PDA

View Full Version : plastic is fantastic ?

kronas
23-11-2003, 19:21
plastic surgery is becoming an increasing alternative for young women some as young as 11 are wanting surgery

the more alarming worry is that parents seem very willing to provide the money needed or loans are taken out by young teens in order to 'perfect' there body

in an all too increasing trend it seems women are feeling pressured in to looking 'perfect' by looking at the magazines and viewing catwalk women which seem to influence there choice in wanting alterations to there body

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3227396.stm

i think you should be confident in yourself nobody is perfect i think naivity plays its part.........

Russ
23-11-2003, 19:22
Isn't there an operation where you have have the scars left by zits removed? Perhaps Avril would be interested :D :angel:

kronas
23-11-2003, 19:25
Isn't there an operation where you have have the scars left by zits removed? Perhaps Avril would be interested :D :angel:

serious discussion please russ if i wanted humor i would post something in humor :idea:

Russ
23-11-2003, 19:29
serious discussion please russ if i wanted humor i would post something in humor :idea:

:erm: Sorry :(

paulyoung666
23-11-2003, 19:46
:erm: Sorry :(

:p :p :p :p kronas told russ off , isnt it supposed to work the other way round , anyway as far as i am concerned you only need to take a look at the bride of wildenstein to see plastic surgery is a bad idea :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

kronas
23-11-2003, 19:48
anyway as far as i am concerned you only need to take a look at the bride of wildenstein to see plastic surgery is a bad idea :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

the report says women well teens are changing there looks to suit men for the record i hate making modifications to the human body in this way especially to just please someone i dont like it full stop

Bex
23-11-2003, 19:51
the report says women seem well teens are changing there looks to suit men for the record i hate making modifications to the human body

plastic surgey is a extreme version of trying to change oneself, and one which i do not agree with (unless there are medical reasons...such as reconstructive surgery) but teen gals have always tried to change their appearance for men,,,,make up etc, it is just, sadly, moving with the times

kronas
23-11-2003, 19:54
plastic surgey is a extreme version of trying to change oneself, and one which i do not agree with (unless there are medical reasons...such as reconstructive surgery) but teen gals have always tried to change their appearance for men,,,,make up etc, it is just, sadly, moving with the times

i look at it as just leaving the body the way it is ofcourse im happy if it was for medical reasons i think its about self confidence i dont like the way that i look but i still would not go to the extremes of going under the knife i want to be as natural as possible but thats me...........

homealone
23-11-2003, 20:03
I think the telling point in the article, is the final one where it expresses surprise that parents will pay for their children to have plastic surgery. Any 'truly' cosmetic alterations, to reduce disfigurement, for example, would be elegible for surgery under the NHS. I don't think it's a good idea to alter anyone while they are still growing, anyway.

I'm reminded of Chimaera's sig line "You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same" - pressure on kids to conform to an image is huge, these days, but their parents should have more sense.

Paul
23-11-2003, 20:05
I think the telling point in the article, is the final one where it expresses surprise that parents will pay for their children to have plastic surgery. Any 'truly' cosmetic alterations, to reduce disfigurement, for example, would be elegible for surgery under the NHS. I don't think it's a good idea to alter anyone while they are still growing, anyway.

I'm reminded of Chimaera's sig line "You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same" - pressure on kids to conform to an image is huge, these days, but their parents should have more sense.
Sadly, in my dealings with parents I have come to realise that many of them have no sense at all.

Bex
23-11-2003, 20:07
Sadly, in my dealings with parents I have come to realise that many of them have no sense at all.

indeed, in my experience, i have also found that sometimes the parents perpetrate the problem.....the child may feel unattractive or whatever and the parent, for some reason, builds on this......it's sad but it is a true scenerio for a lot of kids

Ramrod
23-11-2003, 20:34
Isn't there an operation where you have have the scars left by zits removed? Perhaps Avril would be interested :D :angel::nono: :rofl: :D

Ramrod
23-11-2003, 20:37
plastic surgery is becoming an increasing alternative for young women some as young as 11 are wanting surgery
I call those girls:dozey:
...and as such far too young for cosmetic surgery (unless it's to correct some medically recognised defect)

kronas
23-11-2003, 20:40

peer pressure is something that plays a part in making a cosmetic decision i say if someone wont accept you for who you are then snub them because you have to realise who your real freinds are

I call those girls:dozey:

yep my bad i meant to say women and girls my wording was incorrect i apologise happy now ? :Peace: :p

homealone
23-11-2003, 21:15
peer pressure is something that plays a part in making a cosmetic decision i say if someone wont accept you for who you are then snub them because you have to realise who your real freinds are

exactly - kids, especially, can be really cruel to each other, as someone who used to be called 'big-ears' & 'four-eyes', I had some experience of it.

"accept you for who you are" is very true - but sometimes if you don't like who you are - or how you see yourself, I can understand why some kids would consider cosmetic surgery as an alternative. That's where their parents should be explaining that they will feel very differently about it when they are older & have more insight into themselves.

Stuart
23-11-2003, 21:29

the more alarming worry is that parents seem very willing to provide the money needed or loans are taken out by young teens in order to 'perfect' there body

in an all too increasing trend it seems women are feeling pressured in to looking 'perfect' by looking at the magazines and viewing catwalk women which seem to influence there choice in wanting alterations to there body

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3227396.stm

i think you should be confident in yourself nobody is perfect i think naivity plays its part.........
Surgery of any kind is risky. Plastic surgery is often no more risky than other kinds, but why take the risk? I don't object to plastic surgery at all, if a person feels they are deformed, by all means have the surgery to correct the problem.

Kids, however, shouldn't have plastic surgery. Kids are still growing. Their appearance will change a lot without the surgery.

Plus, why should we all look the same. That would be boring.

aliferste
23-11-2003, 21:32
Ironically in the picture they show what is deemed to be attractive in our society today...models and such like.

Advertising has a lot to answer for::

http://adbusters.org/creativeresistance/spoofads/fashion/obsession-w/ad.jpg

http://adbusters.org/creativeresistance/spoofads/fashion/reality/ad.jpg

downquark1
23-11-2003, 21:34
My thoughts:
I try to never judge anything on outside appearances, as matter of principle, but this is a free country so I see no point in criticising people for doing something they've wanted to do.

kronas
23-11-2003, 21:34
exactly - kids, especially, can be really cruel to each other, as someone who used to be called 'big-ears' & 'four-eyes', I had some experience of it.

your not alone i ignore idiots :rolleyes:

"accept you for who you are" is very true - but sometimes if you don't like who you are - or how you see yourself, I can understand why some kids would consider cosmetic surgery as an alternative.

but if you dont believe in yourself where low self esteem comes in to it then you wont succeed in life trust me on that

That's where their parents should be explaining that they will feel very differently about it when they are older & have more insight into themselves.

yes i agree as kids grow in to there teens there emotional and physical changes become more apparent and noticeable

My thoughts:
I try to never judge anything on outside appearances, as matter of principle, but this is a free country so I see no point in criticising people for doing something they've wanted to do.

the point im making is its not ALL about physical appearance to me it should be about the person inside unfortunately it seems these days that people do judge you for your look

homealone
23-11-2003, 22:11
but if you dont believe in yourself where low self esteem comes in to it then you wont succeed in life trust me on that

true if it continues that way, but, sometimes you have to hit the bottom, to know where the top is.;) I'm fairly stuck with being a small, balding, middle aged man, with glasses - not much will change that, now - but I have other attributes that I have learnt to appreciate, when I contemplate my 'self image'.

- I also learned that the definition of "success in life" changes as you go on - don't you 'sell yourself short', Kronas:)

kronas
23-11-2003, 22:14
true if it continues that way, but, sometimes you have to hit the bottom, to know where the top is.;) I'm fairly stuck with being a small, balding, middle aged man, with glasses - not much will change that, now - but I have other attributes that I have learnt to appreciate, when I contemplate my 'self image'.

im sure you can woo the ladies are those the attributes you speak of your not that bad :p

- I also learned that the definition of "success in life" changes as you go on - don't you 'sell yourself short', Kronas:)

true personality intelligence and being able to put things in to practice is what helps and a creative mind :rolleyes:

homealone
23-11-2003, 22:32
im sure you can woo the ladies are those the attributes you speak of your not that bad

why thank you kind sir;):p:)

true personality intelligence and being able to put things in to practice is what helps and a creative mind

true - personality, intelligence & being able to put things into practice, does help - and I agree that 'common sense' is more important than "creativity" - no good having ideas that are not possible.:)

kronas
23-11-2003, 22:34
why thank you kind sir;):p:)

:p :naughty: ;) :p

true - personality, intelligence & being able to put things into practice, does help - and I agree that 'common sense' is more important than "creativity" - no good having ideas that are not possible.:)

yes forgot about common sense maybe because i lack it :shrug: