PDA

View Full Version : Tarantula or rat?

Mal
29-03-2006, 14:10
Okay, we were discussing stuff which people are scared of and we came up with this question...

Which would you prefer roaming about your house, a rat or a tarantula?

My first choice would be a rat, but thinking about it (health etc), a tarantula.

Salu
29-03-2006, 14:23
Definately a tarantula, rats are filthy rodents that transmit disease (unless captive and tamed etc etc).

Unless you provoke a tarantula then it probably wouldn't bite; assuming it lived long enough to bite you as the British house climate may not sustain the arachnid's life.

Pia
29-03-2006, 22:29
It's gotta be a rat, i'd rather eat my own leg than have a tarantula wandering about:disturbd:

bopdude
29-03-2006, 22:33
After having a spider bite me in Namibia, and the resulting woulnd needing clean dressings twice a day, I'd rather have a rat, easier to see and find, and a lot more meat on the bone ;)

ikthius
29-03-2006, 23:01
the rat any day......

No way to any kind of spiders, especially big hairy ones........

:Sprint:

ik

greencreeper
29-03-2006, 23:08
Depends on whether the tarantula is the sort that flicks hairs that cause permanent blindness or not. Much prefer a nice clean female rat.

Druchii
30-03-2006, 00:18
Rat, sadly enough, hate the buggers but its better than a tarantula it seems.

basa
30-03-2006, 08:33
We used to have a pet rat .. so rats everytime !! :D

bmxbandit
30-03-2006, 09:34
fancy rats are lovely - scrupulously clean, and very intelligent!

this is my(sadly now ex) gf's rat, mavis. um, in a hat...

now who'd prefer a tarantula? :D

bmxbandit
30-03-2006, 16:11
aww, nobody loves rats? :(

Nidge
30-03-2006, 18:04
Talking about rats, today I was walking down this lane towards a builders yard when I saw a kestrel on the floor, I thought it had been shot or something, as I got closer I could see it had a rat in it's claws, the rat was still trying to get away, I stood there and watched this amazing bird till the rat had given up living, the kestrel flew off with the rat in it's claws, a nice meal there for the bird.

bopdude
31-03-2006, 06:50
Talking about rats, today I was walking down this lane towards a builders yard when I saw a kestrel on the floor, I thought it had been shot or something, as I got closer I could see it had a rat in it's claws, the rat was still trying to get away, I stood there and watched this amazing bird till the rat had given up living, the kestrel flew off with the rat in it's claws, a nice meal there for the bird.
Nice to see nature working as it should, just a quick OT line, on the way back from work, at about 2 a.m. the services near Silverstone there was a young deer on the roundabout, nice to see, as I said :tu:

liamboyle06
31-03-2006, 07:28
it'd definately be the rat.
anything more thatn 4 legs are scary and something the size on a tarantula... not a hope.

Tuftus
31-03-2006, 14:12
Well I have just had to deal with a rather large spider in the house, it's got me all itchy now.

I would definately go for the rat (especially if it was wearing a funny hat!)

Millay
31-03-2006, 14:38
It's gotta be a rat, i'd rather eat my own leg than have a tarantula wandering about:disturbd:

My sentiments exactly...

bb31
31-03-2006, 16:10
I always have spiders in my house when it rains, and they are almost the size of a Tarantula - no way would i put up with rats running about:(

jtwn
31-03-2006, 16:16
Rat because then my cat would just eat it no probs :)

Well, would of, its dead now :/

Orior
02-04-2006, 19:13
Big spider is okay by me.

Now if you corner a rat, it will go for you, and it will dig its fangs into your skin and lock its jaws. The only way to get it off is to rip off your skin. They are also smelly and carry disease. I pity the fool who chooses the rat.