PDA

View Full Version : Sky Channel Number Changes

Pia
06-03-2006, 16:30
Anyone else finding it annoying that Sky keep changing channel numbers?

e4 used to be on channel 205, then it changed to 163, now it's 140.
But this time they've moved the Music channels, (MTV is now 340 not 440) i think the sports and some others.

It would be helpful if your favourites went with the channel not the number position!
Doesn't seem to be much point in it, just a little annoying!

Derek
06-03-2006, 16:34
Allegedly this will be the last change for a while...

I've got used to the new numbers pretty quickly but a few times forget and find myself watching something completely different to what I was intending.

Still it would be good if now that Ntl/Telewest are as one they could follow suite and have all the numbers the same or very similar.

chris_mc_1266
07-03-2006, 01:57
same here m8 i hope ntl use the same software as sky to make a whole new epg. ntls current epg is sh**. do u think that they will do so later in the year ???

Paul
07-03-2006, 09:58
I've never understood peoples fascination with channel numbers - who cares as long as you know what number your channels are on ?

Pia
07-03-2006, 11:49
I've never understood peoples fascination with channel numbers - who cares as long as you know what number your channels are on ?
It's just a little bit annoying, when you get into the habit of going to your channel but it's not there anymore!