PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Gatwick - Ace Meet & Greet?

Aragorn
14-03-2006, 11:59
Anyone here used ACE Meet & Greet for parking at Gatwick?

Off for two weeks soon and they are quoting £64 meet & greet - only £12 more than park & bus!

Anyone here actually used them before - seem to have some good reviews, but also some people saying they had to wait for their car!

TIA

zeus9876
14-03-2006, 12:14
I used them last may when we went to America and they were there when we arrived and i phoned them when we got through customs when we returned and they were there with the car when we got outside. I would reccommend using them. Even though they are a tad more expensive it is well worth it IMO.

Wicked_and_Crazy
14-03-2006, 12:41
you might find that you can get one nights stay at a hotel and parking included for less. Very useful if you have an early flight but dont want to get up too early

Mike
14-03-2006, 12:46
Yes I have used one of the comapnies can not remember exact name..........just turned up by the departure entrance jump out and they drove if off. (They did a 30 second check on the car to make sure there was not major damage)

On return phoned and by the time we got through customs car was there.

Would use again !

Mike

Aragorn
14-03-2006, 12:51
you might find that you can get one nights stay at a hotel and parking included for less. Very useful if you have an early flight but dont want to get up too early Looked at that, but cheapest was £75 with very bad reviews. Flight isn't until 11:40 and only about 1hr from home, so driving not a major prob.

buddy11
31-01-2008, 19:57
BEWARE Ace car parking Gatwick

Avoid this company if you don’t want to risk being ripped off and lied to by a company you give business to. Paid for my car to be looked after by Ace Parking Meet and Greet Service. When I went to collect it their driver drove it right by me and parked way forward in a badly lit area - this was at night. Should have twigged something was wrong. He asked me to sign for it, shiftily shoved the keys in my hand and made a sharp exit. Off I went and next morning realised why all the cloak and dagger stuff. A massive scrape right down the passenger side of the car. I complained but Ace just referred me to their T’s & C’s saying I should have checked the car and reported it immediately which I would have done if the driver hadn’t shot off so quick. I e-mailed them pics of the damage but they kept referring to their T’s & C’s in their own unhelpful way. Result – I now have to pay for repairs they caused and knowingly avoided telling me about. If you don’t want to risk being ripped off and lied to by a company you give business to then AVOID.

lostandconfused
31-01-2008, 20:29
I used BCP for gatwick last year, same as above posts, turned up a bit early, but they guy was there, did a quick check of the car (wasnt too impressed, that he said i would look good when it was finished).

Phone when going through customs and was there as we walked through the door.

Cant remeber the price but it was cheaper than a hotel.

GeoffW
03-02-2008, 09:50
I've used Cophall Farm meet and greet a couple of times and they were really good. I'd happily recommend them. Although they were a bit more expensive than the price you quoted, it was cheaper than paying to park off airport.

http://www.cophallfarm.co.uk/index.asp

Angua
03-02-2008, 10:06
Found Maple Manor (http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/gatwick/gatwick-maple-manor-parking.html) very good they even managed to cope with us being 2 hours early arriving. Recommended to me by someone else.