PDA

View Full Version : New Install

redstar1
08-04-2006, 13:48
Just had NTL installed this morning, early and without issue I might add. Although I can't register the connection until tuesday :shocked:

It will be interesting to see if they start charging me from today though......

driver_problems
08-04-2006, 15:36
Just had NTL installed this morning, early and without issue I might add. Although I can't register the connection until tuesday :shocked:

It will be interesting to see if they start charging me from today though......

yes

mastic
08-04-2006, 16:02
Yup, I have just had a SACM installed as I am currently using my Samsung STB as my internet conenction. I want to use the full 10mb so I got this.

Guess what!

Can't use it till Tuesday?

Can you imagine BT getting away with this?

SLM
08-04-2006, 18:05
Yup, I have just had a SACM installed as I am currently using my Samsung STB as my internet conenction. I want to use the full 10mb so I got this.

Guess what!

Can't use it till Tuesday?

Can you imagine BT getting away with this?

It is actually a computer system down due to an upgrade that is taking place over the weekend and will not be back up and running till mid Tuesday.

mastic
08-04-2006, 18:19
yeh i know that.

But it's still poor service no matter the reason.

SLM
08-04-2006, 19:59
yeh i know that.

But it's still poor service no matter the reason.

So in essence ntl are damned if they do and damned if they don't, people like you wind me up, I bet your on another thread complaining about slow speeds or something.:mad:

Druchii
08-04-2006, 20:33
So in essence ntl are damned if they do and damned if they don't, people like you wind me up, I bet your on another thread complaining about slow speeds or something.:mad: Calm down. That's all i can say to you SLM.

Mastic, just wait until Tuesday, you can do that can't you? I had a similar issue with my 4Mb connection from Tewlewest Blueyonder. I had to wait an entire month before they cleared blocked pipes and could even offer the extra bandwidth in my area. Oh, and i'm not entitled to a refund.
You're managing to get online aren't you? And i take it you have some form of speed.

redstar1
08-04-2006, 21:23
I don't have a problem waiting until tuesday, still got the adsl running well so its not a problem. just interested to see when they start billing me from :D

kibblerok
08-04-2006, 23:18
I don't have a problem waiting until tuesday, still got the adsl running well so its not a problem. just interested to see when they start billing me from :D

from when you register

mastic
09-04-2006, 00:11
So in essence ntl are damned if they do and damned if they don't, people like you wind me up, I bet your on another thread complaining about slow speeds or something.:mad:

I work for a company that you will use the service of at least a few times a week, without it you would be stuck for cash.

If we closed down any of our systems for "maintenance" then all hell would be on. That is why we operate a DR site, which we switch over to for these matters.

If we can manage it why can't NTL? It's an industry standard thing!

EDIT:The speed is fine, the reliability, customer service, value for money is poor. I can't get terristrial because of the huge cliff next door, I can't get Sky because it is a listed building - so I am stuck with cable.

kibblerok
09-04-2006, 00:24
I work for a company that you will use the service of at least a few times a week, without it you would be stuck for cash.

If we closed down any of our systems for "maintenance" then all hell would be on. That is why we operate a DR site, which we switch over to for these matters.

And quite expensive??

Is it really worth it? It only affects the small number of people being installed with broadband for 4 days... hardly life or death?

Im guessing you are referring to cashpoints or some banking system? In which when siging up you still have to wait to get the account and card, so no real difference?

Hell, even with banking systems... cahoot have shut theirs down fully a few times for maintenance. :shocked:

mastic
09-04-2006, 17:42
and as for speed, I am on 10mb and this is what I am getting today:

Downstream141 Kbps (17.6 KB/sec)152 Kbps (inc. overheads)Upstream25 Kbps (3.1 KB/sec)27 Kbps (inc. overheads)

good eh?

SLM
09-04-2006, 18:36

EDIT:The speed is fine, the reliability, customer service, value for money is poor. I can't get terristrial because of the huge cliff next door, I can't get Sky because it is a listed building - so I am stuck with cable.

Sorry mastic I did not make it clear in my 1st post, its only the registration side that is down, its not affecting the normal internet.

fudge
09-04-2006, 20:12
If i remember rightly, ntl did post a message a couple of weeks ago about this. so we were warned of the shutdown.

redstar1
09-04-2006, 23:58
New signups weren't told, at least i wasn't, but it's no big deal.

PS1
11-04-2006, 21:28
New customers have been told on the day of install(as far as im aware),But will not start being charged until registration is complete.
Annoying yes but,not the end of the world eh!
Anyway,it would take some customers at least a week to reach the registration pages even using the new and improved latest software:dunce: .
(just kidding)

redstar1
11-04-2006, 23:06
Got it all registered this morning except i messed up the password lol

No problems and i didn't have to put the cd anywhere near a pc thankfully. Seems to work fine, fast, stable, hopefully it stays that way.