PDA

View Full Version : Toothache - advice please!

LSainsbury
08-03-2006, 10:34
Possibly one for the resident doc!

I've been awake most of the night - raging toothache - not fun.

Basically - just before Christmas I managed to crack a tooth on a rogue hazelnut in a bowl of Alpen. This was filled with a temporary filling a few day later by the dentist.

The other day it started to ache - not too bad though, but now it's gone full on!

On checking the tooth, I can see part of the filling is missing so I think it's becoming infected. So far I've taken (since about 1am) 4 x Panadol Extra - before - just one would do the trick. It has subsided a bit but still quite painful.

I've phoned the dentist - got an appointment for tomorrow at 10am.

I'm sure my dentist said to rinse with salt water to try and kill the infection - is this ok to do? I've also got some clove gel and sensitive toothpaste that's going on....

Just wanted to make sure all that's ok and if there is anything else I can do before tomorrow?

homealone
08-03-2006, 10:53
Rinsing your mouth out with some whisky or similar spirit, can help, but if your painkiller contains codeine it would be best not to swallow any.

Other than that I don't think there is anything more you can do than you are doing already.

Toothache is horrible :(

Mick
08-03-2006, 11:03
You have my sympathy - Sounds like you have a severe case of it if its causing you to lose sleep. You have done the best thing by making an appointment to see your dentist.

When I had a fractured Wisdom tooth about 18 months ago it was sheer hell then - My dentist could do nothing for me and referred me to the Emergency dentist hospital. Oh what fun it was trying to get someone to see me A.S.A.P.

The place was packed out with people with the same agony. I went three times to get my place to be seen. - The first time I called it was just after I had seen my dentist, 10:30AM. They weren't taking anymore cases in, even though I begged and pleaded that I couldn't stand being in a lot of pain any longer - It was to no avail and a receptionist just advised me to get a place, I needed to be outside very early in the morning as there usually a queue waiting, so reluctantly had to go home meaning another night of no sleep.

The morning after came and I got up very early (Not that I was asleep much) about 6am and drove back down the 10 mile journey to the emergency dentist hospital - I arrived there at 6:30am and I couldn't quite believe the fact that even though I had arrived early - about one hour-forty-five minutes before the place was well due to open, there was already 16 people outside waiting.

We all get a ticket when we enter the waiting room so nobody can just claim they were their first etc and I was given 017 - They call people out one by one and assess their state before giving any treatment.

They got to ticket number 016 and I thought great, I am next and about time too, it sure as hell felt that the damaged tooth knew its fate was going to end soon, so the pain was becoming ever so intense. After the 016 ticket holder had been seen, an announcement was given and my heart sank. 'Not taking anymore cases on today'. Despite this though I was given a form that reassured me I'd definately be seen tomorrow but I had to be there before 9am. I was seen the day after and they just filled the damaged tooth, it needed to be removed and they weren't going to do today, so I had to call back there a few months later, the patched work made a massive difference and as soon as I got home from having it done - I had the best sleep had in days.

Phew - so like I said you have my sympathy. Good luck tomorrow at the dentist and I hope he can sort it for you! :)

Ramrod
08-03-2006, 11:05
You are pretty much doing everything you can m8. if things get really unbearable between now and your appointment tomorrow then go along to casualty and get pumped full of some stronger painkillers.....but take someone with you 'cos you probably won't be safe to drive yourself home.

homealone
08-03-2006, 11:14
<snip>
Phew - so like I said you have my sympathy. Good luck tomorrow at the dentist and I hope he can sort it for you! :)

ouch, that sounded awful, the last bad one I had was due to an abcess & my face swelled up, on that side, just like in a cartoon - I looked like the elephant man. Luckily I was able to get to see my dentist fairly shortly & he lanced it & put me on antibiotics for a week, before filling the tooth, but I was in absolute agony for a while, so my sympathy, too. :)

greencreeper
08-03-2006, 11:17
Sounds like a case for a root canal filling. I'd go with removal.

LSainsbury
08-03-2006, 11:50
Thanks for the advice - yes looks like I'm doing everything I can until tomorrow.

Tried the warm salt water trick - crikey - seems to have done the trick for the moment...:disturbd:

greencreeper
08-03-2006, 14:49
What can sometimes happen with fillings is that not enough decay is removed prior to filling, so it sort of rots underneath until part or all of the filling comes away, or it goes deep and the root/nerve is exposed (serious pain). And that's the problem - dentist has to remove all the crap and find nice healthy tooth to put the filling in, but in removing all the crap he/she might expose a root canal. Then the only options are removal or root canal work.

Good luck :)

My teeth are mushy - just not strong enough :( Lot of fillings, root canal work and crowns :(

Angua
08-03-2006, 15:00
Where is Alanmelon when you need him. :D

Ramrod
08-03-2006, 15:33
Home remedies for toothache pain (http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=233) :shrug:

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Just been reading about 'phantom tooth pain'....omfg!:disturbd: :disturbd:

cookie_365
08-03-2006, 15:58
Ibuprofen

greencreeper
08-03-2006, 15:58
There is the concept of "referred pain", which is right off the weirdness scale. I sometimes found that, whilst the dentist was working on lower teeth, I would feel mild pain in my neck - at the front, sort of about an inch up from the collar bone :erm: Dentist couldn't understand it. I also spent ages in mild pain with an upper left tooth that had no nerves to feel pain, only to find out, when it got REALLY painful, that it was actually a lower left tooth that had gone dodgy.

Taf
08-03-2006, 16:28
Clove oil from the chemist is great for temporary relief... just dab it on the painfull spot.... repeat as necessary...

Ramrod
08-03-2006, 16:50
There is the concept of "referred pain", which is right off the weirdness scale. Thats the stuff I deal with daily :)

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

As for the lower teeth/jaw area referring pain to above the collarbone.....the mandible is innervated by the Trigeminal nerve (3rd portion).....the nucleus of the trigeminal nerve can be located in the spinal cord as low as the 2nd-3rd vertebra in the neck.....those levels can innervate the skin above the collarbone......thereby producing sensation there. Then again, it could just be an atypical pain referral pattern :D

Salu
08-03-2006, 16:53
Not much more I can suggest really other than to pester your dentist to see you today. They get so many requests for toothache that working out which ones really need seeing depends on how loud they shout.

I wouldn't suggest attending A&E for pain relief as your GP should be your first port of call. Co-codamol would help and you can take ibuprofen alongside this.

Ramrod
08-03-2006, 17:32
I wouldn't suggest attending A&E for pain relief as your GP should be your first port of call. Co-codamol would help and you can take ibuprofen alongside this.Yep, I should have mentioned to do that only if you can't get hold of a GP. been there, done that:disturbd:

LSainsbury
08-03-2006, 17:48
Thanks all for the advice...funny when you talk about pain - the cracked tooth is in the bottom - I'm getting pain in the top and I've got a very stiff neck today!!

Ramrod
08-03-2006, 18:19
and I've got a very stiff neck today!!Thats probably because the pain is making you tense the muscles in the entire area a little bit.....

LSainsbury
08-03-2006, 19:09
Thats probably because the pain is making you tense the muscles in the entire area a little bit.....

True....I also feel very crap today - but I think thats down to about 1 hours sleep last night!!! :disturbd:

greencreeper
08-03-2006, 23:04
As for the lower teeth/jaw area referring pain to above the collarbone.....the mandible is innervated by the Trigeminal nerve (3rd portion).....the nucleus of the trigeminal nerve can be located in the spinal cord as low as the 2nd-3rd vertebra in the neck.....those levels can innervate the skin above the collarbone......thereby producing sensation there. Then again, it could just be an atypical pain referral pattern :D
My thoughts exactly, Ramrod :erm: :D :nworthy:

LSainsbury
10-03-2006, 12:02
Finally got to see the dentist today. Got an infection in the cracked tooth. Been given a 5 day course of Erythmycin and Metronidazole tablets. (Looking them up in a min). Quote from dentist: "Might make you feel sick". Great me thinks. Toothache, infection, inflamed jaw, tablets that might make me sick - and I've had to pay for the privilege to boot!

Any advice about the tablets Salo?

Salu
10-03-2006, 13:21
Only that you should avoid alcohol when taking the metronidazole as it will make you feel dreadful and maybe make you vomit. This drug is to get rid of anaerobic infections and to prevent the jaw from infection too.

The erythromycin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and is often prescribed instead of penicillin due to allergies although it's a perfectly acceptable choice anyway...

LSainsbury
10-03-2006, 13:32
Yeah - sorry - he said avoid alcohol as well - well I don't drink so thats not an issue for me...

What does "anaerobic" mean Salu?

Salu
10-03-2006, 14:20
Anaerobic bacteria grow in places where oxygen isn't. In fact oxygen will destroy them. Most dental infections are from anaerobic bacteria.

I do sympathise with you, I've had a dental abscess myself before and they are very painful.

LSainsbury
10-03-2006, 15:56
Anaerobic bacteria grow in places where oxygen isn't. In fact oxygen will destroy them. Most dental infections are from anaerobic bacteria.

I do sympathise with you, I've had a dental abscess myself before and they are very painful.

Ohh - gotcha. So if I keep my mouth open - oxygen will flood in and kill the bacteria? :D

If only....

Thanks Salu!

LSainsbury
05-04-2006, 20:06
Another one for Salu the resident doc!

The ongoing tooth saga continues!

I've now been refered to the maxillo-facial surgery at the local hospital.

Any idea on what will happen please Salu?

I've been told by the dentist it'll only be a local anesthetic but would they "knock me out" if I ask them?

Cheers!

Lee

homealone
05-04-2006, 20:18
Another one for Salu the resident doc!

The ongoing tooth saga continues!

I've now been refered to the maxillo-facial surgery at the local hospital.

Any idea on what will happen please Salu?

I've been told by the dentist it'll only be a local anesthetic but would they "knock me out" if I ask them?

Cheers!

Lee

At a guess it will be this

http://www.dentalsurgeon.co.nz/dental/topics/sgap.htm

- I've had it done twice for abscesses that wouldn't respond to treatment.

I can't pretend it is pleasant, but it doesn't hurt during the process, under a local, so I doubt they would consider a general anaesthetic.

Afterwards it is a bit sore, but as the abscess has been removed you start to feel better quite quickly with normal pain killers.

Angua
05-04-2006, 20:49
One abscess I had killed the nerve so I didn't need any anasthetic at all. :D There is no pain on earth like an abscess and would rather give birth after being induced than have an abscess.

So glad you are getting treatment. Any discomfort from the treatment will be mild after the pain you were suffering. ;)

Salu
05-04-2006, 21:48
Not really my area of expertise tbh Lee....

What is your referral for? Pain, infection, mandibular involvement etc ? Can you give me an update on your treatment so far and symptoms now?

What is your main concern about the maxfax referral?

Millay
05-04-2006, 22:35
Ive suffered with bad teeth all my life, part of an ongoing health condition. ive had several abscesses, and the root treatent to boot. the best pain killer I have found is : Aspro-Clear

As it is disolvable you can swill it round your mouth it also enters the blood stream quickly so no 20 minute wait for it to work. Dunno why it works better than normal disolvable asperin but it does!

I found once in an extrem case (before I found aspro clear) half a bootle of vodka before bed worked, but I really wouldnt advise it as the pain is horrible in the morning.

Fortunatly I dont have many teeth left now and the ones that are left have been drilled to death..

Angua
05-04-2006, 22:46
Ive suffered with bad teeth all my life, part of an ongoing health condition. ive had several abscesses, and the root treatent to boot. the best pain killer I have found is : Aspro-Clear

As it is disolvable you can swill it round your mouth it also enters the blood stream quickly so no 20 minute wait for it to work. Dunno why it works better than normal disolvable asperin but it does!

I found once in an extrem case (before I found aspro clear) half a bootle of vodka before bed worked, but I really wouldnt advise it as the pain is horrible in the morning.

Fortunatly I dont have many teeth left now and the ones that are left have been drilled to death..
Just lost half a tooth (was only held together by a filling). :mis: Cant take asprin so I am trying Ibruprofen (at least I can take paracetamol as well for really bad pain) :shocked:

homealone
05-04-2006, 23:12
whisky mouthwash

clove oil directly on the 'stump'

- don't swallow the clove oil

- do swallow the whisky

I hope you can get some sleep ...

Angua
05-04-2006, 23:26
whisky mouthwash

clove oil directly on the 'stump'

- don't swallow the clove oil

- do swallow the whisky

I hope you can get some sleep ...

Actually its not that painful, just annoying cos my toung keeps finding the gap (have had a couple of salt mouthwashes :sick: )and my teeth don't fit properly :erm:

homealone
05-04-2006, 23:34
sorry, sometimes my 'zen during the course of dental treatment' side comes out, I will avoid any reference to salty mouthwashes ;)

Tuftus
05-04-2006, 23:56
I find that alka seltser xs works for me, as its soluble (I hate taking tablets) gets to work really quick and does not make me queesy like taking asprin or paracetomol tabs do (even though thats what it is)...

As for dentists, if you are ****e scared of em like me, get the sedation, the midazolam works a treat and you don't remember a thing!

:)

JadeFalcon
06-04-2006, 00:38
Clove oil is good for knocking toothache out dead instantantly

it tastes foul but no toothache instant :D

LSainsbury
06-04-2006, 10:12
Not really my area of expertise tbh Lee....

What is your referral for? Pain, infection, mandibular involvement etc ? Can you give me an update on your treatment so far and symptoms now?

What is your main concern about the maxfax referral?

Referal is for my cracked tooth (see above in this thread!)

It's not painful at the moment but becuase of it's location (right at the back) and the way it's cracked (1/4 off on the corner) it needs to be removed.

So far it's been filled but the filling fell out after about 3 months and I got an infection which has been sorted with antiboitics.

So at the moment it's just sitting there with a large cavity and not causing any pain - at the moment.

:tu:

Salu
06-04-2006, 13:07
Referal is for my cracked tooth (see above in this thread!)

Sorry; what I meant was why did they refer you? Has the dentist tried several things and not got on top of the problem so is seeking further advice etc? I think I've gleaned enough from your answer below to comment though.

It's not painful at the moment but becuase of it's location (right at the back) and the way it's cracked (1/4 off on the corner) it needs to be removed.

So far it's been filled but the filling fell out after about 3 months and I got an infection which has been sorted with antiboitics.

So at the moment it's just sitting there with a large cavity and not causing any pain - at the moment.

Dentists will often refer if there is an extraction to be done, especially if there is a wisdom tooth involved. Your dentist obviously thinks a local will suffice but if a general is required then MaxFax will have the facilities. As far as I am aware, general anaesthetics are not carried out in dentists surgeries any more.

Personally I would avoid a general if you possibly can. They are the closest state to death that you get. Although there have been major advances in anaesthesia in the past few decades and it is generally regarded as safe, if you have the option for a local I would take it. If you suffer from dental anxiety then enquire about a midazolam sedation as you will have no memory of the procedure afterwards.

Does that help?

basa
06-04-2006, 13:18
To date I have two teeth with missing caps (one molar and one canine) plus three others with missing fillings (again two molars and one canine). :shocked:

I had an infection in one missing filling causing pain but antibiotics and brandy got rid of the pain :)

My dentist is a complete ******* and everything he has done has given problems later. I can't find a dentist within 5 miles that is taking on new NHS patients. :mad:

Tuftus
06-04-2006, 16:58
<snip> If you suffer from dental anxiety then enquire about a midazolam sedation as you will have no memory of the procedure afterwards.

Does that help?

I can testify to that, I have absolutely no memory what so ever of my extractions.

:)

LSainsbury
06-04-2006, 18:17
Sorry; what I meant was why did they refer you? Has the dentist tried several things and not got on top of the problem so is seeking further advice etc? I think I've gleaned enough from your answer below to comment though.

He thinks he could remove it but would prefer the hospital as they are more equipt for it.

Dentists will often refer if there is an extraction to be done, especially if there is a wisdom tooth involved. Your dentist obviously thinks a local will suffice but if a general is required then MaxFax will have the facilities. As far as I am aware, general anaesthetics are not carried out in dentists surgeries any more.

Exactly why he's refered me.

Personally I would avoid a general if you possibly can. They are the closest state to death that you get. Although there have been major advances in anaesthesia in the past few decades and it is generally regarded as safe, if you have the option for a local I would take it. If you suffer from dental anxiety then enquire about a midazolam sedation as you will have no memory of the procedure afterwards.

Does that help?

Thanks for the info on the general! :Yikes::Yikes::Yikes:

I don't relly have any anxiety about it - just intrested more than anything as to what might happen although I'll probably take the midazolam option!

Yep - cheers! :tu:

UnReaL
06-04-2006, 19:22
If the problem is solved, I think I've got the best solution for anyone else in the future.

Always keep a supply of clove oil and cotton wool.

Soak the cotton wool with the clove oil, place next to the tooth, firsty wiping the tooth thats aching, then place next to it.

If you have had a hole drilled into your tooth, but its developed a mild toothache, its best to s'crunch up the soaked wool with clove oil and stick it into the hole.

Doiing the above will allow you relief of upto four hours, you can relax and do everything. Until your appointment comes along.

I'm not a dentist, neither am I associated with a dentistry, just a Cable Forum member that has some great advice for his fellow members :D

Please Note: Its always worked a treat for me and other family members, however please read the ingredients carefully as different manufacturers include different ingredients, where by some people may have an allergic reaction, this case is far-fetched, its relatively low, however you can't be sure as to whether your not going to have a bad reaction to it or not.

Thanks for looking, hope it works a treat for you guys and everyone else!

greencreeper
06-04-2006, 19:51
The back teeth just sort of sit on the bone - come out very easily. Wisdom are a bit more tricky. Just have to hope it doesn't crack when they get hold of it with the pliers - will have to open the gum up to get at it. It's the sound of the blade as it scores over the bone that's the worse - not likely to feel anything though.

LSainsbury
13-07-2006, 09:41
Just an update on this - had my hospital appointment yesterday - was in and out in the space of 20 mins... 18 mins of that was in the waiting area.... The consultant said he can remove the tooth....in 4 - 5 months ....4-5 months?!?!?!! Wen I questioned that he said there where two consultants treating 3,500 people in the area hence the delay....crikey!!!

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Just an update on this - had my hospital appointment yesterday - was in and out in the space of 20 mins... 18 mins of that was in the waiting area.... The consultant said he can remove the tooth....in 4 - 5 months ....4-5 months?!?!?!! Wen I questioned that he said there where two consultants treating 3,500 people in the area hence the delay....crikey!!! Also - gone for the midazolam sedation option!

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Ummm....not sure how the duplicate got in there and I can't delete it....I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to tidy it up - ta!

Enuff
13-07-2006, 12:01
Whenever I've go to the dentist to have work done, I always have the injection of midazolam, (very addictive, and you will experience why) it's the needles in the gums I dont like, and I get very nervous! I have very very sensetive gums.

I believe it's a truth drug, and they can ask you anything they like while you're under, and you will tell them anything they want to know :disturbd: Just make sure you take someone with you, otherwise, afterwards the police may pick you up for jaywalking on the motorway :D

Jules
13-07-2006, 14:05
Tranquilizers and a CD Walkman with classical music for me :)

I am fine until I hear the drill then I am off but the above seems to work

lauzjp
13-07-2006, 16:28
eek I cannot go to the dentist. there are loads in luton taking nhs patients, I just have the fear, big time. I have always had bad teeth etc. so I decided I am not going to the dentist again until they all fall out or I can get false teeth. last time I asked my dentist said not to be so over-dramatic, but I have missing teeth, wobbly teeth, and holes or cracks in numerous remaining teeth. thankfully, I still managed to find someone who loves me, despite my foul mouth! :drool:

Jules
13-07-2006, 16:30
You are lucky having loads of NHS dentists in Leeds we had to go on a waiting list :(

Any way find one that offers sedation you will know nothing about it :D

monkey2468
13-07-2006, 16:41
The wife has sedation, I asked if I could have some but they said no! (I wanted it just 'cos it looks fun!).
I'm not bothered about the dentist, the only thing I don't like is the injection in the gums, but its over in 2 mins. I had 2 fillings this morning. :disturbd:

budwieser
13-07-2006, 20:07
The wife has sedation, I asked if I could have some but they said no! (I wanted it just 'cos it looks fun!).
I'm not bothered about the dentist, the only thing I don't like is the injection in the gums, but its over in 2 mins. I had 2 fillings this morning. :disturbd:

"The wife has sedation" I think you`ll find it`s called Marriage Mate! :D

carlingman
12-08-2006, 03:20
Going to bump this thread rather than start a new one -

NHS Dental Charges Advice ???

After horrific treatment as youngster I have been like many been terrified of Dentists and have only attended when absolutely necessary and have shall we say let my teeth go a bit.

My last visit was to the Heath Dental School free of charge where I had two bottom back teeth removed and has the roots had twisted around the jaw they had to break the jaw to get them extracted, in fairness they were marvellous and I never felt a thing.

Sadly this free option is gone now.

I have had some counselling and am now at the point whereby I have actually taken my first step of overcoming my fears and earlier today registered with my local NHS dentist and will shortly be having my first examination.

I am aware though at least two teeth will have to come out as one is cracked with the filling exposed.

I have been googling and found this site here http://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/nhsdirect.aspx?id=225

I am a little bit confused by the statement †œCharges will be for a course of treatment, so, for example, if three fillings are required, you will still only pay the one treatment charge.ââ‚à ‚¬Ã‚

Does this mean that if after my first examination he says you need two extractions, two fillings etc that the charge will be £39 for the job lot ???

Grateful as ever for any advice.

Thanks

:angel:

EBO48
12-08-2006, 04:02
Yes you only pay for a "course" of treatment you could have numerous fillings etc but there is a charge of £100+ if you start to go into the denture bit

LSainsbury
17-10-2006, 10:52
Hello - well - just as a close to this - I finally had my operation to remove the tooth yesterday. Still feel a bit tired and dizy from it all, but at least the little bugger is outa there now!

Jules
17-10-2006, 11:14
I hope that sorts it all out for you :)

LSainsbury
17-10-2006, 11:21
Thanks Jules! Me too! It all started about two years ago, but it's now finally resolved - I hope!

Jules
17-10-2006, 11:24
You have suffered for two years with it!!??!! I would have got rid of it long ago I hate toothache :(

LSainsbury
17-10-2006, 11:36
Kind of! Been off and on! Been the dentist a few times with it - infections x2 (possibly 3) then I cracked the tooth on a hazelnut (from a bowl of Alpen - thats the last time I try and get healthy!), so that got filled.

Then the filling came out, another infection, dentist advised a removal, but becuase it was cracked he would prefer the hospital to do it. Waited for 1st appointment, got told yes we can do that - only 5 months ish waiting lists, then 4 months ish later finally removed!

As you can see - a bit of a saga!

Jules
17-10-2006, 11:40
Well after all that I hope the healing process goes without a hitch for you :tu:

lauzjp
17-10-2006, 12:03
:disturbd: agh, don't remind me - I've got bad teeth, its nearly Christmas; chocolate & sweeties... (though I have managed to crack teeth on baked potatoes and skips.) toothache must be looming! :disturbd:

Shaun
17-10-2006, 12:05
You shouldn't have bothered with the hospital, just get yourself some of the stickiest toffee you can find. :D

lauzjp
17-10-2006, 12:08
You shouldn't have bothered with the hospital, just get yourself some of the stickiest toffee you can find. :D
:dozey: the source of many a lost tooth for me! worse than fruit pastels... just try not chewing toffee?! :rolleyes:

LSainsbury
17-10-2006, 12:11
:disturbd: agh, don't remind me - I've got bad teeth, its nearly Christmas; chocolate & sweeties... (though I have managed to crack teeth on baked potatoes and skips.) toothache must be looming! :disturbd:

Best get to the dentist then!!

lauzjp
17-10-2006, 14:07
nooooooooooooooooooo! no dentist for me until absolutely necessary (ie when I run out of clove oil / painkillers / sleeping pills) when I have the injections I still feel the pain... and I'm too fat to be put under... :erm:

Stephen
17-10-2006, 14:20
Damn toothache. I had a tooth removed yesterday as it was too difficult to put a filling in. It was the furthest tooth at the back bottom left side.

However my dentist couldn't get the full tooth so I have to go see a dental surgeon in a week or two.

greencreeper
17-10-2006, 18:54
4 months :Yikes: I went to the local dental hospital with an exposed root under a filling. Tooth removed a few hours later. They were going to remove the filling and dress it, but I said no - wasn't much of the tooth left. Four months though - I'd have gone nuts.