PDA

View Full Version : Broadband With No Telephone Line

paul11974
28-03-2006, 14:53
LOOKS INTERESTING HAS ANYONE USED THIS SERVICE YET ?

oooppps sorry for the caps

http://www.mynow.co.uk/index.php

paul11974
29-03-2006, 12:10
nobody has this service i take it then ? ok does anybody like the sound of it ?

Graham M
29-03-2006, 12:38
Ive been somewhere in Nottingham (a small village - Edwinstowe) where something similar was used and it seemed to work fine.

Willc0
31-03-2006, 19:17
Yeah ive seen it in action. The coverage is a very small area tho.
Just Slough, Windsor, East Bracknell, West(est) London etc.

Whats funneh is a large area that is coverd is Tellywest Analoge Platform for slough where there is no Cable Broadband. Just ADSL via BT lines offerd.

Works fine, think its a bit of a cutting edge tho, so pelnty of down time, kept mostly to Sunday Mornings tho :)

Mate as the 512k package (payed the £30 premium for 1month comitment only), Freeview and a PAYG Mobile

Keeps his outgoings well down!
What more does anyone need?

paul11974
01-04-2006, 01:01
if they roll this out nationwide i think they could be on to a winner

Willc0
01-04-2006, 09:04
Will take time tho.

Aparelty they are already talking about extending the speeds past the 1mbs max there is at the moment.

paul11974
01-04-2006, 11:27
Will take time tho.

Aparelty they are already talking about extending the speeds past the 1mbs max there is at the moment.

do you know if they have plans to roll this out nationwide ?

Willc0
01-04-2006, 11:33
Dont know how it works really.... think the long term plan is yes, but the company has been about since 2003ish. 2005 saw the first real push in the Slough area, and now its creaping out.

Where I am in Bracknell wasnt avaiable before I moved. Now it is!

paul11974
01-04-2006, 11:57
i would have thought that they would have enabled london 1st

Willc0
01-04-2006, 12:02
Office is in Uxbridge... working out from there!

ntl customer
02-04-2006, 01:59
Mate as the 512k package (payed the £30 premium for 1month comitment only), Freeview and a PAYG MobileI find any sort of PAYG mobile phone extremely expensive, especially for calling those who aren't on your network. 40ppm is a rip-off for calling someone else on another network. You might as well call some sex-line at that rate. :D :rolleyes:

People keep harping on about how they can do without a landline, but it's only when you get a contract phone will it sort of start to pay off slightly with your free minutes. And even then, it's a bloody minefield with zillions of contracts, deals/packages and pieces of paper with small print.

paul11974
02-04-2006, 12:11
I find any sort of PAYG mobile phone extremely expensive, especially for calling those who aren't on your network. 40ppm is a rip-off for calling someone else on another network. You might as well call some sex-line at that rate. :D :rolleyes:

People keep harping on about how they can do without a landline, but it's only when you get a contract phone will it sort of start to pay off slightly with your free minutes. And even then, it's a bloody minefield with zillions of contracts, deals/packages and pieces of paper with small print.

ok slightly of topic but i use pay as u go virgin mobile and i spend £10 a month max i get calls to other virgin phones @ 5p per minute and free texts to other virgin mobiles and 35 ppm to other networks there is not a deal out there for £10 per month that could save me money or is there ?

back to the topic i realy do like the sound of this broadband deal but i hope they roll it out across london pretty quick