PDA

View Full Version : cant play counter-strike

Visibleman
26-11-2003, 19:58
hi all,
is anyone else having any problems? Loaded up CS and clicked on "Find Servers" and it comes back saying that it cant find any servers!...none what so ever, even UK servers :( Surely this cant be down to the alantic cable problems/DNS servers?! And CS works on IP addy's not domain names, so i would have though that it wouldnt be relying on the DNS servers? :(

If anyone can shine some light on this, it will be much appreciated :)
Dom

zovat
27-11-2003, 10:41
hi all,
is anyone else having any problems? Loaded up CS and clicked on "Find Servers" and it comes back saying that it cant find any servers!...none what so ever, even UK servers :( Surely this cant be down to the alantic cable problems/DNS servers?! And CS works on IP addy's not domain names, so i would have though that it wouldnt be relying on the DNS servers? :(

If anyone can shine some light on this, it will be much appreciated :)
Dom

have you upgraded CS to 1.6 and steam yet ?

this may have a bearing on the problem..

I had this a couple of days ago, but forced steam to refresh and they came back...

Steam has been a little unreliable over the last couple of weeks... :(

Visibleman
27-11-2003, 18:46
yea, i upgraded to 1.6 at the start of the year when they were doing trials. It was fine on friday, just went to play it last night at nothing game up in the servers list :(
now it doesnt even want to load :( ...ahh ill reinstall it over the weekend and see what happens :)

zovat
27-11-2003, 19:57
yea, i upgraded to 1.6 at the start of the year when they were doing trials. It was fine on friday, just went to play it last night at nothing game up in the servers list :(
now it doesnt even want to load :( ...ahh ill reinstall it over the weekend and see what happens :)

when it starts up - do you get "game not available" or something like that?

dtol
27-11-2003, 21:07
Find Servers" and it comes back saying that it cant find any servers

I've had this a few times. You need stop Steam and delete a couple of files in the Steam config folder. The files are masterservers.vdf and serverbrowser.vdf. Then restart Steam and everything should be back to normal.