PDA

View Full Version : What a world we live....

Mick
09-03-2006, 18:27
When someone goes to every length and pinches.....

This -> http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/33/p2394633_l.jpg <-

From your from front door. :rolleyes:

Whatever next? The letterbox? The door knocker?

Anyone else had anything as daft as this sounds, happen to them?

Chimaera
09-03-2006, 18:32
Yep, I've had pansies nicked from plant pots outside my house a few years ago - and last year I had 3 large terracotta plant containers vanish. Scrotes!

greencreeper
09-03-2006, 18:36
Yeah. Took the doorbell pusher and wired the ends of the wires together so it rang all the time. Took the door handle and spindle so I couldn't get out. Took the door viewer. Chavs for you :rolleyes:

etccarmageddon
09-03-2006, 18:40
I'll tell you by pm mick of one of those sorts of things at a previous house I lived in.

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

generally the problems depend on the area you live in and the standard of the local kids and their parents.

Halcyon
09-03-2006, 19:27
I too cant believe this kind of thing goes on.
The fact that half the people on my street dont bother to get to know each other means it could be anyone doing this.
I wish there was a better sense of community on streets and people could help each other out more and be on the look out for thieves.

I've had my wheelie bin stolen and plants go missing.

Maggy
09-03-2006, 20:43
Well if they nick mine they are welcome.It only works intermittantly and I need a new one.

They used to steal my wrought iron gate and hide it down the road.Then they found the top brick on my wall was loose and started hiding that..I hope they got a hernia after it was recemented.Snigger!

Now they take the for sale notices attached to my new fence for the house next door and hide them...:rolleyes:

I've had plants and hanging baskets 'borrowed'.

After that I don't bother anymore with my front garden..I note that next door who are new haven't lost anything yet despite all sorts of removable objects in the front garden.Maybe they are paying protection money.:scratch:

Mind last year I did find some lad from up the road asleep in my front garden..:erm:

Tuftus
09-03-2006, 20:50
Time to invest in an air rifle an 'non lethal' rubber pellets me thinks Coggy...

;)