PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Parking Spaces & NTL

Gareth56
02-04-2006, 00:22
Sorry I posted this in the wrong place, I should have posted it here. :dunce:

On a recent visit to my local Sainsburys I was shocked and disgusted (but not surprised) to see an NTL van parked in a disabled parking bay. Notwithstanding the fact that NTL treat their customers with total contempt, have they now started to treat disabled people trying to find parking spaces at supermarkets in a similar fashion? :mad:

I would dearly like to contact some senior person within the NTL organization regarding this deplorable act of selfishness but as per usual the senior managers hide behind their office doors when it comes to dealing with their customers and I don't know who to contact. I cannot see any point in telephoning CS because nothing will be done. :td:

Gareth

driver_problems
02-04-2006, 00:28
On a recent visit to my local Sainsburys I was shocked and disgusted (but not surprised) to see an NTL van parked in a disabled parking bay.
maybe they were doing it as a sort of satirical act of empathising with their own equipment :dozey:

bopdude
02-04-2006, 00:32

On a recent visit to my local Sainsburys I was shocked and disgusted (but not surprised) to see an NTL van parked in a disabled parking bay. Notwithstanding the fact that NTL treat their customers with total contempt, have they now started to treat disabled people trying to find parking spaces at supermarkets in a similar fashion? :mad:

I would dearly like to contact some senior person within the NTL organization regarding this deplorable act of selfishness but as per usual the senior managers hide behind their office doors when it comes to dealing with their customers and I don't know who to contact. I cannot see any point in telephoning CS because nothing will be done. :td:

Gareth
:erm: last time I knew NTL was a company and not an individual, to blame NTL for this one drivers inconsideration is IMHO crazy on your part, you should have just got the store to impliment there policy of fining / clamping or whatever :shrug:

If you have a problem with NTL take it up with them, via their various means of comunnication but don't post missleading threads with titles to suit, that is just you going off on one IMO.

Oh, and :welcome: to CF :rolleyes: :D

Stuart
02-04-2006, 01:20

Gareth
Do NTL vans have a "How's my driving" number on the side? If they do, did you phone that?

If you didn't (or they don't have that number on the side), then NTL will still need the Van's registration number before they do anything.

Either way, the actions of one driver have nothing to do with NTL's customer service.

:welcome: to CableForum, BTW

carlingman
02-04-2006, 01:31
Could it be possible the NTL person driving the van may actually be disabled. :confused:

Bill C
02-04-2006, 09:54
Could it be possible the NTL person driving the van may actually be disabled. :confused:
:tu:

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Gareth
So why did you do it anyway

Gareth

If you dont know who to contact how do you know they are hiding behind there doors. If you have google you can soon find the details you need from there.

Personally i think this is just a rant because you dont like NTL ?.

Gareth56
02-04-2006, 11:23
Hit a nerve me thinks. ;)

For interest the ntl van was not displaying a disabled blue badge.

Thanks for the "helpful" replies.

BTW bopdude if you are driving a company van then you are a representive of the company and therefore an ambassador for them. By behaving in a disgraceful manner as this employee did you are bring the company you work for into disrepute...OK :)

Gareth

bopdude
02-04-2006, 12:47

BTW bopdude if you are driving a company van then you are a representive of the company and therefore an ambassador for them. By behaving in a disgraceful manner as this employee did you are bring the company you work for into disrepute...OK :)

Gareth
The only nerve you hit was that of misleading threads IMO.

As for the "thanks for the helpful replies" remark, I didn't see any request for help, just a rant, could just the way I read it.

And whilst driving a company vehicle you have the logo on the van, I still can't see any logic in blaming the company for the individual.

OK

Stuart
02-04-2006, 14:09

Gareth

Exactly. The van drivers (and all NTL employees) *do* represent the company. Which is why I asked if you had taken a note of the van's registration and reported it. NTL cannot do anything if they don't know the number. Otherwise, what would you expect them to do? Punish every single van driver that was in the area? Punish every single van driver they have (just in case the one that blocked the disabled space wasn't in the area he was supposed to be in).

No need to put the helpful in quotes. I said exactly what you should have done.

hairy_mick
02-04-2006, 14:26
I drive a ntl van and my wife is disabled its not right to park in these spaces i agree but you would be supprised at how many ordinary folk do.

Paul
02-04-2006, 15:17
have they now started to treat disabled people trying to find parking spaces at supermarkets in a similar fashion? Were all the other spaces full then ? Did they have a lot of equipment that needed taking inside ? Did you ask the store manager - as he may have said "park it there mate". That used to happen years ago when I worked for BT.

Simple fact is you don't really have any facts about this at all, just assumptions. :)

Gareth56
02-04-2006, 17:17
The fact of the matter is he parked in a disabled parking space which is reserved for disabled shoppers NOT thoughtless, selfish ntl employees. And yes there were other empty parking spaces but as is the case with these selfish people they couldn't be bothered to walk those extra few meters so they take the space reserved for a disabled person.

Again thanks for the "helpful" replies and "suggestions". :)

By the way Stuart C, who do you report thoughtless, selfish ntl van drivers to?

And bopdude..please re-read my original post and I think you will notice my request, and as for fining and clamping...get real ;)

Gareth

Paul
02-04-2006, 17:26
The fact of the matter is he parked in a disabled parking space which is reserved for disabled shoppers NOT thoughtless, selfish ntl employees.Like I said - you have no evidence of this at all, just an apparent dislike of ntl drivers. ;)

driver_problems
02-04-2006, 17:53
The fact of the matter is he parked in a disabled parking space which is reserved for disabled shoppers NOT thoughtless, selfish ntl employees. And yes there were other empty parking spaces but as is the case with these selfish people they couldn't be bothered to walk those extra few meters so they take the space reserved for a disabled person.

Again thanks for the "helpful" replies and "suggestions". :)

By the way Stuart C, who do you report thoughtless, selfish ntl van drivers to?

And bopdude..please re-read my original post and I think you will notice my request, and as for fining and clamping...get real ;)

Gareth

i think the whole think is just ridiculous nit picking. If it was that bad you should have got his licence plate and told the old bill

Cerberus
02-04-2006, 18:02
I would love to see your reaction if you ever got a ticket off a traffic warden or a pull off the police. :confused:

Let's all go to war with NTL because 1 of their many employees has parked in a disabled spot. You seriously need to get a life mate!

I think it is you that needs to get real.

(Flame over):D

Hom3r
02-04-2006, 18:04
I've seen people park in Disabled bays and both driver & passenger almost run from the car, (if thats the case why didn't they park in a normal bay.

I've also seen them (mostly OAPs) park in a parent & child bay, I on Wednesday managed to park in a P&C bay for the first time in 2 years.

We have a car park in our town which has ASDA, TKMax & Matalan with over 30 bays for disabled drivers (I've never seen tham all used even on the busiest shopping days) and there are no bays for P&C.

driver_problems
02-04-2006, 18:51
I would love to see your reaction if you ever got a ticket off a traffic warden or a pull off the police.
oooh matron! :Yikes:

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

I've seen people park in Disabled bays and both driver & passenger almost run from the car, (if thats the case why didn't they park in a normal bay.

I've also seen them (mostly OAPs) park in a parent & child bay, I on Wednesday managed to park in a P&C bay for the first time in 2 years.

We have a car park in our town which has ASDA, TKMax & Matalan with over 30 bays for disabled drivers (I've never seen tham all used even on the busiest shopping days) and there are no bays for P&C.
I would not, myself ,clog up a disabled bay on principle but I disregard the parent and child bays - who cares if they've got a kid? walk the small distance to the store like the rest of us

Gareth56
02-04-2006, 18:55
Like I said - you have no evidence of this at all, just an apparent dislike of ntl drivers. ;)

I saw him...OK. :)
He was parked in a space reserved for disabled drives, ergo what a selfish SOB. It is irrelevant who the selfish person worked for it could have been BT or the anyone it just so happened that it was NTL and with their current staus of CS at rock bottom it didn't surprise me that this sort of thing went on.

I have no doubt that NTL are very happy that it has your [misplaced] support for this type of behaviour but in decent civilized society this behaviour should not be accepted, but clearly it is here.

Gareth

Paul
02-04-2006, 18:56
I would not, myself ,clog up a disabled bay on principle but I disregard the parent and child bays - who cares if they've got a kid? walk the small distance to the store like the rest of usNot all kids can walk - the main purpose of P&C bays is for families with pushchairs. :)

Cerberus
02-04-2006, 18:57
My post wasn't aimed at you driver_problems. It was aimed at gareth56 and the waste of bandwidth he has created by starting this lame thread!

@Gareth56:

Just because NTL have a poor CS record does that justify you reporting this driver for using a disabled parking space? Will this give you any kind of satisfaction or is it just for the sake of being petty?

Marge
02-04-2006, 18:59
It is irrelevant who the selfish person worked for it could have been BT or the anyone it just so happened that it was NTL and with their current staus of CS at rock bottom it didn't surprise me that this sort of thing went on.

Gareth

Well, having been to Asda this afternoon and seen all sorts of people parked in spaces they shouldn't have been, should I next time get all the registrations and pass them onto you to report them to their relevant employers or is it just ntl you have taken exception to ????

thelem
02-04-2006, 19:00
it didn't surprise me that this sort of thing went on.

ntl as a company have no way of knowing that this happened, and therefore no way of stopping it, unless they are informed when it happened.

Do you have details of the van? If so, report it to ntl and the employee will probably get disciplined. If not, then you haven't done your part, so stop moaning on here and report it next time you see something like this.

etccarmageddon
02-04-2006, 19:08
it's not a police matter - it's the supermarket's job to sort out under the disability act.

driver_problems
02-04-2006, 19:13
My post wasn't aimed at you driver_problems. It was aimed at gareth56 and the waste of bandwidth he has created by starting this lame thread!

@Gareth56:

Just because NTL have a poor CS record does that justify you reporting this driver for using a disabled parking space? Will this give you any kind of satisfaction or is it just for the sake of being petty?
point taken. I don't think an organisation should be branded by one guy in a van :)

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Not all kids can walk - the main purpose of P&C bays is for families with pushchairs. :)
yeah - but so what? - they can wheel them a bit further and get the fresh air - or better still take the hamburgers (and fags from the parents) from their hands and make the b*ggers walk - most of 'em are on the dole round here and the rest of us have to work

Paul
02-04-2006, 19:27
I saw him...OK. :)
He was parked in a space reserved for disabled drives, ergo what a selfish SOB. It is irrelevant who the selfish person worked for it could have been BT or the anyone it just so happened that it was NTL and with their current staus of CS at rock bottom it didn't surprise me that this sort of thing went on.

I have no doubt that NTL are very happy that it has your [misplaced] support for this type of behaviour but in decent civilized society this behaviour should not be accepted, but clearly it is here.

Gareth
Well I thought for a minute you had finally got the point. Sadly you soon went off on your rant again - what on earth has ntl Customer Services got to do with where a driver parks :confused:

Where did anyone say they supported parking in disabled bays ? I certainly didn't - had that been the focus of your posts rather than ntl then this would have been a very different thread. :) BTW, I don't know about your area, but many of the drivers of ntl vans around here actually work for Kelly Services ;)

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

yeah - but so what? - they can wheel them a bit further and get the fresh air - or better still take the hamburgers (and fags from the parents) from their hands and make the b*ggers walk - most of 'em are on the dole round here and the rest of us have to workIt has nothing to do with the distance (many P&C bays round here are not actually that close) - they are extra wide to give parents more space for the prams etc.

Bill C
02-04-2006, 19:38
I honestly think this has nothing to do with the parking space but is an excuse for a good rant about NTL. Soon as you started your rant about customer service i went into "here we go again mode".

Why dont you save us all some time and admit its all about NTL customer service ?

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

they are extra wide to give parents more space for the prams etc.

And room for the odd 4x4 :LOL:

driver_problems
02-04-2006, 19:39
And room for the odd 4x4 :LOL:

aye ;) :tu:

Gareth56
02-04-2006, 21:14
ntl as a company have no way of knowing that this happened, and therefore no way of stopping it, unless they are informed when it happened.

Do you have details of the van? If so, report it to ntl and the employee will probably get disciplined. If not, then you haven't done your part, so stop moaning on here and report it next time you see something like this.

So who within the ntl organization do I report this inconsiderate ntl employee to? The only telephone number I have is CS and we all know how useless they are. So if you know of anyone else whom I could contact that would actually be proactive (unlike CS) then I would dearly like to know so I could do my bit to stop this act of selfishness happening again.

Marge
02-04-2006, 21:43
So who within the ntl organization do I report this inconsiderate ntl employee to? The only telephone number I have is CS and we all know how useless they are. So if you know of anyone else whom I could contact that would actually be proactive (unlike CS) then I would dearly like to know so I could do my bit to stop this act of selfishness happening again.

I find that your attitude towards ntl staff stinks, I wonder if you'd get so over-excited if it was Joe Bloggs who'd parked his van there. Please go and find a life next time you're shopping or take a pad and pen and jot down every inconsiderate parker and dob them all in to their employer, somehow I don't think you will. Just seems like an excuse to have a go at ntl staff and how useless they are (in your opinion)

Graham M
02-04-2006, 21:54
So how will you stop this "selfishness" from ever happening again? Will they fire everyone that gets reported as parking at a slight angle? Will they move them to office work? Meh... its not worth it.

Kliro
02-04-2006, 22:08

I've never had any problems with them - maybe they treat as they are treated?

Gareth56
02-04-2006, 22:16
[quote=Marge]I find that your attitude towards ntl staff stinks.

Can I suggest you and you fellow deluded ntl-ophiles get an extra strong air freshener then. :)

Bandwidth!!!!! oh dear how sad is that.

Graham M
02-04-2006, 22:23
I think you might want to think before posting in an open forum with multiple NTL employees, I think the Mods would be more than happy to pass them your IP :)

Bill C
02-04-2006, 22:31
So who within the ntl organization do I report this inconsiderate ntl employee to? The only telephone number I have is CS and we all know how useless they are. So if you know of anyone else whom I could contact that would actually be proactive (unlike CS) then I would dearly like to know so I could do my bit to stop this act of selfishness happening again. Can i suggest Sir that you go and hide back under the bridge you came out from. You know the one where trolls live.

Its plainly obvious now, That all you want is to wind up the NTL staff who help out on this forum in there own time. The last thing this site needs is a obnoxious NTL hating troll.

Go back under your bridge.

marky
02-04-2006, 22:45
So Did an NTL van park in a disabled space, or have i lost the plot of this thread :shrug:

Chris W
02-04-2006, 22:58
enough! calm down people. i'm very close to closing this thread, but all that is needed now is for someone to give gareth56 a number to report this to ntl. No other discussion, commenting, insults, petty arguing or anything else will take place in this thread.

LSainsbury
03-04-2006, 08:36
Did you check to see if the van had an Orange badge?

The only number I can think of is NTL offices in Hook, Hampshire.

A quick Google to Yell:

ntl

NTL House, 10, Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP
Tel: 0800 1832222

...and speak to HR department?

Or you could try 0800 DILLIGAF? :Yikes:

Sorry Chris, all Mods! - But come on - I did try to help! :angel:

Bill C
03-04-2006, 08:57

I want one of those :tu:

Gareth56
03-04-2006, 09:56
I think you might want to think before posting in an open forum with multiple NTL employees, I think the Mods would be more than happy to pass them your IP :)

Resorting to threats now..tut tut Zeph.

Graham M
03-04-2006, 09:58
Nope Im not threatening anyone. I just think to generalise NTL employees is very wrong.

Gareth56
03-04-2006, 10:02
Did you check to see if the van had an Orange badge?

The only number I can think of is NTL offices in Hook, Hampshire.

A quick Google to Yell:

ntl

NTL House, 10, Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP
Tel: 0800 1832222

...and speak to HR department?

Sorry Chris, all Mods! - But come on - I did try to help! :angel:

Actually it's a Blue badge...and no he did not have one displayed on his van.

[Admin Edit(Mick):-Offensive Comments Removed]

Graham M
03-04-2006, 10:07
Youre calling us single cell brained and you couldn't find that number yourself. *laugh*

Good luck with your one man mission against NTL's moralities

Derek
03-04-2006, 10:09
Its also quite possible the van was being driven by a contractor instead of an actual Ntl employee.

Gareth56
03-04-2006, 10:11
enough! calm down people. i'm very close to closing this thread, but all that is needed now is for someone to give gareth56 a number to report this to ntl. No other discussion, commenting, insults, petty arguing or anything else will take place in this thread.

Please be my guest and close it down. The experience has been very enlightening and interesting ranging from insults (water off a ducks back BTW) to being threatened by Zeph. So thank you ntl people for confirming what I thought was the case when it comes to CS.

Or as ntl would say "thank you for bringing this matter to our attention" :D

orangebird
03-04-2006, 10:18
Please be my guest and close it down. The experience has been very enlightening and interesting ranging from insults (water off a ducks back BTW) to being threatened by Zeph. So thank you ntl people for confirming what I thought was the case when it comes to CS.

Or as ntl would say "thank you for bringing this matter to our attention" :D

It'll probably be a contractor rather than an ntl employee that was driving the van, so you crusade to get someone sacked might not come off. I suggest you go back to pulling spiders legs off or whatever someone as sad as yourself does for fun.

Derek
03-04-2006, 10:25
So thank you ntl people for confirming what I thought was the case when it comes to CS.

I *very* much doubt anyone who currently works for Ntl Customer Services has posted in this thread.

Mick
03-04-2006, 10:31
Oh dear is this another one of those unconstructive rant threads that turns into nothing but insults? Sorry not going to happen!!!

This thread is now closed.

Gareth56 PM on its way shortly.