PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Assistance Card

j52c
06-04-2006, 11:04
Hi.

Wonder if anyone can help.
Does anyone have a Volskwagen and use their Volkswagen Assistance Card. If so, how much does it cost for a. 1 year and b. 2 years?

Reason I am asking is that last December, we bought a VW Bora with 1,000 miles on the clock that had been used by the VW dealer and never sold on to a customer. The assistance card expires middle of May this year.

I have looked all through Volkswagen sites and cannot find any prices and don't want to leave it until they contact me for renewel.

Any help appreciated.

Chris
06-04-2006, 11:12
It sounds like something to do with their warranty and I'm guessing includes AA or RAC cover.

I wouldn't bother renewing it myself - go and get a quote for roadside assistance from AA, RAC or Direct Line. It will almost certainly be better value.

j52c
06-04-2006, 11:37
Yeah, it is sort of tied in with the warranty and is free for the first year.

However, they have dated it from when the car was new and not from when I purchased the car. I did ring Volkswagen up last month because I had not received the card, and was told that it would expire in december 2006.

However, i got the card this morning and it says it expires on May 2006.

I am going to ring again and sort it out, otherwise it looks like going back to the AA or Green flag if they are still going.

Funny thing is, while I was googling to see if I could find their prices, I found a report on the Volkswagen Assitance and a guy has wrote that when he had to use it once, he contacted them and was told someone would be out shortly. 20 minutes later, an AA man arrived to fix his problem, makes you think.

Chris
06-04-2006, 11:44
Yeah, it is sort of tied in with the warranty and is free for the first year.

However, they have dated it from when the car was new and not from when I purchased the car. I did ring Volkswagen up last month because I had not received the card, and was told that it would expire in december 2006.

However, i got the card this morning and it says it expires on May 2006.

I am going to ring again and sort it out, otherwise it looks like going back to the AA or Green flag if they are still going.

Funny thing is, while I was googling to see if I could find their prices, I found a report on the Volkswagen Assitance and a guy has wrote that when he had to use it once, he contacted them and was told someone would be out shortly. 20 minutes later, an AA man arrived to fix his problem, makes you think.

Yes, they will not run their own fleet of very nice men, it will simply be contracted out. Apparently Volkswagen use the AA.

Green Flag is 'underwritten' by Direct Line - I thought Direct Line actually owned them and at one point talked about rebranding the whole fleet as Direct Line, but it seems you can still buy direct from Green Flag.

Shop around before you choose though.

j52c
06-04-2006, 11:56
Thanks, I will shop around.

Only thing I have found out so far is that in 2002 the cost was £75 for 1 year and cheaper if you did it for 2 years.

gazzae
06-04-2006, 14:36

I have Renault Assistance with my car, they use the AA as well.

MrBen
06-04-2006, 15:23
I renewed my Volkswagen Assistance as it worked out cheaper than AA / RAC etc. I'll try and find the price when I get a moment.

VA do have their own techs, I often see them driving round in silver VW Transporters and Passat estates.

The advantage of The AA is you have a choice of personal or car cover (no price difference). Personal cover means you can call them whichever car you happen to be in while car cover means anyone driving the specific car can call them out.

Ben

j52c
06-04-2006, 16:07
I renewed my Volkswagen Assistance as it worked out cheaper than AA / RAC etc. I'll try and find the price when I get a moment.

VA do have their own techs, I often see them driving round in silver VW Transporters and Passat estates.

The advantage of The AA is you have a choice of personal or car cover (no price difference). Personal cover means you can call them whichever car you happen to be in while car cover means anyone driving the specific car can call them out.

Ben

Thanks, would appreciate that.

I also have a j reg. Citreon BX19 I have had from new, but I only use it local so not bothered about any AA cover for that.
It's just the VW cover for the wifes car.

MrBen
06-04-2006, 20:00
Typical! The price wasn't in the VA customer assistance handbook. I went through all my old credit card statements instead and it sems I renewed my cover on 11 March 2005 for 2 years, at a cost of £125. I have a feeling that 1 years cover was something like £75 which is why I went for 2.

Hope that helps,
Ben

j52c
06-04-2006, 20:13
Typical! The price wasn't in the VA customer assistance handbook. I went through all my old credit card statements instead and it sems I renewed my cover on 11 March 2005 for 2 years, at a cost of £125. I have a feeling that 1 years cover was something like £75 which is why I went for 2.

Hope that helps,
Ben

Thanks for that.
I would imagine it has gone up a little since, but the 2 year option does look the better.
Thanks again