PDA

View Full Version : Phone dead..fixed..dead again. I hate NTL..

rozzy
25-02-2006, 17:48
My landline went dead last Weds. NTL sent someone round on Friday evening (yesterday) to fix the problem.
He told me it was something to do with the wiring from the box attached to the house; mumbled something about colours and that he had a spare bit of wire he could sort the problem with.

Problem sorted - until this morning - less than 24 hours later. Phone dead again.
I looked at the wiring outside myself. Half of it was falling away from the wall and I could actually see a chunk of casing had come away, exposing the wires within it!

My sister rang to report the fault for me.

The wonderful customer service told her they would send someone round on Tuesday evening - and if I wasn't in they would charge me £10. No apology, no compensation for the fact that I'll have been without landline for nearly a week - just the threat of a charge if I dare go out.

I'm furious.

The second my landline is fixed - I'm going straight to BT to be re-connected with them.

Roz

Stuart
25-02-2006, 18:48
:welcome: to the forum.

NTL have clearly messed up, but could you report the problem to http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=81? That system is used by several managers and directors within NTL, and has been set up to enable customers to leave comments.

Mick
25-02-2006, 19:00
Please forward me a private message rozzy with some details - It's usually quicker going through our ntl contacts to resolve any issues you have.

rozzy
27-02-2006, 21:45
Thanks for your comments.
I've used the feedback form.

Roz