PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich anyone?

Paul K
10-04-2006, 10:26
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4894952.stm)
Hungry shoppers are being offered the chance to eat a gourmet sandwich, but the £85 price tag might be too much for some to swallow.
The McDonald sandwich - named after its creator Scott McDonald, the chef at London department store Selfridges - is said to be the world's most expensive.
Its cost is down to the Wagyu beef that makes up most of the filling, packed in a 24-hour fermented sour dough bread.
There have been at least five advanced orders placed for the 21oz (595g) meal.
Think I'll pass on the sarnie and just throw some pound coins down the loo instead :erm:

Russ
10-04-2006, 10:27
I wonder how long it'll take for Maccy D to issue a lawsuit.

greencreeper
10-04-2006, 10:30
I wonder how long it'll take for Maccy D to issue a lawsuit.
I think that's been tried in the past - something about the McDonald name that cannot be copyright, I think :erm:

It does look tasty, but then so do Big Macs - crisp lettuce turns out to be brown and limp; the whole thing looking like it's been stood on, and given the chavs that serve them probably will have been.

Russ
10-04-2006, 10:32
Oh yeah, in the adverts the burgers are about 4 inches deep but in reality they look like one of those old shoes you find on the road which has been run over by about 20 cars.

Maggy
10-04-2006, 12:08
If I was that rich I'd rather have a sarnie for under a fiver and donate the rest to the various charities fighting famine in Africa.It's bloody obscene at that price IMHO.

bopdude
10-04-2006, 13:00
Even at £10 for a 8oz steak X 3 = £24 which is still double dear, that makes the rest of the sarnie +/- £30 ................ ouch

bmxbandit
10-04-2006, 13:11
it does look pretty tasty... but then i could eat pretty well for a month for £85! :erm:

greencreeper
10-04-2006, 14:42
Even at £10 for a 8oz steak X 3 = £24 which is still double dear, that makes the rest of the sarnie +/- £30 ................ ouch
It's not steak - it's Wagyu beef. It's like the difference between rump and corned beef. Did a bit of Googling - it's a Margaret Thatcher (special cow): http://www.wagyu.org/wagyu.htm

The cheese, pate and mayonnaise will be pricey too.

Paul K
10-04-2006, 16:21
Don't care how special the cow was, this sort of thing is just status symbol country. Silly little boys in their suits trying to make up for a lacking in other departments ;)

Angua
10-04-2006, 16:41
Don't care how special the cow was, this sort of thing is just status symbol country. Silly little boys in their suits trying to make up for a lacking in other departments ;)

Spot on. Just another way for these silly folk to be parted from their dosh :dozey:

Halcyon
10-04-2006, 17:12
What a waste of money !
I could cook you up something just as good and healthy for less than £5.00.
I certainly won't buy one.

Enuff
10-04-2006, 17:23
I'd have had a go at that a few months ago... but i cut out bread and butter so it has to be a no no :(

MovedGoalPosts
10-04-2006, 20:35
They were showing this on London Tonight. Alistair whatshisname took a tiny bite - he didn't look that impressed whilst the female presenter, was turning her nose up at it suggesting is smelt quite horrible :sick: