PDA

View Full Version : Help offered

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 20:53
If you live in an ex-Cable and Wireless area and have a credit control issue that you are unable to resolve through the normal channels, I may be able to assist.

I am based in the NW Credit Control team, although for other ex Cable and Wireless regions I may still be able to help.

(Please note that if you have been cut off for non-payment and want to be reconnected without paying, I can't do that!:D)

If you need assistance, use the PM facility. I won't be able to access this site at work so please be patient.

Mark B

Frank
20-06-2003, 20:58
Thank you Mark. I also offer my help to anyone, although won't be using this site at work.

I also suggest that anyone with problems complain directly to Oftel. The word Oftel seems to have a magic effect in ntl :)

Frank
20-06-2003, 21:00
With a little (hah) effort we can make ntl top of the charts.

http://www.oftel.gov.uk/publications/consumer/comp0603.htm

Oftel can be contacted by going to here (http://www.oftel.gov.uk/consumer/advice/contact_us/index.htm)

poolking
20-06-2003, 21:00
Aren't Oftel soon to be replaced by Ofcom?

Frank
20-06-2003, 21:03
Originally posted by poolking
Aren't Oftel soon to be replaced by Ofcom?
A lot of media and Telecoms watchdogs go merged into Ofcom a short while ago, but when we will see the effect remains to be seen. Until then, Oftel operate as normal under Stephen Carter, who funnily enough is ntl's old COO ;)

obvious
20-06-2003, 21:06
Originally posted by Keyser
A lot of media and Telecoms watchdogs go merged into Ofcom a short while ago, but when we will see the effect remains to be seen. Until then, Oftel operate as normal under Stephen Carter, who funnily enough is ntl's old COO ;)

Doesn't the whole Ofcom merge thing happen at the end of this year?

Frank
20-06-2003, 21:13
Originally posted by obvious
Yer probably right dude.

patrickp
20-06-2003, 21:18
Originally posted by Mark B
If you live in an ex-Cable and Wireless area and have a credit control issue that you are unable to resolve through the normal channels, I may be able to assist.

I am based in the NW Credit Control team, although for other ex Cable and Wireless regions I may still be able to help.

(Please note that if you have been cut off for non-payment and want to be reconnected without paying, I can't do that!:D)

If you need assistance, use the PM facility. I won't be able to access this site at work so please be patient.

Mark B

Thanks, Mark, good to know that some ntl staff are going to be helping people out here, despite the fact that it won't be as straightforward as it was on nthw. :)

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 22:00
Originally posted by patrickp
Thanks, Mark, good to know that some ntl staff are going to be helping people out here, despite the fact that it won't be as straightforward as it was on nthw. :)

Thanks Patrick....

Although I shall not access the site from work (that wouldn't be fair to ntl anyway, and to me they are reasonable employers), I will be informing them that I will be assisting customers on this site from home, in my own time. They won't have a problem, as long as I follow all the normal customer guidelines, and bring any issues I take on, into work, properly and professionally.

All up front and all out in the open. I have no time for any politics or these people don't like those people...resolving customer issues is my only aim.

Mark W
20-06-2003, 22:10
Thanks Patrick....

Although I shall not access the site from work (that wouldn't be fair to ntl anyway, and to me they are reasonable employers), I will be informing them that I will be assisting customers on this site from home, in my own time. They won't have a problem, as long as I follow all the normal customer guidelines, and bring any issues I take on, into work, properly and professionally.

All up front and all out in the open. I have no time for any politics or these people don't like those people...resolving customer issues is my only aim.

Ditto......tho frankly, ill be here at work too ;) NTL community? they can shove it :)

Hell Fighter
20-06-2003, 22:16
I'll be here too.
Any issues within Glasgow, N. Ireland, and Wales I'm your man.

- Hell Fighter -

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 22:19
Originally posted by Mark W
Ditto......tho frankly, ill be here at work too ;) NTL community? they can shove it :)

Be careful with that......be very careful.......

handyman
20-06-2003, 22:22
May I offer my assistance, I can help with most things at the end of a ntl cable :). Although i'll leave the other end to the likes of proppin and his chums...

mark

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 22:23
It's great to see so may ntl people here offering help...I was worried I'd be the only one.

I can feel the true spirit of the original nthw forming here....

Mark W
20-06-2003, 22:28
Be careful with that......be very careful.......

hmmm....could have a bit of a debate about this really.

why would they muzzle me, esp if i was giving good advice to people with a problem? surely the main aim with this whole online support melarky is to resolve cmrs problems quicker?

if they say im not qualified to give such advice, then id be likly to go through the roof. its the same advice i hand out on the phones on a daily basis - so if im not good enough to give it online, would they be insinuating im not good enough to give it over the phone? i think my performance reviews would disagree somewhat.....

It would be a truly sad state of affairs if i get into hot water for helping out a customer when ive not been specifically told to :(

grum1978
20-06-2003, 22:37
Originally posted by obvious

It happens in october i think:smokin:

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 22:40

why would they muzzle me, esp if i was giving good advice to people with a problem? surely the main aim with this whole online support melarky is to resolve cmrs problems quicker?

if they say im not qualified to give such advice, then id be likly to go through the roof. its the same advice i hand out on the phones on a daily basis - so if im not good enough to give it online, would they be insinuating im not good enough to give it over the phone? i think my performance reviews would disagree somewhat.....

It would be a truly sad state of affairs if i get into hot water for helping out a customer when ive not been specifically told to :(

From experience, it would be more likely to be political than anything else.

Hell Fighter
20-06-2003, 22:47

One of the CLT members on .com was told that under no uncertain terms was he to post on nthw.com without prior vetting of his comments. When he sent off a reply to one of the managers for "vetting" he was told to get the customer's details and one of the managers would give the customer a call.

Management don't understand the website and how it's an entirely different concept to taking calls. I will only be posting from home and any advice etc offered is in my capacity as a person and an ntl customer.

- Hell Fighter -

peterska2
20-06-2003, 22:51
i will help with billing queries and catv faults in Manchester.

Mr_Burns
20-06-2003, 22:51
why would they muzzle me

Have you read the e-mail and internet usage policy? I know of someone who was asked to leave the building (they were a contractor) after posting on a forum, even though it was not related to ntl in any way, but the post was made during working hours.

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 22:54
I am lucky, my management, although they didn't fully understand the concept of the CLT, took the view that it was a good thing and my actions should be encouraged, as long as it didn't interfere with my core role, which was of course perfectly fair.

They accepted what I was doing with no problem, and even allowed me to use some of what I did on the CLT as evidence at performance reviews.

That's why I don't think they will have a problem with me helping on here. They are not aware of the politics behind it all, and won't care, as long as I am not breaking any rules.

Out of respect to ntl as my employers, however, I shall not access this site from work. I expect ntl to be fair to me, it is only right that I am fair to them.

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 22:57
Originally posted by Mr_Burns
Have you read the e-mail and internet usage policy? I know of someone who was asked to leave the building (they were a contractor) after posting on a forum, even though it was not related to ntl in any way, but the post was made during working hours.

If it was a contractor, then the rules are different.

The internet and email policy is very clear, and the crux of it is that any non-business use must not affect your 'core role', nor must it affect the ntl internal network and/or its ability to deal with normal business activity.

It's actually quite an open-minded policy, but if people take the mickey, it's not on.

Proppinupthebar
20-06-2003, 23:05
Originally posted by handyman
May I offer my assistance, I can help with most things at the end of a ntl cable :). Although i'll leave the other end to the likes of proppin and his chums...

mark

Who ???

peterska2
20-06-2003, 23:06
nice to see you back again proppin'

Proppinupthebar
20-06-2003, 23:08
Where've I been ? Who's round is it ?

Ignition
20-06-2003, 23:08
I can help with most things at the other end of the fibre optic bit of the network, along with a bit of background on docsis etc :)

peterska2
20-06-2003, 23:10
just not seen you around for a bit that's all.

Proppinupthebar
20-06-2003, 23:12
Originally posted by peterska2
just not seen you around for a bit that's all.
No worries Geoffrey ;-)
:D

peterska2
20-06-2003, 23:14
now i know who you is.

ignore me PM

ali147gta
20-06-2003, 23:18
i dont work for NTL, but i know my way around most things IT ish (work as a IT techy bod and SQL developer) also a bit of an xbox geek. Any help i can give i will be more than happy to do so

peterska2
20-06-2003, 23:22
i should say that i dont work for ntl but am hoping to change this.

scrotnig
20-06-2003, 23:29
Originally posted by Lagopus Mutus
Mark,

OK something has upset you - but you haven't seen Community yet I take it?

Please don't criticise something you don't know about, let alone reject it as a "knee jerk". I don't think Russ wants this site to degenerate in to "lets knock The Other Site(s)".

I'll PM you my details - then decide or feel free to discuss it.

The more help we can give, the better service we give Customers, no matter where, when, or how its given.

Peter

Agree totally.

I can't wait to see the new community portal, and I really believe it will offer something great to ntl customers.

I do believe there's a big need for this site too, and I hope that people won't see fit to use the site to insult this place or that place. The time for that destructive stuff has past.

This site could easily work by co-operating with ntl insofar as getting customer issues sorted, without any hatred between the two parties it will be SO much easier to do.

Ignition
20-06-2003, 23:32
Though I won't have anything direct to do with Community, (apart from helping make sure it stays online!) ;) I've heard a lot of good things about it, and it's a logical progression from nthw.com. Better that sites don't go at each other - ntlh + nthw, conduct from BOTH parties was ridiculous. No reason why user run and company run sites can't exist for the benefit of all and offer better support to customers..

By the way what's with the filtering of THAT site? Do we really need to go down that route again with tit for tat filtering, or did ya pinch the bot code from nthw along with other code by accident?

peterska2
20-06-2003, 23:36
please lets not go *******.

if you want to site **** go there instead.

peterska2
20-06-2003, 23:37
Originally posted by peterska2
please lets not go *******.

if you want to site **** go there instead.

bit too keen censoring if you ask me.

williams6g
21-06-2003, 00:19
Hello All,
I work in Cardiff Customer Care and am a superuser in cardiff for BB and Dialup. I am happy to help anyboby if i can just ask on here or PM me and if i can help you i will.

Martin
21-06-2003, 03:20
Nice to see people helping.:) It restores my faith in people.

carlingman
21-06-2003, 05:10
Maybe worth considering getting recognised assistants on here else you will have people PMing people their private details etc.

No doubt tho i am well behind and this has already been thought of.

obvious
21-06-2003, 05:28
Originally posted by JustAnotherN00b
Better that sites don't go at each other - ntlh + nthw, conduct from BOTH parties was ridiculous. No reason why user run and company run sites can't exist for the benefit of all and offer better support to customers..

By the way what's with the filtering of THAT site? Do we really need to go down that route again with tit for tat filtering

Important points above. TOS gave commiserations to .COM on the shafting by ntl and they seem keen to 'reach out the olive branch' to this site. This could be a big step in the right direction. I think the first steps are to be civil to each other and lose the censorship of www.n t l h e l l.co.uk

Leave the past in the past or at least make an effort in that direction.

Gareth D
22-06-2003, 14:50
Anyone who needs my help is welcome to PM me and I'll do what I can.

I'm not sure to the extent to which I will be able to help here compared to .com but, as always I'll do my best, time allowing etc.