PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from STB to SACM for 10Mb

winterbrew
08-04-2006, 09:56
After getting 10Mb b/b through the samsung STB just before Christmas, I decided to register for an upgrade to a SACM to get the full 10Mb, using the following link ;
http://www.ntlworld.com/toolsservices/forms/stb/
Filled this in on 19 December, and again at the end of the first week in Jan 06.
No contact to arrange one from the support team.
I phoned up about 2 weeks ago (2 different times in the same day), and was refered back to the above link on both occasions, saying that I would be contacted within 48 hours. So I filled the form in again, and still no joy.

Does anyone have a non-customer services number I can try, as I'll just get pointed back to the website again.
I thought they would be quite keen, with wanting to charge £50 for the SACM ;)

Jon

MovedGoalPosts
08-04-2006, 12:16
We can get our ntl contacts to give the systems a prod for you if your'd like.

Please PM your account number, address including postcode and daytime contact phone numbrs.

winterbrew
08-04-2006, 12:50
We can get our ntl contacts to give the systems a prod for you if your'd like.

Please PM your account number, address including postcode and daytime contact phone numbrs.

Thanks Rob ;)

PM on its way shortly

Jon

MHA
09-04-2006, 12:58
I had exactly the same problem, I put in for the upgrade for using the CM instead of the STB via the website, heard nothing ... phoned NTL, they told me to try again, did heard nothing , phoned again and got through to package changes i think it was ...

they said they couldn't sort it out, so the operator asked tech support who said they didn't deal with it. The operator then said he would phone back after consulting with his manager, he never did ... so I phoned back again, selecting package changes again, operator said they can't sort it out, so the put me through to 'sales' who promptly arranged for an engineer to come out and install the CM this coming Tuesday and for free I think (will have to double check the bill when it comes through)

...hopefully all will be sorted tuesday afternoon, fingers crossed :)

winterbrew
12-04-2006, 12:43
Had a call from a nice lady at NTL today. My SACM will be installed next Tuesday :)

Cheers Rob ;)

Jon

winterbrew
18-04-2006, 12:16
All installed this morning :)

Some good download rates from microsoft.com :)
Thanks

Jon

Slyder
20-04-2006, 20:40
All installed this morning :)

Some good download rates from microsoft.com :)
Thanks

Jon

good stuff... it chuffin annoys me we have to use the brilliant people on here most of the time we want something done from the lazy gits @ cs who cant be arsed to do there job... :mad: grrrrrrr