PDA

View Full Version : Ip Address blocked?

ethan_hunt202
22-02-2006, 09:32
Hey guys,

In over 3 years with NTL, this is the only problem i have come up against.

I've been a regular reader and poster on the 'Scrubs' offical website forum (ww.scrubs-tv.com), but, over the past 3 months i've been unable to get onto it.

It keeps telling me that my IP address is blocked from accessing the site. I've been in contact with Go.com who run the forums for ABC (scrub's owner, but not the network it's shown on), but despite their best efforts, it still won't let me on.

I would ring NTL, but the account is in my parents name, and the last thing my mum wants after being at work all day is to sit on the phone for 20 minutes being bounced from pillar to post.

I've never posted anything that's not to do with the show and never been abusive to anyone, so i can't understand what the problem is.

Any help would be most appreciated guys and gals (jingle, jangle jewellery, jewellery)

Lee W

Stuart
22-02-2006, 09:38
:welcome: to the forum.

Basically, this is probably as a result of bad coding on their part. The IP that's being blocked is probably that of your Proxy, and the website is not looking in the correct area to recieve your correct IP.

Try changing proxies, as detailed in http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html .

ethan_hunt202
22-02-2006, 14:49
Outstanding that man!!

Thanks very much

marky
22-02-2006, 17:29
And it wouldnt suprise me if it started on jan 9th this year and not months ago.