PDA

View Full Version : 512k upgrades

nemesis01
01-03-2006, 18:13
although i am no longer on the 512k service (was moved to 10MB a couple months ago) i got a letter today saying that my 512k service (???) was being upgraded to 1MB at the end of april. this is what letter said:

Free Broadband Speed Increase!

ntl is increasing the download speed of your unlimited broadband service from 512k to 1MB, at no increase to your monthly fee. We are also increasing the upload speed of your service from 64K to 100K as part of the upgrade.

We will complete the upgrades by the end of April. You do not need to do anything - we will do it for you.

rest of letter was the usual ntl best broadband in the world kinda stuff, but interesting news anyway. even more interesting i got a letter telling me they are upgrading a service i dont even have anymore. :dunce:

maverick
01-03-2006, 23:21
I think this letter was intended for heavy users who were force downgraded for going over the cap.

nemesis01
02-03-2006, 09:05
I think this letter was intended for heavy users who were force downgraded for going over the cap.

yes i know that, i was one of those forced to downgrade. i did manage to get onto a higher speed, through a stroke of luck as it turns out, but i would have probably not bothered if they were upgrading the *naughty* 512k speed to 1mb.

alanmcclurg
02-03-2006, 19:50
According to my ntl bill I have been upgraded to 1Mb. Cant say I have noticed any difference and when I did a speed check it says speed 512K.
Am I being conned?

homealone
02-03-2006, 19:55
According to my ntl bill I have been upgraded to 1Mb. Cant say I have noticed any difference and when I did a speed check it says speed 512K.
Am I being conned?

hi :welcome: have you re-booted your modem?

alanmcclurg
04-03-2006, 19:47
Thanks Gaz, re-booted and got the upgraded speed.