PDA

View Full Version : BR's Nature shoot - No guns were allowed!

TheBlueRaja
04-04-2006, 20:49
Bagged this little swine today - this was about 2 seconds before - well - aint he cute... :D

Anybody else got any wildlifey type photos they took of animals prior to them, eh, got what was, no, whilst they were still alive. :erm:

We dont want no roadkill here now do we. ;)

Well, it was a good photo and i had to think of a reason to start a damn thread now didnt i.

jellybaby
04-04-2006, 20:51
Cracking piccy :)

homealone
04-04-2006, 20:53
All I have is my avatar, taken off the coast of Alaska ;)

TheBlueRaja
04-04-2006, 20:54
All I have is my avatar, taken off the cost of Alaska ;)

Beats the Kelvin... :D

homealone
04-04-2006, 20:56
All I have is my avatar, taken off the cost of Alaska ;)

Beats the Kelvin... :D

aliferste might not agree ;)

- be interesting trying to catch a hump back with a fly rod ;) :D

basa
05-04-2006, 14:00
..........- be interesting trying to catch a hump back with a fly rod ;) :D

What would a humpback be doing with a fly rod ?????

They just open their mouths and collect whatever's about !

homealone
05-04-2006, 14:13
..........- be interesting trying to catch a hump back with a fly rod ;) :D

What would a humpback be doing with a fly rod ?????

They just open their mouths and collect whatever's about !

ok, here goes - it was a little obscure ;)

- TBR asked for wildlife piccies & my avatar is a piccy of a humpback I took while on holiday in Alaska. TBR pointed out that Alaska is better than the Kelvin - i.e. the River Kelvin in Scotland. Now another cf member, aliferste, maintains a blog describing his experiences fly fishing on that very river - hence the connection, tenuous, I know, and as with most similar 'jokes' isn't improved by being explained ;) :dozey:

TheBlueRaja
05-04-2006, 14:52

- TBR asked for wildlife piccies & my avatar is a piccy of a humpback I took while on holiday in Alaska. TBR pointed out that Alaska is better than the Kelvin - i.e. the River Kelvin in Scotland. Now another cf member, aliferste, maintains a blog describing his experiences fly fishing on that very river - hence the connection, tenuous, I know, and as with most similar 'jokes' isn't improved by being explained ;) :dozey:

Have no fear homealone I got it - i've looked at his site a couple of times. :tu:

ssdd
06-04-2006, 13:32
Not got any good photo's myself but my brother is a keen photographer and he took this

basa
06-04-2006, 13:42

My interject was a :jk: :p: albeit a lame one :dozey:

Never been to Alaska myself, but from pics of it it looks outstanding :)

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Not got any good photo's myself but my brother is a keen photographer and he took this

Stunning !!!

homealone
06-04-2006, 13:51
My interject was a :jk: :p: albeit a lame one :dozey:

Never been to Alaska myself, but from pics of it it looks outstanding :)

s'ok, I guessed as much, but thought i'd explain, anyway. :)

Alaska was absolutely outstanding - here is a link to the original piccy my avatar came from

http://www.flickr.com/photos/homealone/8229166/

gorgeous eh?

there are some more there, if you can be bothered to ignore the pictures of my bathroom being fitted....

Tuftus
07-04-2006, 01:08
Hows that?

TheBlueRaja
07-04-2006, 12:17
Hows that?

Good one - as is yours ssdd, although i suspect that Eagle wasnt quite "in the wild" :D

ssdd
07-04-2006, 13:37
Good one - as is yours ssdd, although i suspect that Eagle wasnt quite "in the wild" :D Correct, it was taken at Dryburgh Falconry