PDA

View Full Version : Sudden... random nosebleeds

LemonyBrainAid
28-03-2006, 10:21
Well lately i've been getting nosebleeds for no apparent reason... It's really weird and all of the times it has been as soon as I wake up...

Apparently it may be caused by stress..but i dont think my life is that stressful!!??

It only bleeds out of one nostril too -:confused:

driver_problems
28-03-2006, 10:34
Well lately i've been getting nosebleeds for no apparent reason... It's really weird and all of the times it has been as soon as I wake up...

Apparently it may be caused by stress..but i dont think my life is that stressful!!??

It only bleeds out of one nostril too -:confused:

probably all ntl's fault :p:

Mr_love_monkey
28-03-2006, 10:38
Do you pick your nose a lot?

LemonyBrainAid
28-03-2006, 10:39
Do you pick your nose a lot?

Err.. no

Mr_love_monkey
28-03-2006, 10:46
Err.. no
It's just you can damage the lining from too much picking....

driver_problems
28-03-2006, 10:47
go to the doctors and get your sinusus checked out - there was this kid when I was in school and he was forever having nosebleeds and that's what it turned out to be

Taf
28-03-2006, 10:48
Use cocaine?

LemonyBrainAid
28-03-2006, 10:54
Use cocaine?Occasionaly - just a couple of lines though :D

Nah - I'll see if I can get a doctors appointment..

Nemesis
28-03-2006, 10:56
Use cocaine?Occasionaly - just a couple of lines though :D

:Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes:: Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Y ikes::Yikes:

You and me gonna have words ......:sniper:

Halcyon
28-03-2006, 10:59
If you have a cold and you blow too hard it can sometimes cause nose bleeds.
I've found that if you sleep in a room where it is very dry due to heat from an electric radiator for example, it can also help cause one.

Nugget
28-03-2006, 11:02
:Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes:: Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Yikes::Y ikes::Yikes:

You and me gonna have words ......:sniper:

Yeah, but your word'll be 'biscuit?', and his'll just be 'whine whine, moan moan, dada?'.

:p:

Pia
28-03-2006, 11:06
I used to get nosebleeds a lot when i was your age lemony, never got it checked out though and i'm alright!:shrug:

LemonyBrainAid
28-03-2006, 11:21
I used to get nosebleeds a lot when i was your age lemony, never got it checked out though and i'm alright!:shrug:

.... my point :P

Nug - you're gonna get it *adds you to my people to stab list*

Ramrod
28-03-2006, 11:23
Link (http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068867/) :)

Recurring nosebleeds

Some people have recurring nosebleeds. They may not be heavy, and soon stop, but can become distressing. In this situation you may be referred to an Ear Nose and Throat unit. It is often possible to cauterise ('burn') the bleeding point. This is usually a minor procedure which is usually successful in stopping recurrent bleeds.

This (http://www.mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD004461/frame.html) study was done in 2003....

Main results
Three studies - two randomised controlled trials (RCTs) and one controlled clinical trial (CCT) - involving 256 participants satisfied the inclusion criteria. One RCT compared Naseptin ® antiseptic cream with no treatment, the second RCT compared Vaseline ® petroleum jelly with no treatment, and the CCT compared Naseptin ® antiseptic cream with silver nitrate cautery. Overall, results were inconclusive, with no statistically significant difference found between the compared treatments. No serious adverse effects were reported from any of the interventions, although children receiving silver nitrate cautery reported that it was a painful experience (despite the use of local anaesthetic).

Authors' conclusions
The optimal management of children with recurrent idiopathic epistaxis is unknown. High quality randomised controlled trials comparing interventions either with placebo or no treatment, and with a follow-up period of at least a year, are needed to assess the relative merits of the various treatments currently in use. So they don't really know what to do with nosebleeds in kids.....:(

Nugget
28-03-2006, 11:23
Nug - you're gonna get it *adds you to my people to stab list*

You're not even tall enough to reach the knife drawer, let alone old enough to buy a new one ;) :PP:

Saaf_laandon_mo
28-03-2006, 11:24

Is that after you stopped using cocaine then? lol

Ramrod
28-03-2006, 11:28
Go and see the GP......

Mr_love_monkey
28-03-2006, 11:31
As Nugget's avatar once said '..and the Doctor said I wouldnt get so many nose bleeds, if I kept my finger out of there.....'

LemonyBrainAid
28-03-2006, 12:15
You're not even tall enough to reach the knife drawer, let alone old enough to buy a new one ;) :PP: Oi! I can reach it!

... just :o:

Nugget
28-03-2006, 12:20
Oi! I can reach it!

... just :o:

Just you be careful carrying that heavy box then ;)

Maggy
28-03-2006, 12:45
I'm trying to work out how Lemony is posting this at gone 10 am...What happened to school? :erm: Or is it an IT lesson or are you on home schooling?

Nugget
28-03-2006, 12:47
I'm trying to work out how Lemony is posting this at gone 10 am...What happened to school? :erm: Or is it an IT lesson or are you on home schooling?

Now Coggy - I think it's fair to say that we all worked out a long time ago that Lemony has never even seen a school, let alone learnt anything ;)

MovedGoalPosts
28-03-2006, 12:50
I think his school is on strike. Perhaps he should be doing some howmework though.

LemonyBrainAid
28-03-2006, 12:54

School staff are on strike.. got told to stay home.. :D:D

Nug.. I'ma set nem on you

Nugget
28-03-2006, 13:00
School staff are on strike.. got told to stay home.. :D:D

Nug.. I'ma set nem on you

Bring it on, little man! I'll just lob a biscuit - that'll distract him enough for me to take a gentle stroll to the pub ;)

Ramrod
28-03-2006, 13:48
never got it checked out though and i'm alright!:shrug:In who's opinion? :D

Nugget
28-03-2006, 13:50
In who's opinion? :D

Well, all of the blokes think she's alright ;) :naughty:

Mr_love_monkey
28-03-2006, 14:02
Well, all of the blokes think she's alright ;) :naughty:
She's a right what? :)

Nugget
28-03-2006, 14:06

A right-handed woman, obviously :)

MovedGoalPosts
28-03-2006, 14:07
Careful please ;)

Not quite sure what the last few posts have to do with Nosebleeds, so back on topic.....

My Mum used to get a lot of these. Ended up haveing to see the ENT bods who cauterised the blood vessels. Had to be done a few times though since they sealed one, then the next one went.

Salu
28-03-2006, 14:13
Occasionaly - just a couple of lines though :D

Oddly enough we actually use a form of cocaine to treat and cauterise nosebleeds....

LBA, I'm sure your GP will be able to help you. I wouldn't be too concerned.

....and I don't believe that you don't pick your nose a lot!...:)

MovedGoalPosts
28-03-2006, 14:16
Nemmy is gonna love that :D

Ramrod
28-03-2006, 14:16
I wonder if an application of stomach contents/acid to the sinuses could increase the likelihood of nosebleeds? :scratch:

driver_problems
28-03-2006, 14:17
Oddly enough we actually use a form of cocaine to treat and cauterise nosebleeds.

hang on a sec - I think I've developed a nosebleed too :)

MovedGoalPosts
28-03-2006, 14:18
I wonder if an application of stomach contents/acid to the sinuses could increase the likelihood of nosebleeds? :scratch:

Me thinks that's being mischivious - a certain mix of "neer" and bad chinese per chance :angel:

Nugget
28-03-2006, 14:27
Nemmy is gonna love that :D

Not as much as he loves that biscuit ;) :D

Maggy
28-03-2006, 14:39
Actually the nosebleeds are probably caused by too much excitement after late nights in the chat room. :p:

Go and get some homework done..I bet you got given some.

Nugget
28-03-2006, 14:41
Actually the nosebleeds are probably caused by too much excitement after late nights in the chat room. :p:

Nah, he's just excited that he can finally reach the keyboard without his blockaboots on :D

Maggy
28-03-2006, 14:46
Nah, he's just excited that he can finally reach the keyboard without his blockaboots on :D

I thought that was homealone? :erm:

Nugget
28-03-2006, 14:54
I thought that was homealone? :erm:

They don't do them in his size - that's why we bought him a stepladder for his 50th :D

Nemesis
28-03-2006, 15:06
What's this biscuit business ???

Maggy
28-03-2006, 15:08

I haven't got any Nem..But Nuggy has..;)

Nugget
28-03-2006, 15:09

Well, Lemony told me that you're a big fan of biscuits :angel:

EDIT: Must be true actually - as soon as I started offering biscuits, you were here like a shot :D

Pia
28-03-2006, 17:03
A right-handed woman, obviously :)
I'm left-handed actually:PP:

Have you made an appointment with your doctor yet Lemony?

Nugget
28-03-2006, 17:13
I'm left-handed actually:PP:

All the best people are left-handed ;)

Just a shame that I'm right-handed really :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
28-03-2006, 19:01
All the best people are left-handed ;)

Just a shame that I'm right-handed really :D

have to agree with. :D (WTF!! did i say that!)

ZrByte
28-03-2006, 19:40
Interestingly I had my first proper nosebleed in my life last night. Woke up this morning and didnt realise, that is until I went to the mirror and found dry blood all over my face. Took a proper look and realised my hands where covered in small amounts of dry blood too (obviously where I had been itching my nose during the night). Needless to say ive also ruined my pillow.
Ive got that wierd cold that seems to be going around so I put it down to that. Ive been sneezing non-stop so I just assumed maybe I had sneezed during my sleep rupturing the blood vessel or something.
I too only seemed to bleed from the one nostril.

Anonymouse
28-03-2006, 19:41
I got nosebleeds as a kid; the mother was a bit worried for a while, but the doctor just said it was one of those things (trans.: he hadn't a clue how to treat it; then again this was over 30 years ago). I still get the occasional one, and I'm now 40. Nosebleeds can be symptomatic of various conditions, but it depends on how heavy they are. Mine stop, or respond to the usual treatment (pinch nostrils shut for a minute with hanky soaked in cold water), before too long.

If it happens frequently, you should have a doctor check you out, but it's probably nothing to worry about. Usually it really is just one of those things. Couldn't hurt to check, though.

greencreeper
28-03-2006, 22:14
Never had a nose bleed, though sometimes when I have a cold, it's more blood than snot that I blow out. Excessive blowing for you. I had the lining of my nose scraped and burnt when I was in my teens - might have helped :shrug: Bit of a gruesome hospital stay.

nffc
06-04-2006, 23:20

Happens quite often, or so i'm reliably informed :LOL: