PDA

View Full Version : How green are you ?

basa
10-03-2006, 08:41
Prompted by this BBC article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4791478.stm), I wondered how many of you are of the *must have the latest / best* brigade ? :erm:

Do you have to wear a smart suit or new dress / outfit, the latest trainers, do you like the latest car, a new kitchen / bathroom, wide screen TV, HiFi, DVD player, iPod or even the latest spec PC ?

Why do we have to have the best / latest of everything when the old one probably works perfectly. Are the latest gizmos really necessary all the time.:erm:

I don't own a suit, my car is 10 years old, my TV is 19" analogue CRT and my PC is a 2GHz cpu, 512 RAM, 128MB, 40G HD grafix running W98SE !! :(

I manage quite well. :cool:

nemesis01
10-03-2006, 09:03
I am like that regarding computers, I must have the latest software and hardware, although it is never really easy (cost wise) to get them. I just spent about 4-500 quid on a new PC and I can't see myself spending that much again for a long time.

Other than that, no I don't have to have all the best stuff. I don't have a dvd player (watch them on pc) and I only have a 14" portable to watch regular TV on. I only buy clothes when I need to, and then it's nothing flash and I always look for bargains (not oxfam tho :D).

Pia
10-03-2006, 09:35
I'm not really that up to date when it comes to the technology stuff but i'm not out of date either. I've got a 28 inch widescreen telly, a nokia 7610 mobile phone and my computer does the job:shrug:
I'm happy with what i've got i don't feel the need to go out and spend a fortune on something that has a shinier case or a new feature that i don't even know what to do with:D

homealone
10-03-2006, 10:21
I'm a bit of a mixture.

I cycle to work, I have one pair of shoes that are about 4 years old, I hardly ever buy new clothes and manage with a pair of 'school' trousers for work & jeans for the weekend. Shirts are Tesco for less than a fiver, or tops from the likes of Matalan. The only suit I own is over 10 years old & was last worn for a wedding, nearly a year ago. (the one in my profile pic :) ).

However, I do like to buy DVDs, CDs & computer stuff, we change our car every 3 years & we own things like a breadmaker & a juicer.

So I think I would come under the category of 'scruff who likes gadgets' :D