PDA

View Full Version : STB/Wireless connection help needed.

Clinical
13-03-2006, 18:48
As the thread title suggests i'm having difficulties getting my ps2 online. I've read around a bit and can't find any solutions to my problems. Hopefully you knowledgable (spelling?) guys have the answers :)

When i run the set-up on my ps2 i fail on the dns part :mad:

I'm using a wireless router connected to my STB. I've got 2 pcs on the network and i'm trying to connect the ps2 using a cross-over cable (i forget its proper name). I've enabled ics on the wireless connection.

I've tried using auto obtain ip address. I've tried assigning them all myself. I'm driving myself crazy here. I've read that you can get something from ntl, some sort of console bundle thing. I've also read you don't need that if you've got a router so i should be fine right?

Hopefully i'm missing something simple here.

Any help would be massively appreciated. My pro evo fingers are itching.

jellybaby
13-03-2006, 18:57
Why not just plug the PS2 into your router ???

Clinical
13-03-2006, 20:05
The ps2 and the pc i'm running ics on is in a completely different room (infact a different floor) to my router and STB. I don't really want to run a cable all over my house (although i'm considering it) and i don't really want to buy any more hardware if i don't have too.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

I'm very red faced here. It turns out it was my firewall blocking the connection. Sorry for wasting anyones time here :(

And what makes it so much worse........it was my girlfriend that suggested the idea. I'll never live it down!