PDA

View Full Version : Direct Action

testcard
21-11-2003, 21:56
Legal Direct Action maybe a way on concentrating ntl to address the sub standard service.

A carefully crafted letter which can be downloaded and tailored to your own circumstances. These then posted on a stated date.

These will be proper letters from account holders with real service issues.

ntl is legaly obliged to answer and respond to these issues within set time limits.
Failure will result in serious problems with oftel.

Our objective is simple- a service that works for all.

Animal
22-11-2003, 10:20

Only if it is a complaint related to telephony services.

Oftel have no regulatory power over services delivered by Cable, that is Analogue TV, Digital TV, and Broad Band Internet.

They also have no regulatory power over Dial Up Internet services delivered by telephony, nor I believe ADSL delivered Internet Services.

They do publish stats such as these http://www.oftel.gov.uk/publications/consumer/comp1103.htm related to internet, but again they have no regulatory power.

They have recently set a guideline that BT and Kingston should try and supply dial up internet at a minimum rate of 28.8K - note that did not apply to other providers such as NTL or TeleWest.

Alan Ryan
22-11-2003, 18:53
Legal Direct Action maybe a way on concentrating ntl to address the sub standard service.

A carefully crafted letter which can be downloaded and tailored to your own circumstances. These then posted on a stated date.

ntl is legaly obliged to answer and respond to these issues within set time limits.

Alan Ryan
22-11-2003, 18:58
No action direct or indirect is likely to give me the service that I'm paying for but which is apparently beyond NTL's ability to supply. The only option left is the funadmental action of terminating my contract as soon as I've endured the 12 months minimum.

rodd
23-11-2003, 19:37

Personally, I think that it could be quite a good idea or something along those lines. Direct action, easily taken by the customers, by copying the form, filling in the details and emailing or posting to ntl.

Sure, the details obliging ntl to respond will only relate to the telephone services as has been said.

Though, can we not use that (obligation to respond) to our advantage, by making additional complaints regarding ntl's other services (lower down the telephone complaint section). They won't HAVE to respond to those other complaints, but they will have to regarding the telephone complaint.

I'm sure that when you have poor services on ntl's other products.........you are likely to also have poor service with the telephone service as well......if you see what I getting at.

Maybe all services would improve as ntl get fed up with having to respond to all these complaints. It would seem one way of bringing pressure to bare, on ntl.

bigitup_j
23-11-2003, 19:59
remember from 29th december 2003, ofcom take over everything in communication regulation, don't know if that will include broadband and digital tv though. ideally it should...
anyone know??

Stuart
23-11-2003, 21:19
remember from 29th december 2003, ofcom take over everything in communication regulation, don't know if that will include broadband and digital tv though. ideally it should...
anyone know??
According to their website, they do.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about_ofcom/foundation_framework/index.htm

bigitup_j
23-11-2003, 21:23
cheers...don't know why i didn't look on the ofcom website in the first place! :shrug:

j.courtenay
28-11-2003, 16:36
I'd recommend visiting Oftel at http//www.oftel.gov.uk if it's a problem with NTL.

Shaun
28-11-2003, 18:54
So maybe it could be organised for a date in January!