PDA

View Full Version : Another online gaming problem thread

schrickvr6
04-03-2006, 12:24
Hi all 1st post here :D

My problem is this....I'm in a counter strike source clan and therefore need to use teamspeak while i'm playing. Generally the connection is ok, sometimes i lag out of games, get a small amount of packet loss or get a timed out webpage but normally it's alright...But as soon as i try to use teamspeak at the same time as css the game crashes back to desktop, sometimes it happens instantly other times maybe after 5 minutes or at most about 1/2 an hour. Sometimes i have to reboot the modem to get the connection back online

Nobody else in the clan has any problems with either the teamspeak or css server and with no ts running i get a very good connection on our server with zero packet loss.

I've got a terayon tj210 cable modem with a 2mb connection and i get the same problem with a direct connection to the modem or any one of 3 routers i have tried and also 3 or 4 different computers, also a friend lives just up the road and has the 120 or 200 modem and gets absolutely none of the problems i do.

I must have called tech support 30 times and they just will not book an engineer visit as they say their tests show no problems whatsoever and the engineer will cancel the visit in 4 seconds??? I even threatened to end my contract and go elsewhere... they offered to put me through to customer services. Strangely since my last call i seem to have been upgraded to 10mb even though i didn't ask to be and i bet i'm being charged for it.

I'm completely at a loss what to do, does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers