PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to insult Adolf Hitler if it upsets people who like him?

Xaccers
21-02-2006, 20:33
If a member of this forum was pro-Adolf Hitler (thought he was actually a nice chap, just a little misunderstood), would it be wrong to make comments against Hitler, which portrayed him in a bad light, even if accurate, if it offended the member who liked him?

Damien
21-02-2006, 20:36
No, People make comments about Bush, Blair and others that may annoy people on here.

Comments against the member would be unfair, but it depends what they said. If they thought he was unfairly treated then it would be unfair. If however they said he had the right idea then they should be banned

Stuart
21-02-2006, 20:56
IMO, no.

I have always believed we should be free to disagree with each other, as long as we don't get too personal. Pretty much the forum rules really.

etccarmageddon
21-02-2006, 20:59
I'm sure this is a loaded question... are we about to draw a comparison with someone like sadam when the poll closes? what are you upto!

timewarrior2001
21-02-2006, 21:09
I voted no, purely because of it being Hitler, anyone that looks to him as a role model or a figure of respect has a mental problem.

punky
21-02-2006, 21:11
Depends on the insult/critism.

As I have said in the Cartoon protests, I think people should be able to criticise whoever they like, alive or dead.

Having said that, there is a big difference between criticism, and being nasty. For example. Saying someone "isn't very nice" is valid criticism. Calling someone "a w****r", isn't valid critism.

I don't think anyone should be exempt from being able to insult people. Yeah, Hitler wasn't very nice, but if we are allowed to insult him, then where do you draw the line? At what point do we draw the line?

Paul
21-02-2006, 21:11
Seems a very loaded question :erm:

Ramrod
21-02-2006, 21:14
Seems a very loaded question :erm:The best kind of question :D

Bifta
21-02-2006, 21:26
I'm waiting for the "Then what's wrong with insulting cartoon's portraying Mohammed?"

marky
21-02-2006, 21:36
I think i'll duck out of this right after i say,
Hitler killed millions of inoccent people, screw loose or what :nutter:

Julian
21-02-2006, 21:59
Now this wouldn't have anything to do with a certain gentleman being sent to prison for 3 years for questioning history would it? ;)

I have to ask what made him go back to Austria..... :dunce:

Xaccers
21-02-2006, 22:04
This has nothing to do with cartoons or historians :)

I'm interested in peoples' views on the matter.
Personally, I think it's ok to point out the failings of someone like Hitler, but not to insult the person who idolises him.

Timewarrior, you actually voted yes :)

Ramrod
21-02-2006, 22:12
I think that if someone is stupid enough to 'idolise' someone like Hitler then it's ok to insult them. :shrug:

Pia
22-02-2006, 01:57
I think that if someone is stupid enough to 'idolise' someone like Hitler then it's ok to insult them. :shrug:
Yep, i agree with that:D