PDA

View Full Version : New Telewest remote on ntl?

Foo Fighter
25-11-2003, 23:27
Since these seem much cheaper than ntl who want £25 for one :afire:
will they work on ex C&W boxes?

There on ebay for £5.99 and £1.75 P&P, i think its a good price to pay instead of carrying 2 remotes around with me

bigitup_j
26-11-2003, 18:04
yes. but the telewest or home button won't work! so it will cause a few problems.

Tristan
26-11-2003, 21:04
As bigitup as said, it will work, except for the 'home' button. The bad news is that that remote has no TV Guide, Interactive or TV On Demand buttons -- the home button replaces all these in the Telewest software. Also, don't go thinking that the silver remote gives you full TV control. It doesn't. All it can do is adjust or mute the volume -- for everything else you need your regular TV remote.

It's probably better if you wait until the new NTL remote is finally launched in ex-CWC areas. It shouldn't be too long after that that they start turning up on eBay...

Mike Harrison
27-11-2003, 00:14
..and more importantly, it has no page-up/down buttons.
The New NTL ones are much better - they do more than basic TV controls for many TV models. I have seen one on Ebay a little while ago Not sure if you can officially buy them from NTL.

ntltech32
02-12-2003, 11:15
The new ntl:home ones "sharkfin" with tv features can be purchased from ntl for arround £25, or they are about £10 from ebay..
All the new remote features is new layout of buttons and the abilty to have basic functions to control your TV set.

ntl tech 32