PDA

View Full Version : Does it really take 5 days to upgrade from 2mb to 10mb?

Enuff
02-03-2006, 12:06
Hi all, a friend of mine has decided to upgrade from the 2mb to 10mb, she called ntl and they said no worries, it can take upto 24hrs. she's checked her connection 24hrs later, and done all the right things first, like unplug from router and shutdown pc and reset the cable modem etc... checked her sacm config and still she is on 2048000 (2mb). She calls CS to ask why she isnt on the 10mb, CS tell her it can take upto 5 days!! What?

I have never heard of an upgrade taking this long, I was just wondering if any nice ntl employee on here could check out her account to see if there is some kind of problem that may cause the upgrade to take that long?

thnx in advance, I have her details to pm when needed :)

etccarmageddon
02-03-2006, 12:08
sounds like incompetence to me.

bjorkiii
02-03-2006, 12:09
My upgrade 3 to 10 took practically seconds over the phone.

Enuff
02-03-2006, 12:15
I myself was palmed off by CS when I got knocked down from 10mb to 2mb for no reason what-so-ever. I spoke to 5 CS staff asking them to upgrade me back to 10mb please, but no joy :( Then I came on CF and a very nice member sorted it out for me within minutes. All I can say is thank god for cable forum! ;)

jtwn
02-03-2006, 15:36
Use the tier migration system on ntlworld.com. At least you don't have to deal with people then.

BarFly
02-03-2006, 15:56
Use the tier migration system on ntlworld.com. At least you don't have to deal with people then.

dont get the first month discount then though...;)
swings & roundabouts i suppose........:angel:

Chrysalis
02-03-2006, 17:59
everytime I have upgraded it has always been so fast it happens whilst still on the phone, the tier migration page is also within 30 seconds so I dont understand it when people get told to wait 24 hours.

The one exception to this is when I downgraded in january it took a few weeks for my modem to pick up the new config.

Chris W
02-03-2006, 19:56
If you have already changed the service level during the billing cycle then you may not be able to change service level again until after the next billing run.

UncleBooBoo
02-03-2006, 20:25
Yea NTL will tell you any old bull sh*t just to get you off the phone, I called to upgrade from the 2Mb to the 10Mb and was told thanks I have done that please allow 24 hours for the speed increase to take place. 24 hours later and I called back as I had not changed teirs and was informed I can't upgrade my speed for another 3 days due to a previouse change in my speeds!

Ok fair enough I don't mind that but why the hell lie to me about it?

Why not say that the first time!

All I can say is i'm glad I got rid of my phone and tv services!

Broadband works just fine and i'm happy with it but NTL as a company just suck!

Enuff
03-03-2006, 00:05
Thnx to a certain member of this forum my friend is now on the 10mb... She thnx u from the heart of her bottom... oops! please reverse that. :D

Lemonzest
04-03-2006, 12:59
If its anything less then Instant, then its BS i was told it would take 24 hours by the Indian call centre and it dint get upgraded then called and got Scotland, and it was done in seconds

Enuff
04-03-2006, 15:22
If its anything less then Instant, then its BS i was told it would take 24 hours by the Indian call centre and it dint get upgraded then called and got Scotland, and it was done in secondsYe, she did say that it was some indian guys that she spoke to on 2 or 3 occasions.

Jon_
05-03-2006, 08:56
I just went to http://www.ntlworld.com/toolsservices/tiermigration/ and it took me around 30 seconds