

My sis, mum and I are gonna go visit him tomorrow... visiting hours are 2till4 and 6till8 at St Peters hospital falcon ward for anyone who fancies visiting him - I'm sure he could do with a friendly face for anyone who lives close... :(

danielf
11-04-2006, 22:52
Get well soon Nemmy...

Halcyon
11-04-2006, 22:58
All the best for a speedy recovery.
Get well soon. :)

Shaun
11-04-2006, 22:58
Give him our best wishes wont you Lem

Mal
11-04-2006, 23:17
Get well soon Nem!

zing_deleted
11-04-2006, 23:18
Get well soon mate :)

cookie_365
11-04-2006, 23:20
All the best Nem

Florence
11-04-2006, 23:22
Tell him to get well soon and rest once he gets out feet up watching his fav programs :hugs:

yesman
11-04-2006, 23:23
All the best and a speedy recovery Nem !!!!!!!!

Angua
11-04-2006, 23:41
:sorry: and big :hugs: to Nem & Get well soon. :tu:

etccarmageddon
11-04-2006, 23:44
:ghugs: best fishes.

bmxbandit
11-04-2006, 23:58
ouch, nasty... get well soon :)

kronas
12-04-2006, 00:24
hope the nemster has a speedy recovery :)

nffc
12-04-2006, 00:27
Best wishes... hope he gets well soon. :tu:

Gareth
12-04-2006, 00:40
Blimey, get well soon, Nem!

punky
12-04-2006, 01:07
Lemony, pass on my very best wishes to Simon for me please. I hope he gets well soon. Still, less work, more clan :sniper:

Maggy
12-04-2006, 01:49
Well lemony here's a very big test of your character.

I want you to give your dad one of these for me.:hugs: A gentle one mind.

Then I want you to give him one of these for me. :kiss: Do make sure it's a big wet sloppy one too.;)

Then tell him I've got my witchdoctor beads out and I'm wishing him every good bit of luck that I can..:tu:

Then make sure you do the same to your mum as well 'cos she needs all your support right now.:tu: Well apart from the beads that is..;)

Coggy.XXXX

swoop101
12-04-2006, 05:58
Blimey, he things people will do to get easter off.:rolleyes:

Get well soon Nem

Slyder
12-04-2006, 06:28
Get well m8 and see you back on the boards soon m8. :)

Bill C
12-04-2006, 06:36
Nem's in hospital... :(

He had a strange pain in his stomach on sunday and only today visited the walk-in centre and the hospital... He has appendicitus.

The op is scheduled for later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

He's having it removed and expects to be in hospital for another two days and out of work for a minimum of 3 weeks.

:(

All the best Nem. :tu:

skyblueheroes
12-04-2006, 07:11
Take it easy Nemmy.

Paul K
12-04-2006, 07:13
Another member loses their appendix :erm: Think we should have a poll to see how many fully intact forum members there are ;)
No doubt he'll be back on his feet soon but never the less......
http://www.maineiac.com/marriage/get_well_soon_pic.jpg

LSainsbury
12-04-2006, 07:27
Who is Nem? :erm: :D

Get well soon dude!

Don't forget to get the docs to pickle it and put it in a jar for you! :Yikes:

Lee

PS - LemonyBrainAid - print this tread and take it with you when you go and see him - sure that'll cheer him up!

KingPhoenix
12-04-2006, 07:38
He's quite happy with his extendable tv screen thingy.. pretty cool

My sis, mum and I are gonna go visit him tomorrow... visiting hours are 2till4 and 6till8 at St Peters hospital falcon ward for anyone who fancies visiting him - I'm sure he could do with a friendly face for anyone who lives close... :(

May pop in this afternoon..... If i dont see him, send him mine and Gem's best wishes! :)

private_ace1977
12-04-2006, 08:11
:Yikes: Thats a wounder. Hope he gets better soon. ATB

Nugget
12-04-2006, 08:30
Flippin eck :eek:

Let him know we're all thinking of him....although I can't wait til Nugg gets hold of this :D

Well, who'd have thought that voodoo does work ;)

Seriously, even though he is my personal nemesis, please pass on our love and best wishes from me, pumpkin and Baby Nug.

Make sure you look after him Lemony, or I'll be coming after you next :disturbd:

greencreeper
12-04-2006, 08:36
Well there's a bit of advice for us all - avoid walk-in centres. Go in with a bit of trapped wind and the next thing you know, you're on the table having something removed :D

If we lose any more mods, the inmates will take over :D

Get well soon, Nem!

handyman
12-04-2006, 09:24
Hope you get well soon Si (nem/nemesis for thse not following things). Don't rush back to working hard I'm sure kp can keep things rolling clan side :erm:

homealone
12-04-2006, 09:42
Just want to add my sympathy & express my good wishes for a routine op & a speedy recovery.

Thanks for letting us know, Lemony, I know you will pass on our good wishes, he is a special guy, your dad :tu:

Stuart
12-04-2006, 10:04
Nem, get well soon..

bopdude
12-04-2006, 10:10
Hope all goes well for you mate, get well soon :tu:

Russ
12-04-2006, 10:17
Anyone remember that bit from Ferris Bueller's Day Off where they spread a rumour about him being ill and by the end of the day there's a whole "Save Ferris" campaign??

I see similarities....:D

Aragorn
12-04-2006, 10:20
I vaguely remember having appendicitis when I was 10 - spent a couple of weeks in hospital :( - not very nice.

Get well soon Nemmy.

Salu
12-04-2006, 10:35
Hope you feel better soon Nem...

orangebird
12-04-2006, 10:39
Big snogs Simon. :kiss: :hugs:

Bob
12-04-2006, 10:41
Get well soon Si :)

Jon M
12-04-2006, 15:37
Just got back from seeing Si.
Fortunatly there is no crisis.. he has been told that surgery won't be happening and the pain he was suffering has subsided.

Was nice to finally meet him and his lovely wife, I hope they have a nice restful afternoon, providing he gets his discharge sorted out promptly.

No Nugget, you may not use 'discharge' for comedic purposes.

homealone
12-04-2006, 15:44
Just got back from seeing Si.
Fortunatly there is no crisis.. he has been told that surgery won't be happening and the pain he was suffering has subsided.

Was nice to finally meet him and his lovely wife, I hope they have a nice restful afternoon, providing he gets discharged promptly.

that is good news, thanks Jon :tu:

Ramrod
12-04-2006, 15:48
Hmmm.....I'm tentatively happy for him. :)

orangebird
12-04-2006, 16:03
Hmmm.....I'm tentatively happy for him. :)
I'm just tentative. Was it problems with his appendix then?

Jon M
12-04-2006, 16:13
That was the reason for him being admitted yes.

He did comment on another patient there that had been there 4 times with suspected appendicitus and not had surgery either.

orangebird
12-04-2006, 16:22

He did comment on another patient there that had been there 4 times with suspected appendicitus and not had surgery either.

Don't want to be a doom-monger, but my friend got diagnosed too late with appendicitus and died. AFAIC, it they hurt at all they should be whipped out. Tout Suite. :erm:

Jon M
12-04-2006, 16:25
Lets hope the doctors know what they're doing then :disturbd:

No doubt he'll have more information for us once he gets home.

Ramrod
12-04-2006, 16:27
Lets hope the doctors know what they're doing then :disturbd:
Thats why I'm only tentatively happy for him.....

Chris
12-04-2006, 16:29
My money's on the hospital being under New Labour target pressure and too busy with more 'major' surgery to want to tie up a theatre with something as 'minor' as this. :(

Get well soon Nem.

Nemesis
12-04-2006, 17:12
Well, well, well .... I'm alive and well.

Pain started Sunday morning, with classic "bunged up" like symptoms. I ignored it and assumed it was trapped wind, etc.

By Tuesday afternoon, it was really painful, bent double painful and so went to the walk in centre. Told to go directly to A&E, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

A&E saw me and nurse and doctor diagnosed appendicitus, followed by another doctor, and consultant and then a surgeon. They all can't be wrong .... can they.

Given Morphine and told that I would be under the knife by the end of the night. Given more Morphine and Paracetomol overnight.

Told at 11:45 last night that it was postponed until this morning, so finally had something to eat and drink and then slept.

Woke up this morning .... no pain ... damn this Morphine is good stuff I thought ... Saw Nurse, she said "Hmm, Saw Doctor, he said "Hmm", saw consultant, he said "Hmmm, no more pain huh" ... prod prod prod.

Decision: No Operation ....

Explanation: Possibly bowel obstruction, lymph nodes inflamed, glandular swelling (Nug leave it), etc, etc.

So now home, but told to go back should any more pain be felt .... Sorry to worry you all, and thanks for the kind words.... and Nug, I love you too ;).

Special thanks to Jon ... finally get to meet, shame about the location though ...

Ramrod
12-04-2006, 17:14
My money's on the hospital being under New Labour target pressure and too busy with more 'major' surgery to want to tie up a theatre with something as 'minor' as this. :(Thats what went through my mind.
Still, if it was me, I'd be only too happy atm to let it go and see if it starts up again or not :tu:
Good to see you back Nem! :)

Rough.D
12-04-2006, 17:46
Me wonders if it was the thought of a visit from KP that assisted the pain to disapear :D ;)

Chimaera
12-04-2006, 18:17
Oh well - glad you're out of hospital Simon, but get that appendix out asap! Mine gave me aggro for about 3 weeks on and off, I honestly thought I had a bout of prolonged (painful) food poisoning, and got sent to A&E by Occupational Health eventually. I didn't realise how painful it was and how ill it had made me until it was removed.
Hope you are feeling better soon! :hugs:

Stu038
12-04-2006, 18:17
Good to see you back mate, don't be such a prat next time and get the thing looked into sooner.

Shaun
12-04-2006, 18:20
I'm sure with a whip round we could afford a new calving knife and a bottle of rubbing alcohol Simon, perhaps a couple of us could hold you down and Salu could butcher you up :p:

Glad to hear you're feeling better mate :)

homealone
12-04-2006, 18:30
Glad to hear you are back home, Si :tu:

- seeing as they said 'possible bowel obstruction', did they offer any advice on the after effects of the morphine, which can cause constipation???

Halcyon
12-04-2006, 18:33
Excellent news !
Glad to see you are out of hospital.
Now have a nice relaxing end to the week. :)

Enuff
12-04-2006, 19:31
Phewwwwww M8tron! Nice to see u back and pain free m8 :tu:

Download Failed (1)

AndrewJ
12-04-2006, 19:36
Dodgy kebab eh come on you went on a bender and had the chicken tikka with it all on didn't ya :rofl:

punky
12-04-2006, 22:06

D'oh... Err, I mean woohoo :) Glad to hear it matey.

Nugget
13-04-2006, 08:21
<snip>Explanation: Possibly bowel obstruction, lymph nodes inflamed, glandular swelling (Nug leave it), etc, etc.

I can't believe you give me a line like that, and then won't let me use it :fit: ;)

So now home, but told to go back should any more pain be felt .... Sorry to worry you all, and thanks for the kind words.... and Nug, I love you too ;).

Uuurrggghhh, Nem just told me he loves me - I think he should go back to the doctors, 'cos there's something wrong with his head (well, apart from the obvious, anyway :D )

Glad you're better though matey :)

etccarmageddon
13-04-2006, 08:26

He did comment on another patient there that had been there 4 times with suspected appendicitus and not had surgery either.wow! what a rubbish hospital! 4 visits and still no surgery or are you saying they keep sending him away cos they cant find his appendix!

Salu
13-04-2006, 10:31
I'm sure with a whip round we could afford a new calving knife and a bottle of rubbing alcohol Simon, perhaps a couple of us could hold you down and Salu could butcher you up :p:

Glad to hear you're feeling better mate :)

Good idea. I'll whip it our for....say......ÂÃ ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£750? (Nugget leave it.....I like this Nug restraint system....NRS....?)

orangebird
13-04-2006, 10:35

Pain started Sunday morning, with classic "bunged up" like symptoms. I ignored it and assumed it was trapped wind, etc.

By Tuesday afternoon, it was really painful, bent double painful and so went to the walk in centre. Told to go directly to A&E, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

A&E saw me and nurse and doctor diagnosed appendicitus, followed by another doctor, and consultant and then a surgeon. They all can't be wrong .... can they.

Given Morphine and told that I would be under the knife by the end of the night. Given more Morphine and Paracetomol overnight.

Told at 11:45 last night that it was postponed until this morning, so finally had something to eat and drink and then slept.

Woke up this morning .... no pain ... damn this Morphine is good stuff I thought ... Saw Nurse, she said "Hmm, Saw Doctor, he said "Hmm", saw consultant, he said "Hmmm, no more pain huh" ... prod prod prod.

Decision: No Operation ....

Explanation: Possibly bowel obstruction, lymph nodes inflamed, glandular swelling (Nug leave it), etc, etc.

Special thanks to Jon ... finally get to meet, shame about the location though ...

Glad you're out and feeling better. But PLEASE PEASE PLEASE make sure you go straight back if you feel any more pain at all. I know it sound daft in this day and age, but appendicitus if left untreated or undiagnosed can be and is fatal. :hugs: xxx

Nugget
13-04-2006, 10:41
Good idea. I'll whip it our for....say......ÂÃ ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£750? (Nugget leave it.....I like this Nug restraint system....NRS....?)

750 quid?! Give me a rusty hacksaw and a chisel, and I'll do it for a tenner :D

NRS? I'll NRS 'em - just wait, they'll forget to tell me, and then I'll 'ave 'em...

Salu
13-04-2006, 11:05
750 quid?! Give me a rusty hacksaw and a chisel, and I'll do it for a tenner :D

NRS? I'll NRS 'em - just wait, they'll forget to tell me, and then I'll 'ave 'em...

You only need a stanley knife, bottle of whisky and a needle and thread...

Nugget
13-04-2006, 11:29
You only need a stanley knife, bottle of whisky and a needle and thread...

I trust the bottle of whisky's so that I can have a break halfway through ;)