PDA

View Full Version : Existing 2MB Customer Broadband Plus Question

copey123
03-03-2006, 09:43
I've had 2mb for absolutely ages now and only just realised that i can get broadband plus for free. I've been looking on the site now for 30 minutes and cannot find a register page. It just takes me to a page to sign up to NTL Broadband (Which i already have!). It's probably something obvious but can someone please help? I could do with something to keep me occupied while i'm ill off work :(

kenm
03-03-2006, 10:12
Should be as simple as going to http://www.ntlworld.com/broadbandplus

copey123
03-03-2006, 10:56
Ok so i've gone there, and then you click "Sign up now" which takes you here: http://www.ntlworld.com/broadbandplus/signupnow/get_broadband.php

And then i click "Buy Now" under the 10mb and 2mb FREE section, which then takes me to: http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/broadband to buy a broadband package?! I already have a bloody broadband package! I just want the free Broadband Plus content! :(

kenm
03-03-2006, 11:12
It looks like it's not recognising your ip as being with NTL ! - You should get a "Get Started" button on the signup screen, the "Buy Now" option is what I get if I access the screen via a non ntl connection.

copey123
03-03-2006, 11:23
Hmm, i am on a 2mb NTL Connection. I have a router/access point that i am currently using that works perfectly. I don't get the "Get started" button on either my Main PC, or my Laptop. Reckon it's worth calling Customer Services or should i be able to do something to solve it? I can't think of anything off the top of my head, i have never had any problems before today with anything NTL wise.

copey123
03-03-2006, 15:30
Could it be to do with the fact that this is a different PC to the one i registered with ages ago? It will have a different MAC address. I am sure i remember some sort of tool or webpage where you could add new mac addresses to your account. Does anyone know where i can find this?

Thanks in advance!

Aragorn
03-03-2006, 15:37
Try clicking the 'Connection' Link at the top of this pag and post the text and the first 2 parts of your IP (eg 82.130.x.x) and the proxy IP if it shows one. Have you specified a manual non-NTL proxy in you browser?

This prob will have nothing to do with Mac addresses - they are hidden behind your router.

copey123
03-03-2006, 15:49
You appear to be an ntl Customer Your IP address 80.6.x.x Your Proxy IP address 62.252.224.12
What now? :-o Cheers.

Aragorn
03-03-2006, 16:03
That's a valid NTL IP & a Leeds transparent proxy.

Next suggestion would be to use the instructions here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#iew) to manually specify one of the other Leeds proxies (not leed-cache-1.server.ntli.net).

copey123
03-03-2006, 16:12
That's a valid NTL IP & a Leeds transparent proxy.

Next suggestion would be to use the instructions here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#iew) to manually specify one of the other Leeds proxies (not leed-cache-1.server.ntli.net).

Tried all proxies from 62.252.224.12 to 62.252.224.19 and got the same results. Made sure it wasn't cached pages i was seeing either. Phoned Customer Support and they say that Broadband Plus needs Activating on my account. But they can't so it right now because my account is currently under the "Billing Cycle" which takes a few hours. I have to call back later. What a ****ing joke :(

copey123
03-03-2006, 18:53
Oh my god, for the first time in my life i have experienced the phenomenon that is known as NTL HELL. I have called 7 times and each time been transferred from Technical Support to CUstomer Services. Customer services have twice said "ok the service is now active and should be up and running within 20 minutes". This wasn't the case. Whenever i call technical support i get through to a man with a strong Indian accent who puts me on hold for 20 minutes each time before transferring me back to the customer services line. The final call i was told that Customer Services can only enable Broadband Plus for 1mb customers. 2mb and above have to go through tech support. All tech support do is transfer me back. I got so angry on the phone that i had to stop the call and hang up. Now can someone tell me who is lying to me? I have been on the phone (no word of a lie) for 3 hours today trying to get this sorted and on hold and have got absolutely nowhere. Is there anyone on here who actually works for NTL who would be able to help me out? Is it worth complaining about this or will i get nowhere? This is clearly false advertising if i can't receive a service that is advertised everywhere but is not available, even on the phone to me whilst i was on hold all those hours!

Chris W
03-03-2006, 19:04
copey123 if you PM me your name, account number and a contact number i will pass these onto ntl to get this issue resolved.

nigs
03-03-2006, 19:37
I have the same problem I can't acces broadband plus..
sends me to the same pages as copey123,, I'm also on 2mb broadband

Chris W
03-03-2006, 19:41
nigs have you spoken to ntl regarding this problem?

When i worked in tech support (nearly a year ago) there were problems with certain ip ranges being picked up as non-ntl customers- it seems likely that a similar problem is occuring now.

Last year ntl had a system for collating information regarding this so it could be resolved, but i don't know whether this is occurring at the moment...

nigs
03-03-2006, 19:54
Not as yet but i will do,, few weeks ago on the sevice staus page it said there was some problems with signing up with broadband plus if you had 250 modem, so i have been waiting to see if they fixed it...
now its not on the status page so I thought it was fixed???? who knows?

thanosp
04-03-2006, 14:36
I am on NTL BB 2Mb using SACM ntl:250. When i try to sign up to Broadband plus i get the following error: A system error has occurred within Broadband Plus. Please try again. I will try again the next days.

UncleBooBoo
04-03-2006, 14:53
My broadband plus has not worked for the last couple of months!

Called TS and spent 20 mins on the phone checking this and that just for him to tell me there is a national outage????

Why not just say that the idiot!

kin242
04-03-2006, 23:43
I've got into BB+ no problem from a 2 meg connection.

You're not missing anything. Its just a pile of adverts and dross- really! There's absolutely nothing on here you cannot get anywhere else.