PDA

View Full Version : Opinion thread .

LiveInFrance
12-03-2006, 11:02
Suppose you have to leave your country for whatever reason , where would you go and why ?

Give all the reasons on why you would leave and the reasons on your substitutional country . :angel:

Thank ya much :D

Russ
12-03-2006, 11:18
I'd go to England and more specifically Oxford, that's the only place I'd consider going to if I had to. Can't imagine ever having to go to any other country and frankly I wouldn't want to.

Halcyon
12-03-2006, 11:23
I posted a similar question HERE (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=20440&highlight=live+volcanoes+earthquakes+australia) a while ago and anted to know where people would go if they left the UK.

I was reading an article recently and nearly 50% of UK residents have either considered or have moved abroad with current favourite places being Spain, Austrlia, and France.

I think if I do move it would either be to France due to family living there and the fact that I prefer the smaller villages and countryside to town's and cities.
I'd also want to educate my family the French way and also feel that the French food is better than English food.

Houseprices are way too expenive here. I'd even consider Slovenia where houses are dead cheap. It just depends on how I could take my job with me.
However with all the transport links allowing you to get around so much easier that may not be much of a problem.

I do like Canada and would love to try living there for a couple of years.
Or may be Australia.

I couldnt live in any of the war ridden, drug fuelled places, and I certainly wouldnt go and live in any places likely to be hit by natural hazards.

bopdude
12-03-2006, 11:40
I couldnt live in any of the war ridden, drug fuelled places, and I certainly wouldnt go and live in any places likely to be hit by natural hazards.

War ridden
Drug fueled
Natural hazzards......................

So what ya gonna do, colonise the moon :D

Me, I had 6 good years when I emigrated to South Africa, came back for the wrong reasons :( and even with all the talk of how bad it's gotten, would go back to see for myself, either there or Goa, India :tu:

Angua
12-03-2006, 11:50
I'd go to England and more specifically Oxford, that's the only place I'd consider going to if I had to. Can't imagine ever having to go to any other country and frankly I wouldn't want to.

But where abouts in Oxford would you go Russ?

Paul
12-03-2006, 11:53
I would move to New Zealand or Australia. This country is going downhill fast.

ikthius
12-03-2006, 12:07
Oz for me, I love it there.

ik

BBKing
12-03-2006, 12:12
But where abouts in Oxford would you go Russ?
The Welsh Quarter, probably.

I'd go to Ireland, personally. It's the only other country I can get a passport* :P

* Except possibly Israel, but I don't particularly want an Israeli passport.

Russ
12-03-2006, 14:54

Actually I'd go to Summertown but I doubt you'd have heard of it.

Angua
12-03-2006, 15:00

Very nice area and handy for BBC Radio Oxford. :tu:

punky
12-03-2006, 15:07
Either tha US or Canada. They are both nice but in slightly different ways. The US is so big an varied you can go from the tropical paradise of Hawaii to the bustling metropolises of NY etc. Canada is very nice, kinda like a mark II version of the US, but not as diverse.

I only mention those two places as they are the best I have been to so far. I haven't been to Australia/New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Dubai yet, and could well wnt to live there more.

Instead of moaning about how much this county is going downhill, my family has actually put their money where their mouths are and moved to the US. They've never looked back.

Macca371
12-03-2006, 15:31
US (particularly New York and tristate area) or France (although unemployment is rife and the economy appears to be collapsing)

Silent Wings
12-03-2006, 15:33

Summertown revisited :Yikes: it's never the same second time round..........;)

Portugal for me

Russ
12-03-2006, 16:16
Very nice area and handy for BBC Radio Oxford. :tu:

I used to pass the studios everyday when I lived there 5 years ago :)

Maggy
12-03-2006, 16:56
I want to go back to Africa..but the Africa of my childhood.Sadly it probably never existed...:(

New Zealand seems nice and I hear the education system there is good...

However where I am seems a fairly good place despite the nutters.The grass is not always greener the other side of the fence.

Stuart
12-03-2006, 18:30
I'm quite happy where I am. Obviously, there are other places I like, but, TBH, I have found that living in a place is quite a different concept to visiting it.