PDA

View Full Version : Too early for shorts?

BigDave1
04-04-2006, 15:52
Would you say in the South of England it is too early for shorts?

Nugget
04-04-2006, 15:52

Depends on whether you're going to stay on them all night ;)

Halcyon
04-04-2006, 15:56
Yeah I'd say it's a little too early.....unless you like live on the beach or something.
Suddently everyone seems to think we are entering summer. But we are only in Spring !!!
I dont think about summer till atleast June.

Angua
04-04-2006, 15:56
It hasn't got cold enough for a local postman to wear long trousers yet this year. :erm:

Chris
04-04-2006, 16:00
It was snowing here yesterday and this morning there was a hard frost. But I don't live in the southeast ...

homealone
04-04-2006, 16:02
Well we just had to go out for a fire drill - the breeze off the River Humber just 200 yards away was distinctly chilly & we were all very glad we had grabbed a coat on the way outside ....

- don't cast a clout till the may is out (i.e. when hawthorn trees are in blossom)

Maggy
04-04-2006, 16:43
Well the local scoutmaster is wearing his..but he wears them all year round no matter what.

What gets me is that having worn them all summer there are the lone diehards still wearing them in late November,early December in all weathers and at all times of the day.You won't catch me wearing them at 6 am on a cold December morning.

Nugget
04-04-2006, 17:11
Well, I tend to go out for a fag without a coat whatever the weather ('cos our front door's sheltered from the elements). Having said that, even I was a wee bit nippy last night, with my cut off trousers and sleeveless top.

Chapel hatpegs, I can tell you :shocked:

Chris W
04-04-2006, 18:21
Nice an warm down here... but my girly went upto Alton Towers today, prepared for nice sunny weather and half way through the day she said there were a few flakes of snow :erm:

North eh?! :rolleyes: :p:

homealone
04-04-2006, 18:28
Nice an warm down here... but my girly went upto Alton Towers today, prepared for nice sunny weather and half way through the day she said there were a few flakes of snow :erm:

North eh?! :rolleyes: :p:

Mrs Gaz went walking/camping to Whitby for the last couple of days - they came home earlier than planned due to it not being nice walking in snow showers. ;)

Shaun
04-04-2006, 18:46
with my cut off trousers and sleeveless top.

Chapel hatpegs, I can tell you :shocked:

Suit you sir!!! :p:

budwieser
04-04-2006, 18:54

Never too Early for shorts! Make mine a Double! :beer: :drunk: :LOL:

Tuftus
04-04-2006, 19:30
I quite often wear shorts all year round....

Inside after taking a bath!

Halcyon
04-04-2006, 19:34
Woke up this morning to sunshine. Then this afternoon, left Tesco and crossed the carpark with snowflakes falling.
April is a weird month for weather !

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-04-2006, 19:37
ermmm dont you wear shorts because its too hot to wear long trousers? or are you a fashion victim ;)

Chris W
04-04-2006, 19:39
shorts = less ironing ;)

MadGamer
04-04-2006, 19:49
shorts = less ironing ;) Yep lol

Theodoric
04-04-2006, 20:34
Definitely not this week for shorts. The night-time temperature has starting dropping towards zero again.

I want to do a spot of outdoor painting. Last week the temperature was high enough, but there was a threat of showers all the time. Now that the showers seem to have gone, it's a bit too cold for painting.

Matthew
04-04-2006, 21:50
I have been out and about the office today and have been cold even though I had a jumper and my jacket on. Coming home tonight the gritters were out and about and snow has been talked about.

We will see in the morning what it wants to do unless it snows later on tonight.

DaggaDagga
04-04-2006, 22:03
It was hailing here near the south coast on Sunday. My shorts won't be out for a good while yet, and I'm a hard-as-nails northerner.

greencreeper
04-04-2006, 22:28
Terrible images in my head now :disturbd: Men over 21 should not wear shorts :no: It's a crime falling somewhere between the wearing of tight joggers and the wearing of lycra.

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-04-2006, 22:32
Terrible images in my head now :disturbd: Men over 21 should not wear shorts :no: It's a crime falling somewhere between the wearing of tight joggers and the wearing of lycra.

did you really say that ;)

danielf
05-04-2006, 00:14

Exactly. Shorts can be worn (by men)

1. Indoors
2. In the garden (but only if temperatures exceed 30 Celcius, and whilst engaged in BBQ-related activities)
3. Whilst engaging in sports. No minimum temperatures apply here. In fact, extra points can be gained for wearing shorts at sub-zero temperatures.

Otherwise, shorts for men should be prohibited...:disturbd:

Nugget
05-04-2006, 08:33
Suit you sir!!! :p:

Well, everything else I own does appear to be covered in baby sick at the moment ;) :D

Angua
05-04-2006, 08:47
Exactly. Shorts can be worn (by men)

1. Indoors
2. In the garden (but only if temperatures exceed 30 Celcius, and whilst engaged in BBQ-related activities)
3. Whilst engaging in sports. No minimum temperatures apply here. In fact, extra points can be gained for wearing shorts at sub-zero temperatures.

Otherwise, shorts for men should be prohibited...:disturbd:

And unless you know you have decent ankles please please please do not wear those awful "cropped" trousers. Most of the people I have seen wearing them look like they are trying to be trendy and have missed the plot completely.:Yikes:

Nugget
05-04-2006, 08:54

:Yikes:

How the hell do you wear a jogger - surely the trainers would rub ;)

You sick, sick puppy :disturbd:

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

And unless you know you have decent ankles please please please do not wear those awful "cropped" trousers. Most of the people I have seen wearing them look like they are trying to be trendy and have missed the plot completely.:Yikes:

I don't wear them to be trendy - I've just accepted that all of my trousers look cropped anyway :D

Angua
05-04-2006, 09:01
I don't wear them to be trendy - I've just accepted that all of my trousers look cropped anyway :D

Put some jam on your shoes

Or wear luminous white socks and pretend to be MJ in the Thriller video :Yikes:

homealone
05-04-2006, 09:50
Well just looking out of the office window at a blue sparkly River Humber, without a cloud in the sky, it looks absolutely fantastic - shame it is barely above freezing ;)

- I don't think I even possess a pair of shorts, so GC needn't worry about any inappropriate behaviour, at my age :D

Nugget
05-04-2006, 09:53
- I don't think I even possess a pair of shorts, so GC needn't worry about any inappropriate behaviour, at my age :D

In fairness, you do own shorts - it's just that they look like trousers on you :PP:

Chris
05-04-2006, 09:56
Mrs Gaz went walking/camping to Whitby for the last couple of days - they came home earlier than planned due to it not being nice walking in snow showers. ;)

She should have come out walking with me last week then - Ben Vorlich, in the Trossachs, in a driving gale and occasional heavy snow flurries. Great fun. :D

homealone
05-04-2006, 10:08

In fairness, you do own shorts - it's just that they look like trousers on you :PP:

you can't get boxers with turn-ups, it isn't my fault :D

She should have come out walking with me last week then - Ben Vorlich, in the Trossachs, in a driving gale and occasional heavy snow flurries. Great fun. :D

sounds good - I think they wimped out, really, although a fitful nights sleep in a wind lashed tent pitched on boggy ground probably wasn't the best preparation - glad I was snug in a proper bed, at home :angel:

Theodoric
05-04-2006, 19:09
Presumably, the ultimate elderly male sin is to wear shorts and sandals with socks. I've never understood what is wrong with the latter, but my daughter-in-law insists that it is a heinous fashion offence.

greencreeper
06-04-2006, 00:09
Presumably, the ultimate elderly male sin is to wear shorts and sandals with socks. I've never understood what is wrong with the latter, but my daughter-in-law insists that it is a heinous fashion offence.
A man in sandals and socks is just weird. I just couldn't trust a bloke in them. Sandals alone warrant suspicion.

Russ
06-04-2006, 00:11
Men over 21 should not wear shorts

I wear shorts to and from the gym - is that allowed?

greencreeper
06-04-2006, 00:12
I wear shorts to and from the gym - is that allowed?
Hmmm. Depends on your legs, really, but I suppose so :D

Russ
06-04-2006, 00:14
Ah that's ok then - my legs are great :)

Pia
06-04-2006, 00:56
Ah that's ok then - my legs are great :)
Says who?! :erm: :erm: :p:

Fingy
06-04-2006, 05:14
Says him... bet they are "just lovely" ;)

Russ
06-04-2006, 08:52
Yes, Fingy's got it right.

Nugget
06-04-2006, 08:55
Yes, Fingy's got it right.

Which is odd, 'cos he's definitely old enough to know better :p:

Russ
06-04-2006, 09:00
Which is odd, 'cos he's definitely old enough to know better :p:

And I'd have thought Nuggles would be old enough to know better than to mistake Fingy for a man - she ain't gonna be happy with that ;)

Nugget
06-04-2006, 09:14
And I'd have thought Nuggles would be old enough to know better than to mistake Fingy for a man - she ain't gonna be happy with that ;)

:erm: *eep*

Oh well - she's obviously mad, and I'm obviously blind :disturbd:

Chris
06-04-2006, 10:50
sounds good - I think they wimped out, really, although a fitful nights sleep in a wind lashed tent pitched on boggy ground probably wasn't the best preparation - glad I was snug in a proper bed, at home :angel:
They would have been forgiven for wimping out up here - we did:

http://homepage.mac.com/towny/benvorlich/turnaround.jpg

homealone
06-04-2006, 10:59
They would have been forgiving for wimping out up here - we did:

looks fantastic - I know from our trips to Aviemore how much the temperature can dip once you start climbing, even in summer, so it must have been quite chilly ;)

Chris
06-04-2006, 11:01
looks fantastic - I know from our trips to Aviemore how much the temperature can dip once you start climbing, even in summer, so it must have been quite chilly ;)

The wind blasting on our faces was quite painful by the time we turned around (main picture - you can see the snow being blown up in clouds on the edge of the ridge) but we were otherwise OK because we were properly dressed for it and the climb was quite tough so we were generating plenty of heat.

It was actually worse lower down, when we stopped for half an hour for some lunch. We got a bit chilly then!

Definitely not shorts weather.