PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy

TigaSefi
24-11-2003, 00:31
I am not sure that if anyone watched a programme about Kennedy on BBC2 today on Sunday where basically the whole programme was one big brainwash to fool us into thinking there only one lone gunman that did the whole thing and no one else. I felt that my intelligence was insulted by this programme. I do believe that the US Government is still hiding vital evidence from the general public and I do believe that something underhand went on.

The main sticking point is the shooting. Why did Oswald not take out kennedy on the straight road in front of the book depository instead of the difficult curve and with trees in the way.

Another is all the pictures and film footage of Oswald when he was in the Dallas PD dept after being arrested shows him to be a man of little knowledge about what he had done, and he seemed to have realised that he was set up. And he was never smiling either as one "witness" on the programme puts it.

Russ
24-11-2003, 00:36
I don't know, after watching that program, the last 30 minutes convinved me there was no conspiracy :(

TigaSefi
24-11-2003, 00:41
It certainly was very persuasive, but one thing that annoyed me and made me think was that it resolutely didn't mention any of the countless "evidence" and "comments" by the people at the place at the time that I felt was important.

There was a guy that actually got clipped by a bullet that wasn't talked about. There was part of the pavement that was taken away and replaced cos it was marked by a bullet. I would have just liked these allegations proved or disproved.

Maggy
24-11-2003, 00:42
too busy watching blokes with hairy chests in big hairy wigs to watch that one. :drool:

incog. :D

Jerrek
24-11-2003, 01:45
I do believe that the US Government is still hiding vital evidence from the general public and I do believe that something underhand went on.
Please provide some ample proof of this. There are *lots* of people that "believe" that they saw Elvis and that they have been kidnapped and probed by aliens.

Stuart
24-11-2003, 01:55
Please provide some ample proof of this. There are *lots* of people that "believe" that they saw Elvis and that they have been kidnapped and probed by aliens.IIRC (and this is from a program that I saw on discovery years ago, so I could well have it wrong), wasn't at least one of Kennedy's exit wounds on the wrong side for Lee Harvery Oswald to have shot him?

I doubt we will ever have conclusive evidence of what happened. If the US Government (through one of it's agencies) did order the assassination of Kennedy, they will have destroyed any evidence (or at least ensured no one can access it). If they didn't, then there will be no evidence, as they committed no crime. Whether they did or didn't, the conspiracy theorists will always believe they did.

Graham
24-11-2003, 02:03
I've just watched the programme and frankly I was *incredibly* disappointed with the standard of the journalism and presentation (I didn't check if it was actually a BBC production, but if it was, I could be reconsidering some of my comments in the "licence fee" discussion!)

Frankly it looked like the programme went in with the sole intent of "proving" there was no conspiracy. They presented only *one* "expert" who had modelled the event and gave his results maximum coverage and credence, despite the fact that other people have differing viewpoints.

They used language that supported their case whilst dismissing anything that didn't support it.

They missed out any reference to some very curious events (like why *did* some people run towards the grassy knoll?).

They dismissed the evidence of the recording from the policeman's microphone because he wasn't "in the right place", and didn't examine it further.

They didn't mention the "missing evidence" such as the chipped kerb stone that was "lost" or "thrown away".

And then, to add to this, they spent a huge chunk of the programme rubbishing Oliver Stone's *film* which is a work of *fiction*, not a historical document.

I don't know if there was a conspiracy or not. I don't know if there was a second gunman. I don't know if we'll ever find out. But we certainly won't find out through shoddy work like that programme.

Nor
24-11-2003, 02:15
I thought the program was quite good, although biased as they clearly went into it to prove one thing. I'm with Russ though, provided me with alot of convincing info that he was the only gunman.

They spent time rubbishing Oliver Stones movie though because most peoples knowledge of the assassination is based on that. Plus most people believed it was presenting facts within a fictional context. I know I certainly believed the 6 second for 3 shots stuff, the fact that he was a poor aim, the magic bullet theory. All of which apparantly weren't accurate.

TigaSefi
24-11-2003, 10:26
there confusion to how long the actual footage ran for. some say 6 seconds and some 8.3 seconds the crucial thing to remember is that no one sure when the first shot was fired and the last shot was fired. In the programme that said that when the car moved out of the advert hoarding, both Kennedy and Connally was hit and that was the first shot but I think the first shot was before that hitting the pavement. Incidentally, Sky Movies was showing a film called Ruby where it actually established his backgrounds supposedly and he had some contacts with mob squads.

trinity
24-11-2003, 13:09
Incidentally, Sky Movies was showing a film called Ruby where it actually established his backgrounds supposedly and he had some contacts with mob squads.
I thought that the Mob connection was too quickly dismissed.
For years my father, a Kennedy fanatic, is/was convinced the Mob were behind the assassination.
To say that over the years and all the organized crime arrests made, not on person has ever named names. Who would??? Only an idiot would claim responsibility. Even LHO claimed to be a patsy.
For it and other factors to be so easily dismissed, is very bad journalism.

The Kennedy Assassination was produced by PJ Productions & Springs Media Inc, co-produced with the BBC.

TigaSefi
24-11-2003, 14:28
Definitely. EVERYTHING was dismissed so easily without any definite evidence that it cannot be true that I refused to believe the whole program. I was shouting at the tv ffs :D