PDA

View Full Version : NTL - Rogue Traders?

pfatal
22-03-2006, 13:46
I am in the process of trying to have an account closed at NTL. My husband was approached by a sales team in town, and said he would like more information - as we were considering a switch. 2 weeks later, 2 engineers show up to install services! We turned them away, as nothing had been requested. Roll on 4 months, and numerous calls to NTL later. We have outstanding bills for both cable and various international phone calls. No services have ever been installed, and no one at customer service is following through and having it resolved - managers included.
My next step is oftel, followed by a solicitor.
Anyone experience similar issues?

Russ
22-03-2006, 13:49
Welcome to the site :wavey:

PM me with your full name and address (as well as the account number on the bills you've been getting) and I'll pass them on to my ntl contact to look in to for you.

handyman
22-03-2006, 14:10
I'm sure it can be sorted out.

Makes me wonder how they could load an account onto the system with out payment details though. I though DD was mandatory on all new connections.

hairy_mick
22-03-2006, 14:27
belive me this happens and the only way you have been billed is the two engineers closed the job as complete that starts the billing cycle this is not allowed but is done to improve completion the phone is proberly on in another house and is being used.

Paul K
22-03-2006, 15:22
To be honest this is more to do with the sales people than NTL but I would think that NTL aren't helping themselves by offering bonuses/ comission payments to agents that get accounts even if the account is then closed due to the customer not actually wanting it. BT has suffered the same sort of problem with their BB agents and I don't think they have done anything to stop that from occuring either.
Bad control of sales people and sales people only interested in making as much comission as possible before they get caught lying once to often.

kibblerok
22-03-2006, 18:30
Where in the country are you?

pfatal
23-03-2006, 11:08
I am in Catford, SE London