PDA

View Full Version : good resort

akane1984
01-03-2006, 14:57
Hi iam lookin for somewhere to go in summer with gf and we are lookin for clear water sandy beaches that arent populated with thousands of people and also somewhere near a decent theme park.

any help?

Maggy
01-03-2006, 15:06
Hi iam lookin for somewhere to go in summer with gf and we are lookin for clear water sandy beaches that arent populated with thousands of people and also somewhere near a decent theme park.

any help?

Some of the Welsh coastline is gorgeous.But it is Wales and rain might be an issue.;)

Stay away from the South Coast of England though.It is grockle central in the summer and the parking is terrible.;)

homealone
01-03-2006, 15:11
the North East coast is very nice, places like Scarborough & Whitby are full of character and fairly near the 'Flamingo Land' theme park & zoo. The park isn't up to Alton Towers standard, but is an enjoyable day out.

akane1984
01-03-2006, 15:38
more lookin abroad lol clear water . . sandy beaches and theme park. ive been told salou is good?

Jarandco
01-03-2006, 20:09
more lookin abroad lol clear water . . sandy beaches and theme park. ive been told salou is good?

Ive been to Port Aventura in Salou, had a great time, stayed in the theme parks own hotel (hotel port aventura - although they do have two others) which i would recommend, the hotels weren't massive, set out in a village style, and has a good friendly atmosphere, also get all your park tickets included, and the food was good, a large buffet style meal, that is usually included in your stay (HB anyway). You can also eat in the other restaurants around the 3 hotels, or even in the park. The theme park is brilliant, well themed loads of rides, a mix of shows, some are good others not so, good firework display during the summer months as well! As for Salou itself i didn't spend much time there, but it looks pleasant enough, the beach is massive and seemed clean and very sandy! There are quite a few bars within the town, some english ones as well if you want that! Have a look at www.holidaytruths.co.uk for more information, just go to the Costa Dorada forum section!

Just a brief overview, any other questions ill try and answer, but as i said those forums are great for a lot more info!:)

LSainsbury
01-03-2006, 20:49
Some of the Welsh coastline is gorgeous.But it is Wales and rain might be an issue.;)

Not sure if Barry island pier constitutes as a theme park, Incognitas! :D

Maggy
01-03-2006, 21:02

Not sure if Barry island pier constitutes as a theme park, Incognitas! :D

Actually I was thinking around St Davids...;)

skyblueheroes
02-03-2006, 22:49
Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. Lovely.