PDA

View Full Version : Im trying to get online with my ps2.......

jaxxbizkit
07-03-2006, 19:02
Im currently trying to get online with my ps2

Iv got a desktop pc with a usb broadband modem that runs through ntl.
I used to be able to get online with my ps2 as i had the cable/ethernet connections through my computer but this isnt available in my area now as i have moved.

Is there anyway I can set this up using the usb/asdl phone line connections i have now?

preferably with as little outlay as possible as im a bit short of rubles at the moment (mr abramovich are you listening..... chuck me some coinage!)

Gavsta

benboy
09-03-2006, 13:40
I take it your modem has a ethernet out port.

Maybe do the following:

Modem>RJ45 cable>PS2 or
Modem>cable>router>cable>PS2 or
Modem>cable>wireless router>wireless bridge>PS2

http://eu.playstation.com/networkgaming/browseSubcat.jhtml?subcatId=208&linktype=MPC

Graham M
09-03-2006, 15:07
I take it your modem has a ethernet out port.

Maybe do the following:

Modem>RJ45 cable>PS2 or
Modem>cable>router>cable>PS2 or
Modem>cable>wireless router>wireless bridge>PS2

http://eu.playstation.com/networkgaming/browseSubcat.jhtml?subcatId=208&linktype=MPC

No it doesnt, as he has ADSL (unless he has a Router)

You could do it like

Modem->USB->PC->RJ45->PS2 and then turn Internet Connection Sharing on on the ADSL connection ought to do it.

jaxxbizkit
09-03-2006, 20:40
No it doesnt, as he has ADSL (unless he has a Router)

You could do it like

Modem->USB->PC->RJ45->PS2 and then turn Internet Connection Sharing on on the ADSL connection ought to do it.

Woah hold up there partner, you just said a whole bunch of stuff i dont know! :)
Is RJ45 the cable running from PS2 into the ethernet/network slot on the back of the computer?

I havnt got a clue how to use internet connection sharing either

:Yikes: Scary thing about this all is that my job is working on a computer helpdesk! ssshhhhhhhhhhh dont let on that im thick!:dunce:

Graham M
09-03-2006, 22:11
lol OK :)

Connect the Net Adapter of the PS2 using a Crossover Network Cable to the Ethernet Port in the Back of your PC, Go into your Network Connections in control panel and right-click your Internet connection and click Properties, in one of those tabs, it will say "Allow Other Users on My Network to Use this Connection" or something similar.

jaxxbizkit
09-03-2006, 22:22
nice one thanks mate

im out for the rest of tonight but il try this tomorrow so fingers crossed il be whipping ass on pro evo 5 tomorrow night!!!