PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a free extra STB install?

stealthhosts
25-11-2003, 19:47
Are you planning on adding an extra set-top box any time soon to your subscription??

I have decided to let y'all into a little secret I discovered the other day (and have waited to get mine done before I posted it to make sure I was right)........10 steps to free install of a set-top box.

I have telephoned support and sales (without telling them where I found it) and they both confirm that there are currently no special offers on installation of set top boxes for existing customers (only installs for new customers).

So long as you are quick enough to order it before they patch it, they are under a legal obligation to honour the sale at the prices stated.

step by step :

1) click this link http://sales.ntl.com/newdesign/newindex.jsp?new=Y&cust=ntlhome_tvfamilypremium

2) enter your postcode

3) select your address and click continue

4) where it says "are you already an ntl customer" select yes and click continue

5) select what services you already have

6) tick the "television" box and select "continue shopping" (you must already have a tv package)

7) bottom right-hand corner, select how many STB's you want

8) you will see :
Install charge £50.00 one time
Installation Discount -£50.00 one time
Total installation £0.00 one time

9) confirm your details (account number etc)

10) Hocus pocus - free set-top box install

I hope this helps a few people

This is the 5th such exploit / error discovered this week...... more coming soon ;)

downquark1
25-11-2003, 19:50
Hmmm :dozey: this is either:

An NTL blunder
Or one of KA's lies

Both are likely possibilites:D

stealthhosts
25-11-2003, 19:51
Hmmm :dozey: this is either:

An NTL blunder
Or one of KA's lies

Both are likely possibilites:D

My extra box his sat here, and no installation on my bill. make up your own mind :)

Seb
25-11-2003, 20:17
Are you planning on adding an extra set-top box any time soon to your subscription??

I have decided to let y'all into a little secret I discovered the other day (and have waited to get mine done before I posted it to make sure I was right)........10 steps to free install of a set-top box.

I have telephoned support and sales (without telling them where I found it) and they both confirm that there are currently no special offers on installation of set top boxes for existing customers (only installs for new customers).

So long as you are quick enough to order it before they patch it, they are under a legal obligation to honour the sale at the prices stated.

step by step :

1) click this link http://sales.ntl.com/newdesign/newindex.jsp?new=Y&cust=ntlhome_tvfamilypremium

2) enter your postcode

3) select your address and click continue

4) where it says "are you already an ntl customer" select yes and click continue

5) select what services you already have

6) tick the "television" box and select "continue shopping" (you must already have a tv package)

7) bottom right-hand corner, select how many STB's you want

8) you will see :
Install charge £50.00 one time
Installation Discount -£50.00 one time
Total installation £0.00 one time

9) confirm your details (account number etc)

10) Hocus pocus - free set-top box install

I hope this helps a few people

This is the 5th such exploit / error discovered this week...... more coming soon ;)

This has been discussed (installation cost) in the following thread, and it was suggested that installation is free anyway at the moment.

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4195

stealthhosts
25-11-2003, 20:41
This has been discussed (installation cost) in the following thread, and it was suggested that installation is free anyway at the moment.

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4195

Thanks for that, although sales and customer support both said they were 100% sure that the only installation offer that is on at the moment is for new customers, not existing ones.....

stealthhosts
25-11-2003, 20:47
I have just spoken to a friend who was ringing up to add one to his subscription today and they told him installation was £50 (as they told me on the phone too).

Please note - the thread you referred to is pretty old, and therefore that offer probably ended some time ago.

It just seems that they forgot to tell the webmasters???

lol

Fact is that if you ring up - they charge you

You write - they charge you

You go through the site - they dont

There are no offers on for this situation (according to ntl)

If you want a box anyway - then go for it, if you don't then why worry about it?

Paul
25-11-2003, 21:04
Thanks, but I already have three STB's (or four if you count the sky box), not really in need of a fourth. :D

Seb
25-11-2003, 22:35
I have just spoken to a friend who was ringing up to add one to his subscription today and they told him installation was £50 (as they told me on the phone too).

Please note - the thread you referred to is pretty old, and therefore that offer probably ended some time ago.

It just seems that they forgot to tell the webmasters???

lol

Fact is that if you ring up - they charge you

You write - they charge you

You go through the site - they dont

There are no offers on for this situation (according to ntl)

If you want a box anyway - then go for it, if you don't then why worry about it?

woo woo woo... was only suggesting a thread that is very relevant to this one. Wasn't neccessarily saying you were wrong!

Any way to be honest there was no need to start two new threads, when you could have actually added the post to the end of that link i gave...

stealthhosts
25-11-2003, 22:52
woo woo woo... was only suggesting a thread that is very relevant to this one. Wasn't neccessarily saying you were wrong!

Any way to be honest there was no need to start two new threads, when you could have actually added the post to the end of that link i gave...

I wasn't being defensive, I was just stating that that thread refers to an old offer, I didn't feel it was relevant to what I was attempting to achieve, which was to show people this issue quickly so they may take advantage of it before it stops, I thought that posting it in an old thread that was someone asking a question and people answering it was not the right place to do it, and that a new thread would be the best way of doing it.

I take note of what you said and will bear it in mind in the future, though as I say the threads are on different topics (mine being about the ntl website) as opposed to the ACTUAL cost of installation, therefore there was "a need" to start a new thread and whether or not you think it was needed is beside the point, it was my decision to make.

Anywayz..... better things to do, feel free to flame in my absence :)

blue jammer
09-02-2004, 09:45
hmmm I tried the link, and sure enough it comes up with discount, i'm not convinced it'll work, as it asked for all my account info for my bank, and what type of driveway I have for the front of the house, I don't think it was aware I am an existing customer, still if it works, it'll be ace, as that £50 is shocking, especially when you've had 3 boxes, dropped down to 2, and want the third back again (within 6 months) due to fussy housemates....

Dazz285
11-02-2004, 18:34
The link still works but the discount has gone up to £25.

blue jammer
14-02-2004, 05:32
The link still works but the discount has gone up to £25.

Didn't for me, it showed up as

£50 additional STB
-£50 discount
Balance £0

:confused:

Still no e-mail from NTL, I shall chase this up today (by phone), as I screen capped the reference number ;)

They won't get £50 out of me, no way, no how.