PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic IPs

ace_vz
22-02-2006, 16:05
Hello ntl'ers!

Just signed up to 10mbps internet. Ordered 4pm yesterday, engineer turned up this morning and up and running by 11am! very impressive.

That aside. I have a question... Obviously NTL ip's are ALL dynamic it seems. I connect to many sites and servers that require IP authentication. Is there any sense/order to being assigned an IP?

At the moment I am living on an 82.11.x.x ip. But have noticed it leap to 82.5.x.x already.

I live in SWINDON and seem to connect to anything in the bhrm.cable.ntl.com reverse range.

Is there a list of IP ranges that I may sit on, for my area?

Many thanks in advance.

* This was originally posted on AG. Not much activity there hence post here, shall remove if answered!

Jon M
22-02-2006, 16:11
If your modem if left on 24/7 it's unlikely to change for a long period of time after the initial address is assigned.
Bear in mind that some servers may be picking up your proxy address.

ace_vz
22-02-2006, 16:30
Thanks for that info. I will leave it powered on :-)

Out of curiosity though, does anyone have a listed of WAN ranges for the rDNS range of *.brhm.cable.ntl.com ? I am *predicting they are 82.1.anything.anything up to 82.15.anything.anything ???

A list for my area would be very useful. Unforunately it cannot authenticate by reverse dns so ips are a neccessity.

The servers I am connecting to I can confirm are authenticating my WAN ip NOT the proxy IP.