PDA

View Full Version : free tv guide

Atomic22
20-11-2003, 19:07
did everyone get the free tv guide and vouchers last week from ntl?
having read it for the first time i realised its way better than any of the current tv guides i buy and having next weeks edition free as well and the following two weeks for 40p each ntl have persuaded me to buy it always.....
what does everyone think of it and why are ntl promoting it?

homealone
20-11-2003, 19:38
having read it for the first time i realised its way better than any of the current tv guides i buy and having next weeks edition free as well and the following two weeks for 40p each ntl have persuaded me to buy it always.....

I thought it was comprehensive & well laid out, however, for me, Digiguide is the better option - & cheaper too. It can be customised to reflect only the channels I actually watch, has a great search facility and if you prefer a printed listing, will do that as well.

Paul
20-11-2003, 20:09
what does everyone think of it and why are ntl promoting it?No I didn't - did it come with your bill or just on spec ?

TBH, I don't use paper tv guides unless I'm away from home and cannot access the internet. Not in my wildest dreams would I pay 40p a week for a tv guide. :D

Maggy
20-11-2003, 20:40

NO! and I would like to know why not.

Incog. :sulk:

Ramrod
20-11-2003, 20:41
NO! and I would like to know why not.

Incog. :sulk:Me too!

Shaun
20-11-2003, 21:40
Me too!

And me :monkey:

Chris
20-11-2003, 22:51
why are ntl promoting it?

Because their own on-screen 'tv guide' is a great big pile of pants that only gives you three days programming, and even that only on a good day.

Sometimes I really do miss Ceefax. :(

Shaun
20-11-2003, 23:44
Do Radio Times know?

Nemesis
21-11-2003, 09:28
And me :monkey:
And Me !!!!

Rubber Duck
21-11-2003, 14:08
And Me !!!!

& me!! Didn't know anything about it until i'd read this thread

th'engineer
21-11-2003, 18:30
they sent us last weeks today good old NTL

Atomic22
22-11-2003, 18:51
heheheh it seems i got 2 free guides ,one in my name and one in the other halfs name....also 2 lots of free and discounted vouchers for coming issues....
no wonder you lot missed out if some of us got 2 :)
it really is a good guide as well....:)