PDA

View Full Version : Moving house problem

maureen2317
18-03-2006, 18:48
Can you help with a daft question for a friend of mine.
She was an NTL customer for both phone and broadband.She moved house and was told it would take 2 weeks to connect the telephone but only a couple of days for the broadband.So she cancelled the phone line and went with BT for that.Now NTL have been and installed the broadand she is unable to access the internet?.Am i right in saying it has nothing to do with the fact she is now with BT for the telephone and that it just needs configuring properly.
Thanks for any help.

MovedGoalPosts
18-03-2006, 18:51
Broadband via cable is independent of the phone line. If Broadband is not working then it's not been installed, activated or configured somewhere.

Presumably she has a modem, are the lights steady? How is she connecting the computer, ethernet USB?

maureen2317
18-03-2006, 19:28
Thanks for the reply Rob. She is connecting (as far as i know) through a usb.I dont kow about the modem lights as i havent been round yet, she just rang to say that she couldnt connect because she had changed to BT.When i told her that i thought it shouldnt matter she said she had a conversation with a bloke in the pub that worked with computers all day, he told her that she couldnt have Bt phone and Ntl broadband.
As i thought it must need configuring or something.Shouldnt be much to change as its the same pc just in a different house.Will she have taken her old modem?.If i re-install with the Ntl disc will this cure her problem.Assuming she has her pc set up correctly.