PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play badminton?

flyball
13-03-2006, 06:10
I've been playing since the start of this year I think, and the racquet I'm using is the Yonex Armotec 700. I switched over to badminton from tennis mainly because I couldn't find my coach anymore It's a pretty fun sport, one that's easy to pick up, but a little harder to master.
I was flicking through my froogle search and found this:
<Link deleted>
Download Failed (1)
E-4431 Training High Quality Feather Shuttlecocks

Anyone play badminton can help me to make a judge of those Shuttlecocks?
If they can last longer in training or advance I think it is pretty good deal(bascially $0.8 per shuttlecock) compared to other brand at it's price. :cool:

but as I've never played with them before I have no idea of their performance, does anyone have any experience with these shuttles at all? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

MovedGoalPosts
13-03-2006, 11:29
:welcome: to Cable Forum.

We are wary of first posters on here who provide links to other sites, oftern these prove to be spam. However I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and have simply removed the link enabling a discussion if forum members so desire.

Moved to Sports sub forum.

pop80_uk
13-03-2006, 15:04
Ive played with both feather and plastic cup shuttle cocks, the feather last less, but have a longer smoother travel. We used to use them at the club for beginners as they tended to drift less.
Hope this helps.

driver_problems
13-03-2006, 16:28
I've been playing since the start of this year I think, and the racquet I'm using is the Yonex Armotec 700. I switched over to badminton from tennis mainly because I couldn't find my coach anymore It's a pretty fun sport, one that's easy to pick up, but a little harder to master.
I was flicking through my froogle search and found this:
<Link deleted>
http://www.opentip.com/images/imagecache/RENT-E-4431_100_71.jpg
E-4431 Training High Quality Feather Shuttlecocks

Anyone play badminton can help me to make a judge of those Shuttlecocks?
If they can last longer in training or advance I think it is pretty good deal(bascially $0.8 per shuttlecock) compared to other brand at it's price. :cool:

but as I've never played with them before I have no idea of their performance, does anyone have any experience with these shuttles at all? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I played for a good few years but stopped a couple of years back - tho I am thinking of taking it back up again. I seem to recall asking a similar question to the coach at the club and she said that those feathery types were generally used in competition play while the plastic ones were used for 'normal' playing/practising. It always made me think of a pidgeon or bird that had been shot when I saw a feathery one that had come to pieces - as they are apt to do (the placcy ones being more robust)

Scrubbs
13-03-2006, 16:41
I seem to remember the feathered type had more "air" time ie stay in the air longer

Halcyon
13-03-2006, 17:59
I love playing badminton.
It's great fun and really get's you moving around.
I tend to use the plastic ones when practicing as they are cheaper.
The feather ones are better but get damaged easier and cost more.

Graham M
13-03-2006, 18:16
Strange how the OP hasn't posted in 12 hours? :)

driver_problems
13-03-2006, 21:02
Strange how the OP hasn't posted in 12 hours? :)

he might be off playing badminton

Graham M
13-03-2006, 21:20
Thats a possibility I guess

danielf
13-03-2006, 21:55
12 hours is a long time for playing badminton...

Graham M
13-03-2006, 22:11
Maybe he's one of those "fitness addicts"

pop80_uk
13-03-2006, 23:31
He's off chasing a dove for its feathers to stick in his plastic cock

(re-reads that and thinks if it was not so late an edit would be in order :D)

Badders
15-03-2006, 23:38
I seem to remember the feathered type had more "air" time ie stay in the air longer
They also slow up much more by the time they reach you. This means you have a chance of getting smashes back.

I remember the League I currently play in used to play with plastics - basically the person with the hardest smash won the game. With feathers, it takes the smash out of the game a little and gives us limp-wristed players a chance to shine with their control and accuracy.

Feathers do cost more - up to £1 a shuttle. We currently pay £10.50 for a dozen of high quality ones. The bad news is you may get through 2-3 a game.